2008 Camaro?

Some interesting rumours. For those who don't know, there's a live action Transformers movie being shot righ now, for release in the July 4th 2007. Apparently, GM will be a big sponsor.

Here's some interesting bit of info gathered at the current location:

"Hey, I work out here at Holloman AFB, in New Mexico. The Transformers movie started filming here last week. Some slight spoilers Bumblebee is going to start out as a 1970's Camaro, get really f-ed up, then be rebuilt as a 2008 Camaro."

Yes. 2008 Camaro.

While I think that would be awsome if true... Why BumbleBee? I know he is the Transformer that befriends Spike and is usualy the "main" character in the human interaction realm, but he was called BumbleBee because he was a yellow beetle and never really thought of as "cool" like a Camaro would be. Unless they stick him as a butternut yellow Berlinetta and when he gets revamped his personality changes.

Eugh... I'm not looking forward to this movie. I don't like Hollywood's record of reviving old TV shows., especially cartoons. Sad, because I have the original cartoon movie and the Playstation 2 game. I'm not their biggest fan, but a fan nonetheless.

Picking the Camaro to be Bumblebee would be dumb... the fanboys would have a field day. Bumblebee was the VW Beetle with such a happy disposition, and didn't have much of a mean streak. Hell, Optimus Prime was the all out good guy, but when he had to, he kicked ass.

Bumblebee, well, he never seemed to succed in his mission to destroy Starscream...

Do we want the Camaro to be a goody two shoes who prefers talk over battle and fails at his directive?... I don't... (the producers should save that part for the Mustang)

:rolleyes:

Awww-fu*%ing-sum!

TR@N$FoRm#Rs.... RoBoTs iN D1Su!$e :P

Seriously I think this is great, the more exposure the better.

I need to go take a cold shower. :o

Posted Image

Am I the only one seeing the Saleen license plate on the back of the Camaro!?! I know that Roush has done some Pontiacs, is this perhaps a glimpse of the future? Also on that interior shot the gauges look like they have some GTO on em, they look like they went for the colormatch, maybe this is a look at a more near to production Camaro interior? :idhitit:

I got to ride in one of the 05 Saleen 3 valves, pretty neat car. Looks like it is gonna be a sweet movie.

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edited by c0ld_phuz10n

One of the pictures posted in that link by Supremus looks through the drivers side window.

Here is the link look most of the way down the page, you can see the Saleen plate on there too.

After taking another look at it, it looks like they still have the "deep dish" gauge frame in the dash, but there are different gauges behind there, and it doesnt look like it really line up.

Cool pics either way, it looks pretty sweet in yellow.

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edit: ZOMG double post

Edited by c0ld_phuz10n

Call me a traditionalist, but I would have rather seen Bumblebee remain a Beetle. There are several Autobot who could have been reimagined as a Camaro. Even then, I would have prefer a third gen over a second gen given the Transformer's 80's heritage.

On the other hand, I don't think Hasbro requested permission from VW for the orginal Bumblebee are not in favor of having thier vehicles depicted in a militaristic manner. Something about Germany trying to take over the world a couple decades back.

Anyone note a more production like head light over the silver car?

Posted Image

This may still be a mock up but it is in a more production form over the silver car I saw in Feb.

Does anyone know where the red car is right now?

Also note a more production like tire on the car.

Posted Image

Edited by hyperv6

They are two different headlights and the gold one looks more production.

I have seen posted that some claim it is a Mustang under a fiberglass shell. Well it may be fiberglass but I can promise you ther is not a Ford under the shell. GM may make some bad moves but they are not that dumb to put the competitors car under it new cars body for a mock up.

As long as the production Camaro is a hardtop

I don;t care if they put in Fast & Furrious XVII.