GT500:An overpriced pony not living up to the hype

Well, if this doesn't solidify the fact that the GT500 is a porky, underperforming "performance" car, I don't know what does:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83159

4130lbs (and it's not even the convert!), 56/44 weight distribution, 1/4 mile in 13.1 and $47k+ does not seem to appealing to me. A 2006 GTO with a good driver and a couple simple bolt-ons will beat the GT500 for $15k less, and that's before dealer markups.

And what's the point of having 500HP if it's made at redline? :stupid: Unless the fuel cut-off is well above redline, the 500HP is only available for a very short time.

Guest Josh

I bet man. It sounded nice before a few of my buddies used to comment on it. My one boy who owns an '98 SS silver really digged your car.

Yout got a nice ride there and now a nice girl from what I've read lol take care man I am heading to bed

Wow, really? It sounded alright before.. I was really happy with it. But.. now it grumbles.. and you can really hear it lol. :)

I was going to stop in the looks department, but I still think an SS spoiler is in my future..

If GM keeps the weight of the Camaro down to 3500, or even 3600 or 3700, they should have no trouble demolishing this thing.

If GM keeps the weight of the Camaro down to 3500, or even 3600 or 3700, they should have no trouble demolishing this thing.

The Camaro won't be out until 2010! Everything will change by then. I hope GM is not benchmarking the current GT500 to beat in 4 years.

The Camaro won't be out until 2010!  Everything will change by then.  I hope GM is not benchmarking the current GT500 to beat in 4 years.

if by 2010 you mean 2008... for MY 2009... then your correct... if not... then your highly misinformed my friend...

and another thing... if they benchmark the GT500 to beat in 4 years... they'll be beating the same car 4 years from now... its really not gunna improve that much...

if by 2010 you mean 2008... for MY 2009... then your correct... if not... then your highly misinformed my friend...

and another thing... if they benchmark the GT500 to beat in 4 years... they'll be beating the same car 4 years from now... its really not gunna improve that much...

lol yea, the 03-04 cobras were faster then that...

What do you expect from Carroll Shelby? Even the original era of Shelbys had become overpriced crap by '69, with better, cheaper offerings coming from Ford in-house.

The '03-'04 Cobras were pigs, but at least they were pigs done right.

Camaro SS got 13.3 in 2002. The GT500 doesn't even need to be benchmarked.

but they still have seen stock times in the high 12's

i know a guy whos only got a few bolt ons and hes running 12.19

and GTO's are running 13.0 with only 400 hp... the corvette is running 12.8's...

the GTO being a goat, and a pig still is a better pig then the GT500 i guess

Ford is only good for ONE thing at this point as far as

I'm concerned... BOF cars with V8s.

The Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis & Town Car are

cars that bring joy to my heart. I'm very happy to

see them still being produced and hope they get a

new lease on life since it's about 10 years overdue.

That being said I'd take a not-so-great Cobra over

any and all Japanese sport coupes, only the 350z,

Infiniti G35 & RX-8 come close to the value/$.

You might want to check your GM dream machine (2008 is dreamin')as 2010 is the correct year for the new Camaro. GM is a little slow on the uptake these days and it will take them at least 3-4 years when they finally do go ahead

Here is a link to Camaro announcement for 2010 http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...wtopic=9197&hl=

You might want to check your GM dream machine (2008 is dreamin')as 2010 is the correct year for the new Camaro.  GM is a little slow on the uptake these days and it will take them at least 3-4 years when they finally do go ahead

Here is a link to Camaro announcement for 2010 http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...wtopic=9197&hl=

Sorry, dude, but you're dumb. Just because it's approved for 2010 doesn't mean $h!. GM can ALWAYS move it forward or back and everybody knows they'd be stupid to not move it forward.

I mean.. seriously, they already have a pre-production model out starring in a movie!

Sorry, dude, but you're dumb. Just because it's approved for 2010 doesn't mean $h!. GM can ALWAYS move it forward or back and everybody knows they'd be stupid to not move it forward.

I mean.. seriously, they already have a pre-production model out starring in a movie!

What is the matter with you? GM has not committed to moving anything forward on the Camaro! If you want to live your life in the spin cycle fine but we can all see there is no hope for a Camaro before 2010.

alright first of all... i said model year 2009... so september 2008...

an otherwise... thats besides the point... the cobra will not get much better... if at all... in the 4 years before the camaro z28 comes out and destroys it... probably for less money... like mid to high 30s... so GM can benchmark the cobra all they want... it wont make much of a difference

and by the way... just because GM hasnt commited to moving anything forward... doesnt mean they wont... why are you so negative?