Drew Dowdell

Ford News: Ford's Mustang Inspired EV Crossover to Have 370 Mile Range

Ford revealed during a debut event for its European electrified models that the as-yet-unnamed Mustang inspired electrified crossover will have a range of 370 miles when it arrives in 2020, but those are using the WTLP cycle, and the EPA range rating could be lower.  Ford has previously stated they were targeting a range of 300 miles, so a good guess for the EPA range would be somewhere between those two numbers.  Ford has recently trademarked the name "Mach-E" and "Mustang Mach-E". Could this be a name for this new EV crossover? Time will tell. 

Earlier in 2019, Ford stated that all future vehicle will have an electrified version, something borne out by yesterdays unveiling of the 2020 Ford Escape with two hybrid variants. 

Ford Puma Teaser.jpgFord also teased us with the Puma, a compact crossover set to slot between the Ecosport and Kuga, the Euro version of the Escape.  The Puma uses a 48-volt batter and a belt-alternator-starter system mated to a 1.0 liter 3-cylinder EcoBoost engine. No word yet if the Puma will make it to the U.S., but with pint-sized crossovers selling so well in the U.S., we'd not be surprised to see it here in the near future. (Click image to enlarge)

View full article

Excited for the EV range, could a new Ford be in my future? 🤔

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, dfelt said:

Excited for the EV range, could a new Ford be in my future? 🤔

I doubt  it will be in your desired XXL size

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ykX said:

I doubt  it will be in your desired XXL size

They don't make them in Shrek size.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Since I have gone to daily workouts starting last September, I have dropped 30lbs and 4 inches around the waist. :D Course muscle mass is growing so I do not expect to drop below my current 270lbs.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

A car, pickup, or SUV with a extended height greenhouse ala the farm truck in the Big Bird movie would fit him..;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

A car, pickup, or SUV with a extended height greenhouse ala the farm truck in the Big Bird movie would fit him..;)

Like this?

gettyimages-489649700.jpg?itok=KhORZ0gu&

• Haha 2

Yes, something like that..every time dfelt mentions not fitting in a vehicle I think of an old 70s car ad or something that had a NBA player driving a VW beetle from the backseat (front seat removed)...

• Upvote 1

Yes, something like that..every time dfelt mentions not fitting in a vehicle I think of an old 70s car ad or something that had a NBA player driving a VW beetle from the backseat (front seat removed)...

Marcin Gortat in a Mini

image.png.9e7be8a489a07b011af65c67acd371aa.png

• Haha 2

I found a bunch of print ads w/ Wilt Chamberlain for the VW Beetle and Rabbit, but it looks like he's using the normal driver's seat...

1 hour ago, frogger said:

Marcin Gortat in a Mini

image.png.9e7be8a489a07b011af65c67acd371aa.png

You found my alter ego! :P 

I found a bunch of print ads w/ Wilt Chamberlain for the VW Beetle and Rabbit, but it looks like he's using the normal driver's seat...

Here is my cousin! ;) :P

See the source image

Me trying to get into a little car.

See the source image

• Haha 1

Saved the environment and ate it too

t_6VvZ.gif

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Following the Concept EQV at the Geneva Auto Show back in March, Mercedes-Benz has pulled the wraps off the production version ahead of the Frankfurt Auto Show coming up in September. 
      The Mercedes says that the EQV will have a range of about 250 miles and rapid charging from 10 percent to 80 percent of the 100 kWh battery in less than one hour. Interior space is not compromised as the battery is stored under the floor of the vehicle.  Drivers can control the recuperation levels with paddles behind the steering wheel, with the strongest setting being akin to braking allowing single pedal operation. The drive unit is a 204 horsepower / 267 lb-ft of torque motor that drives the front wheels. Top speed is said to be 99 mph. 
      Passengers can expect a lounge like interior with EQ specific décor and the MBUX infotainment system. Two wheelbases will be available. 
      Sales in the US are an unknown at this time, but with the threat of tariffs looming, we highly doubt it. The only EV that Daimler offered in the US is the Smart Fourtwo, but that model and brand will be departing the US for China after 2019.  

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Following the Concept EQV at the Geneva Auto Show back in March, Mercedes-Benz has pulled the wraps off the production version ahead of the Frankfurt Auto Show coming up in September. 
      The Mercedes says that the EQV will have a range of about 250 miles and rapid charging from 10 percent to 80 percent of the 100 kWh battery in less than one hour. Interior space is not compromised as the battery is stored under the floor of the vehicle.  Drivers can control the recuperation levels with paddles behind the steering wheel, with the strongest setting being akin to braking allowing single pedal operation. The drive unit is a 204 horsepower / 267 lb-ft of torque motor that drives the front wheels. Top speed is said to be 99 mph. 
      Passengers can expect a lounge like interior with EQ specific décor and the MBUX infotainment system. Two wheelbases will be available. 
      Sales in the US are an unknown at this time, but with the threat of tariffs looming, we highly doubt it. The only EV that Daimler offered in the US is the Smart Fourtwo, but that model and brand will be departing the US for China after 2019.  

• By Drew Dowdell
      Infiniti today released a teaser image of an upcoming crossover coupe due to be shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance this year.  The QX55 will slot between the QX50 and QX60 in the lineup but will borrow heavily from the QX50 platform.  Not much is known about the crossover except that it will likely be a front-wheel drive based vehicle and feature Infiniti's new 2.0 liter variable compression engine. 
      Infiniti says the QX55 will be in dealerships in Summer of 2020.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Infiniti today released a teaser image of an upcoming crossover coupe due to be shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance this year.  The QX55 will slot between the QX50 and QX60 in the lineup but will borrow heavily from the QX50 platform.  Not much is known about the crossover except that it will likely be a front-wheel drive based vehicle and feature Infiniti's new 2.0 liter variable compression engine. 
      Infiniti says the QX55 will be in dealerships in Summer of 2020.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Ford is acknowledging the trouble prone Ford Powershift transmission and is extending the warranties on them.  The 6-speed transmission is a dual clutch setup meant to increase fuel economy in Ford's smallest cars.  While a solid idea on paper, customers reported a number of problems with them including slippage, hesitations while accelerating, jerkiness through the gears, difficulty downshifting, and premature wear on the clutch packs. 
      The extended warranty will cover 2014 - 2016 model year Ford Focus, and 2014 - 2015 model year Ford Fiesta and will increase the warranty coverage of the clutch from five years/60,000 miles to seven years/100,000 miles.  Ford will also reimburse customers in this group who have already paid for clutch repairs out of pockets.  The transmission control module will also be warrantied to 10 years/150,000 miles. 
      In addition to that, there is a small group of customers (16%) who need a software update which Ford will provide for free. 
      Affected customers will receive a letter from Ford with instructions on how to proceed.

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook