42 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

When looking for a crossover or SUV on Chevrolet.com, here are your options. Funny how there is no Bolt on there. 

When you look at "cars" what is listed there? It isn't the Bolt either.. 

You just two keep reinforcing that this is a mix match of neither true car nor CUV...

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

anyway.... back to the CT5

I'm interested to see this thing with the 3.0TT. Nearly diesel-like hp/tq ratio. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Exactly why I feel the coupe things is so over done. 4 door sedans need a proper trunk look and not the jellybean with no trunk look.

The fastback roofline and short trunk is supposedly for aerodynamics...or it's part of a vast product marketing conspiracy to minimize trunk size and get more people into CUVs/SUVs... ;)

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, frogger said:

Based on the specs, it might have the smallest trunk out of any new sedan in the NA market.  To get smaller you might have to get a Camaro or convertible.

I think that’s my main problem with the CT5 as well. The short deck lid makes it look like the back end was cut off (especially when viewing the profile). The front end is spot on and I dig it 100% but it kind of falls off when you reach the back. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This is how you do the coupe styling on a sedan. 

CLS.jpg

CLS2.jpg

While the coupe style has been a mixed bag for me, I have always liked the CLS. Don’t know why but it pulls off the coupe look nicely. The one driven in “Ray Donovan” is super nice. 

E0623D44-E7E5-4428-8C1D-CF987E74CEB0.jpeg

Edited by surreal1272
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The first CLS is still one of the sexiest sedans ever, IMO...love that shape..and 2nd gen is beautiful also..the 3rd gen looks great also...It doesn't look good in some colors like the stupid matte colors or so-predictable and beyond lame white w/ black wheels (can the damn white w/ black wheels fad please end??) but in brown is stunning. I love the arched roofline and low windows of all 3 windows.

1200px-Mercedes-Benz_CLS_350d_IMG_0901.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm interested to see this thing with the 3.0TT. Nearly diesel-like hp/tq ratio. 

I'm wondering what they did to drop the HP that much. If it lowers when the torque comes on and fattens the torque curve, I'm all for it.  I was very pleased with the 400/400 in the CT6. 

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

When you look at "cars" what is listed there? It isn't the Bolt either.. 

You just two keep reinforcing that this is a mix match of neither true car nor CUV...

It was meant as tongue in cheek ccap. I have already stated that going to the Bolt page shows that it is referred to as a “car” and not an “SUV” or “CUV”. Going to the Trax page refers to it as an SUV. 

11 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

While the coupe style has been a mixed bag for me, I have always liked the CLS. Don’t know why but it pulls off the coupe look nicely. The one driven in “Ray Donovan” is super nice. 

E0623D44-E7E5-4428-8C1D-CF987E74CEB0.jpeg

There aren't a whole lot of vehicles where I prefer the older generations but the CLS looks best in its first generation, then second and the newest seems to be less CLS-like to me. ..I think there are only three generations..lol 

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm wondering what they did to drop the HP that much. If it lowers when the torque comes on and fattens the torque curve, I'm all for it.  I was very pleased with the 400/400 in the CT6. 

I don't know a whole lot about the technical stuff but I would assume they lowered and fattened the torque curve as well along with reduced lag. 

It's probably a blast to daily drive with those numbers. 

• Upvote 2

One other car that I thought pulls off the 4dr coupe look well is the BMW 6 series Gran Coupe, esp. in M6 trim.   Sleeker than the 5 series.

2014-bmw-m6-gran-coupe-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-522741-s-original.jpg

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

There aren't a whole lot of vehicles where I prefer the older generations but the CLS looks best in its first generation, then second and the newest seems to be less CLS-like to me. ..I think there are only three generations..lol 

I don't know a whole lot about the technical stuff but I would assume they lowered and fattened the torque curve as well along with reduced lag. 

It's probably a blast to daily drive with those numbers. 

I can agree with that. The 1st gen is probably the looking one overall but I like the nose (especially the headlamp design) of the 2nd gen better than the 1st. You can pick up a 1st gen at a pretty decent price and I’d be curious to have one if it weren’t for the ever so high maintenance costs of them. 

48 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

anyway.... back to the CT5

I am really interested in the new Nav system and how it responds, review comparisons to the German and Asians. Should be interesting along with the thoughts on the interior room and material quality.

They should have made the CT5 a true 4 door sedan and then shocked everyone by showing off a true coupe like this.

See the source image

Or at least if not using that cool name called it an Eldorado.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I am really interested in the new Nav system and how it responds, review comparisons to the German and Asians. Should be interesting along with the thoughts on the interior room and material quality.

They should have made the CT5 a true 4 door sedan and then shocked everyone by showing off a true coupe like this.

See the source image

Or at least if not using that cool name called it an Eldorado.

Aside from a few screens that say Cadillac. It is pretty much identical to the system in the GMC terrain, except there is also a control knob you can use instead of a touch screen. Touch screen is still there, but you have options.

If you want to play with it, just visit any GMC dealer.

• Thanks 1

Lets just hope Cadillac NEVER does this Ugly Mess again from the late 70's to early 80's of the Cadillac Seville Uglies:

See the source image

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I think that’s my main problem with the CT5 as well. The short deck lid makes it look like the back end was cut off (especially when viewing the profile). The front end is spot on and I dig it 100% but it kind of falls off when you reach the back. 

I feel like if the trunk wasn't hot wheels sized and was more proportional to the rest of the car it might end up nearly as long as a CT6, but then I much prefer the CT6 style, probably the best A&S design to me (and the last?).

As far as "coupe" style sedans, the CLS was always nice to me but in current times I prefer a real coupe like the E400.

8 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Lets just hope Cadillac NEVER does this Ugly Mess again from the late 70's to early 80's of the Cadillac Seville Uglies:

See the source image

:banned::banned::banned::banned::banned::banned::banned::banned::banned:

That is one of the best looking luxury cars of the 1980s! Few, if any, have that kind of gravitas.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Original 'coupe-sedan' ? 

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 2.05.56 PM.png

Nope. Go back 2 more years.

cars-oldsmobile-aurora-1998-135498.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

I can agree with that. The 1st gen is probably the looking one overall but I like the nose (especially the headlamp design) of the 2nd gen better than the 1st. You can pick up a 1st gen at a pretty decent price and I’d be curious to have one if it weren’t for the ever so high maintenance costs of them. 

The *better* looking one... (is what that should say). 

32 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Nope. Go back 2 more years.

cars-oldsmobile-aurora-1998-135498.jpg

The Aurora was a sharp looking ride back in the day. 

• Upvote 1

That '96 Taurus was dreadful..Ford wanted to make everything an oval..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

One other car that I thought pulls off the 4dr coupe look well is the BMW 6 series Gran Coupe, esp. in M6 trim.   Sleeker than the 5 series.

2014-bmw-m6-gran-coupe-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-522741-s-original.jpg

It doesn't do it for me like the CLS has. The only other one to pull it off, IMO, is the Audi 7's. 

S7.jpg

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Completely agree. I actually just looked at Autotrader for them to see what they cost and you're still spending the better part of 20k for a pretty high mileage German car.. Not a situation I would like to be in for that amount of cash. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It doesn't do it for me like the CLS has. The only other one to pull it off, IMO, is the Audi 7's. 

S7.jpg

Completely agree. I actually just looked at Autotrader for them to see what they cost and you're still spending the better part of 20k for a pretty high mileage German car.. Not a situation I would like to be in for that amount of cash. 

Now it does depend on the year with those. Here, the 1st gen models go up to $15K (until you get to 2011) and those tend to be the 550/AMG varieties. The mileage is a killer though because you know that after 100K, German cars start forcing themselves into your bank account with your money screaming “#METOO”! Very much unwanted for most folks. 

6 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Original (and only) 4-door coupe- the floral coach coupe ~ 

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 3.24.45 PM.png

Nice and rare. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Now it does depend on the year with those. Here, the 1st gen models go up to $15K (until you get to 2011) and those tend to be the 550/AMG varieties. The mileage is a killer though because you know that after 100K, German cars start forcing themselves into your bank account with your money screaming “#METOO”! Very much unwanted for most folks. 

LOL So. Damn. True. 

• Upvote 2