Quick Drive: 2020 Kia Telluride SX AWD

Truly, again, the real world impressive...sounds, feels, look...

https://youtu.be/rmm8fjOiMCs

I followed a new red XT6 with dealer plates from NYC Friday night...holy meh...on road, it's bland even vs. an Acadia. Let alone the core, and internals.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Paolino said:

I wish GM could do plood like this... and update their 8" infotainment screens to something a little larger perhaps.

Maybe GM needs better suppliers and better and more forward thinking in their cars and CUVs.

33 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

better suppliers

?  How is the supplier relevant, when the supplier builds to the manufacturer's specifications.  To the "T".  Dana comes to mind.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, riviera74 said:

Given that the Cadillac XT5 just had a mid-cycle upgrade for 2020, where is the upgrade for the Traverse/Enclave/Acadia?

Acadia just got an update for the exterior. The interior is mostly carryover except for the shifter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The guy said "real answer". 

The Enclave is pretty luxurious, and if you don't care about automatic cruise control, it's pretty on par.  Similar statement applies to the Traverse, especially in High Country form.

Over at the online order guide... the 2020 Acadia AT4 has the very same ground clearance as the rest of the trim levels, and reaches the very same overall height.  Bummed.  It's not even on par with the FWD-based Jeep Trailhawks in that regard... at least they have a tiny bit of extra height and clearance for bragging purposes.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

Over at the online order guide... the 2020 Acadia AT4 has the very same ground clearance as the rest of the trim levels, and reaches the very same overall height.  Bummed.  It's not even on par with the FWD-based Jeep Trailhawks in that regard... at least they have a tiny bit of extra height and clearance for bragging purposes.

That really sucks, this is the one time with the AT4 that GM should be making a noticeable difference and at least be a couple inches of more ground clearance.

Thanks for keeping us informed, that is good to know and also shows why people will continue to go with the Trailhawk over the AT4. Stupid penny pinching mgmt.

Speaking of GMC, there had been a rumor of a GMC 'Jimmy' BOF RWD/AWD SUV based on the next Colorado platform, but I saw an article that it's a no-go, so sounds like GMC will stick w/ the transverse engine AWD platforms for their CUVs.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, Robert Hall said:

Speaking of GMC, there had been a rumor of a GMC 'Jimmy' BOF RWD/AWD SUV based on the next Colorado platform, but I saw an article that it's a no-go, so sounds like GMC will stick w/ the transverse engine AWD platforms for their CUVs.

That's partially because the next generation Colorado platform has been pushed way back. They're just going to refresh the current one and run it another 5-7 years. 

Seems our favorite CUV of late is being 100% recalled due to an incorrect restraint assembly being installed wrong.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/08/kia-recalls-basically-every-telluride-sold-in-america/

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Seems our favorite CUV of late is being 100% recalled due to an incorrect restraint assembly being installed wrong.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/08/kia-recalls-basically-every-telluride-sold-in-america/

It looks like it is only related to child seats. 

East fix. Not a worry, and a common recall.

The antithesis of Honda (or others) that will never recall anything...but keep doing bulletins..."if the transmission keeps failing...do this...but don't report it".

Seatbelt thing. Good. Handled. Recalls aren't bad, it means "oops. Stop. Fix it"

Seeing more of these out. Most dealers only have 0-2 though, so that's also good. If you want it, you order it and make a deal. Not 100 sitting everywhere. Good.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, ocnblu said:

Look how much nicer finished the Kia Sorento load area is, compared to the Acadia.  GM, WTH has happened to you?

8-2017-kia-sorento-213-ms-1535564116.jpg

9-2017-gmc-acadia-151-cdams-1535564115.jpg

Slacker UAW union workers is what has happened, no pride in workmanship even though generously paid by GM.

• Agree 2

On 8/5/2019 at 11:57 AM, Drew Dowdell said:

The Enclave is pretty luxurious, and if you don't care about automatic cruise control, it's pretty on par.  Similar statement applies to the Traverse, especially in High Country form.

It's a Kia you guys, they don't hold up. They always steal styling inside and out from other makes and models. Mini Escalade or old SRX wagon look and Cadillac vertical taillights, really Kia? Some Audi and BMW cues here and there as well. I agree with others, ugly on the road and not going to age well. 

20 minutes ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

It's a Kia you guys, they don't hold up. They always steal styling inside and out from other makes and models. Mini Escalade or old SRX wagon look and Cadillac vertical taillights, really Kia? Some Audi and BMW cues here and there as well. I agree with others, ugly on the road and not going to age well. 

I wonder how long a KIA holds up after 5-8 years.  Does anyone have pics of a 2010 KIA that looks (almost) as good as new?

1 minute ago, riviera74 said:

I wonder how long a KIA holds up after 5-8 years.  Does anyone have pics of a 2010 KIA that looks (almost) as good as new?

I'll go to my local junk yard to see.

Edited by USA-1 Vortec 6.2
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

I own the 2019 GMC Acadia Denali. I love it! I owned a Kia in the early 2000’s. It was an Optima. Worst car ever after 3 years everything started to break down. The optima looked nice and offered more for the cheaper price. I wonder in the long run if these would hold up with the wear and tear after it hits 60’000 miles?! So let’s see after folks have owned these Tellurides for a few years if they will still praise it or will they be trading them in for a different brand of car?! Just saying I have always owned within the GMC Chevy family and never had any issues! I only downsized because with my teens driving I didn’t need the big SUV!