Lexus News: Lexus GX 460 Gets a Face..... Lift?

That 4.6 that makes 301hp also requires 91 octane. What a joke of a vehicle. 

Do you want horsepower?!?

Do you want torque?!?

Do you want remotely "okay" fuel economy?!?

YOU GET NONE OF THOSE AND YOU GET THE LUXURY OF PAYING AN EXTRA $0.60/GALLON, TOO! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

That 4.6 that makes 301hp also requires 91 octane. What a joke of a vehicle. 

Do you want horsepower?!?

Do you want torque?!?

Do you want remotely "okay" fuel economy?!?

YOU GET NONE OF THOSE AND YOU GET THE LUXURY OF PAYING AN EXTRA $0.60/GALLON, TOO! 

That horse is pretty dead right now. Perhaps you should stop beating it. We get it. 

Meanwhile the entry level four banger on the 255 HP 2020 GLE also requires premium but shhhhh...we don’t talk about that. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1

Not only do you get almost 30%(16mpg vs 22mpg) better fuel economy in the GLE, I would wager money that it's quicker than grampy's mobile. If you so choose(because there's an option) the GLE450 you get 21mpg combined. 

That's what is called a "Win, Win". 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Not only do you get almost 30%(16mpg vs 22mpg) better fuel economy in the GLE, I would wager money that it's quicker than grampy's mobile. If you so choose(because there's an option) the GLE450 you get 21mpg combined. 

That's what is called a "Win, Win". 

Then knock yourself out. When the GX gets to 100K miles on (which is barely broken in) I’ll be sure to find you at the nearest Benz service center where it will spend most of its time and your money. How’s that gas savings working out now (and this is factoring the minimum $4K extra starting price of the four banger GLE vs. the GX)?

in other words “win win” is a subjective term here which is something you clearly don’t get. 

Edited by surreal1272

4 hours ago, Potluck said:

It's funny how the guy who can't stop talking about the g-wagon is complaining that the GX is old. it took benz 20 years to update that old military vehicle into something approaching luxury.

They never let an engine go that long or be underpowered for the time.

3 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

That horse is pretty dead right now. Perhaps you should stop beating it. We get it. 

Meanwhile the entry level four banger on the 255 HP 2020 GLE also requires premium but shhhhh...we don’t talk about that. 

But it isn't 4.6 liters to get 255 hp. 

13 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Then knock yourself out. When the GX gets to 100K miles on (which is barely broken in) I’ll be sure to find you at the nearest Benz service center where it will spend most of its time and your money. How’s that gas savings working out now (and this is factoring the minimum $4K extra starting price of the four banger GLE vs. the GX)?

in other words “win win” is a subjective term here which is something you clearly don’t get. 

Cadillac should just kill the XT6 now, no way they can compete with the GX460.  And the Lincoln Aviator is DOA, that 400+ hp hybrid deal they got going on is no match for the Lexus V8.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

They never let an engine go that long or be underpowered for the time.

But it isn't 4.6 liters to get 255 hp. 

Cadillac should just kill the XT6 now, no way they can compete with the GX460.  And the Lincoln Aviator is DOA, that 400+ hp hybrid deal they got going on is no match for the Lexus V8.

And missing the point completely as this is not about the XT6. The funny part is that you rag on the XT6 to me like I’m going to get offended while neglecting to remember that I don’t care for the XT6 at all. I stated this on the very first article on C&G regarding that mess. Your attempt to troll on that is a huge fail. 

And so what about the 4.6L Lexus vs. that high strung four banger. I sure as hell know which one is more reliable and cheaper to maintain over the long run. 

Btw, since we are on the ancient powertrain bandwagon, the 2007 298 HP G-Class had a 0-60 time 7.9 seconds while 2007 GX ran it in 7.5 and that’s while costing twice the money. Go ahead and bring up the even rarer AMG but the stock model was ancient as hell and every bit as ancient as the GX is today.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1