oldshurst442

What Are You Watching?

Finished season 3 of Finnish crime drama 'Bordertown' this past week, along w/ season 1 of French/Dutch crime drama 'Baptiste' (with the always excellent Tchecky Karyo).    Currently watching French mystery/drama 'Black Spot' .. set in a small French mountain town without cell reception or GPS (hence the title, though the title in French translates to White Spot)...surrounded by woods, mysterious goings-on in the woods, teenagers murdered/missing, a powerful lumber family, etc..feels a lot like 'Twin Peaks'..

Watching oldies, back to the future series of movies, Underworld series, except when working in the garden, have not done much this weekend.

After lots of European crime dramas the last few weeks, been goofing off with '80s comedies this afternoon.. 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels', 'Spies Like Us', and ‘Fletch’ in the evening...love vintage Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Steve Martin...

Been a quiet weekend... baked some orange roughy and veggies today...

Up to 88 today after 86 yesterday.   Crazy, went from 40s a couple weeks ago to 80s.   Had the windows open yesterday and enjoyed some breezes and fresh air, but upstairs was too warm last night...fired up the AC at 1:30 am for the first time this year.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Robert Hall said:

'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels', 'Spies Like Us', and ‘Fletch’ in the evening...love vintage Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Steve Martin...

Me. Too.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...  Sounds like a great movie to introduce my kids to tonight.  I got the DVD.  I forgot I had it until now.

Us talking about voyages. To Europe. Talking about Italian and Greek trips. The movie is set in the French Riviera.  Im Greek...A Greek billionaire is just about to be swindled in the end...  Yeah... PERFECT movie to sum up the day. Thanks for sharing!  

• Upvote 2

Binge-watched the new Netflix Steve Carell comedy Space Force last night...pretty funny.