Drew Dowdell

2020 Hyundai Sonata Unveiled in New York: Comments

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

I understand how it and torque work.  You usually back the NA V6 with less torque than the 2.0T when Cadillac used to have those 2.  If the 1.6T is better drivability then just make the standard engine.  I am not arguing one is better than the other, I just think it senseless to offer 2 engines so close in power output.

You're mixing things up.  I prefer larger displacement engines to small ones of similar output.  5-10 lbft here and there don't really matter.

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You're mixing things up.  I prefer larger displacement engines to small ones of similar output.  5-10 lbft here and there don't really matter.

Well this is 2.5 liter vs 1.6.  I just don’t see why they didn’t pick one and run with it, hybrid as an option and N line as an option.  3 choices in a Sonata is enough.

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

Well this is 2.5 liter vs 1.6.  I just don’t see why they didn’t pick one and run with it, hybrid as an option and N line as an option.  3 choices in a Sonata is enough.

You have a point there.