Drew Dowdell

Ford News: Ford's Mustang Inspired EV Crossover to Have 370 Mile Range

Ford revealed during a debut event for its European electrified models that the as-yet-unnamed Mustang inspired electrified crossover will have a range of 370 miles when it arrives in 2020, but those are using the WTLP cycle, and the EPA range rating could be lower.  Ford has previously stated they were targeting a range of 300 miles, so a good guess for the EPA range would be somewhere between those two numbers.  Ford has recently trademarked the name "Mach-E" and "Mustang Mach-E". Could this be a name for this new EV crossover? Time will tell. 

Earlier in 2019, Ford stated that all future vehicle will have an electrified version, something borne out by yesterdays unveiling of the 2020 Ford Escape with two hybrid variants. 

Ford Puma Teaser.jpgFord also teased us with the Puma, a compact crossover set to slot between the Ecosport and Kuga, the Euro version of the Escape.  The Puma uses a 48-volt batter and a belt-alternator-starter system mated to a 1.0 liter 3-cylinder EcoBoost engine. No word yet if the Puma will make it to the U.S., but with pint-sized crossovers selling so well in the U.S., we'd not be surprised to see it here in the near future. (Click image to enlarge)

View full article

Excited for the EV range, could a new Ford be in my future? 🤔

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, dfelt said:

Excited for the EV range, could a new Ford be in my future? 🤔

I doubt  it will be in your desired XXL size

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ykX said:

I doubt  it will be in your desired XXL size

They don't make them in Shrek size.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Since I have gone to daily workouts starting last September, I have dropped 30lbs and 4 inches around the waist. :D Course muscle mass is growing so I do not expect to drop below my current 270lbs.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

A car, pickup, or SUV with a extended height greenhouse ala the farm truck in the Big Bird movie would fit him..;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

A car, pickup, or SUV with a extended height greenhouse ala the farm truck in the Big Bird movie would fit him..;)

Like this?

gettyimages-489649700.jpg?itok=KhORZ0gu&

• Haha 2

Yes, something like that..every time dfelt mentions not fitting in a vehicle I think of an old 70s car ad or something that had a NBA player driving a VW beetle from the backseat (front seat removed)...

• Upvote 1

Yes, something like that..every time dfelt mentions not fitting in a vehicle I think of an old 70s car ad or something that had a NBA player driving a VW beetle from the backseat (front seat removed)...

Marcin Gortat in a Mini

image.png.9e7be8a489a07b011af65c67acd371aa.png

• Haha 2

I found a bunch of print ads w/ Wilt Chamberlain for the VW Beetle and Rabbit, but it looks like he's using the normal driver's seat...

1 hour ago, frogger said:

Marcin Gortat in a Mini

image.png.9e7be8a489a07b011af65c67acd371aa.png

You found my alter ego! :P 

I found a bunch of print ads w/ Wilt Chamberlain for the VW Beetle and Rabbit, but it looks like he's using the normal driver's seat...

Here is my cousin! ;) :P

See the source image

Me trying to get into a little car.

See the source image

• Haha 1

Saved the environment and ate it too

t_6VvZ.gif

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      As we wrote late last month, the Jaguar XJ is about to use up one of its nine lives. The big cat gets euthanized next month without a direct replacement ready for market.  However, we also told you that the cat will be back, possibly as an electric vehicle next time.  At an investor meeting Jaguar confirmed that to be true.
      Jaguar is working on a new Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA) platform for use under the next XJ and for the next Range Rover.  The flexible platform is capable of being used in electric, plug-in hybrid, or mild-hybrid configurations.  It is also being designed to be very light weight, eventually to be used to replace all five of the platforms that Jaguar Land Rover uses.  Jaguar Land Rover hopes to increase profits by reducing the number of architectures.  Jaguar does plan to continue to develop the I-Pace platform which is unrelated to MLA.
      The XJ's direct replacement will launch first as a electric model with a predicted range of 292 miles using a 90.2 kWh battery. Later, 6-cylinder models (likely the new inline-6 recently shown in Range Rover) will become available.  The 292 mile range in the XJ would rival the Tesla Model S and Porsche Taycan.
      For those who prefer a plug-in hybrid, the MLA platform will use a 13.1 kWh battery giving an estimated EV range of about 31 miles. Mild-Hybrid versions get a belt-alternator-starter setup to give a small electric boost at start.
      Also on the MLA platform will be the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. Both names currently offer plug-in hybrid versions, but the new MLA platform could enable the Range Rover to be available in an all electric version.  Land Rover has not yet confirmed this to be the case.   The Range Rover would come first with the Sport following close behind in 2021.
      All of this comes in the background of huge job cuts at Jaguar after a record $4.6 billion loss.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      As we wrote late last month, the Jaguar XJ is about to use up one of its nine lives. The big cat gets euthanized next month without a direct replacement ready for market.  However, we also told you that the cat will be back, possibly as an electric vehicle next time.  At an investor meeting Jaguar confirmed that to be true.
      Jaguar is working on a new Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA) platform for use under the next XJ and for the next Range Rover.  The flexible platform is capable of being used in electric, plug-in hybrid, or mild-hybrid configurations.  It is also being designed to be very light weight, eventually to be used to replace all five of the platforms that Jaguar Land Rover uses.  Jaguar Land Rover hopes to increase profits by reducing the number of architectures.  Jaguar does plan to continue to develop the I-Pace platform which is unrelated to MLA.
      The XJ's direct replacement will launch first as a electric model with a predicted range of 292 miles using a 90.2 kWh battery. Later, 6-cylinder models (likely the new inline-6 recently shown in Range Rover) will become available.  The 292 mile range in the XJ would rival the Tesla Model S and Porsche Taycan.
      For those who prefer a plug-in hybrid, the MLA platform will use a 13.1 kWh battery giving an estimated EV range of about 31 miles. Mild-Hybrid versions get a belt-alternator-starter setup to give a small electric boost at start.
      Also on the MLA platform will be the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. Both names currently offer plug-in hybrid versions, but the new MLA platform could enable the Range Rover to be available in an all electric version.  Land Rover has not yet confirmed this to be the case.   The Range Rover would come first with the Sport following close behind in 2021.
      All of this comes in the background of huge job cuts at Jaguar after a record $4.6 billion loss.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      In Delhi, India today Kia has taken the wraps off their tiny SUV calling it the Seltos.  While this model signals Kia's entry into the Indian market, it is highly likely that the Seltos will be sold in the U.S.  Kia is planning a massive launch in India with the most dealerships ever seen for a new brand entry.  
      The Seltos is essentially a production version of the Kia SP Signature Concept that debuted in March of 2019. While it is a small crossover, the Seltos design affords a sporty look with a relatively long hood and strong character lines. LED lights surround the exterior. In the Indian market, the Seltos comes with 16", 17", or 18" wheels, however the US market model may skip the base 16" wheels. 
      Depending on the market (read: the U.S. isn't getting the diesel), the Seltos is powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder making about 175 horsepower, a 2.0 liter naturally aspirated 4-cylinder making 147 horsepower, or a 1.6 liter diesel with 134 horsepower. Transmission choices are a 7-speed dual clutch, a 6-speed auto, or a CVT.   The driver can select different powertrain modes of normal, ECO, and Sport. 
      Inside the Kia's UVO infotainment system is there with a 10.25 inch screen that feature split screen ability to display up to 3 different applications on the screen at the same time. Unfortunately, we don't have any images of the interior yet. But it does come with a "Sound Mood Lighting" option with 6 themes and 8 colors that synchronizes to the beat of the music. 
      The Kia Seltos will be built in India and Korea.

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook