Drew Dowdell

Chevrolet News:Camaro to Die - Again

3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

CAFE can be an issue too as cars and trucks have different standards.   Something like a Sonic can have a tiny engine and get good MPG, the Malibu has a 1.5 liter and they can sell Malibu hybrids that get a big number.  But performance cars aren't CAFE agreeable unless they have electrification which drives up the price.  And GM brass probably figures it is easier to just sell Equinoxes.  

The Impala outsold the Camaro last year and they are ready to drop the Impala like a sack of dirt, so I wouldn't be surprised at all for the Camaro to suffer the same fate.

Another reason CAFE needs to be repealed.  Let drivers buy what they want.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, dfelt said:

Yet Dodge is teasing us on what is clearly a Wide Body AWD SRT Hellcat! 

Hello GM you listening to what the Competition is doing?

Sadly, no. They just hear Wall Street wants a stock increase.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

3 and 6 years is pretty common for just about every car out there. GM did that the last time with the Camaro (in the 90s). They kept the same car for over a decade with one mid cycle refresh and let it wither on the vine. 10 or even 8 years is too long. Also, two extra years to “iron out” reliability would be a weak excuse for car makers. Besides, the Camaro is actually a pretty reliable car (something that could not be said back in the 90s). Going as long as you suggest would kill the car even faster than it is being killed now (again, refer to the 90s Camaro)

I'm not JUST talking about the Camaro. Everything gets redone in 3 and 6 years.

It isn't to just iron out reliability. It would be to simply make more money and become more stable as a company.

The Charger and Challenger don't seem to mind being a decade old. The Challenger continues to outsell the Camaro. 

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm not JUST talking about the Camaro. Everything gets redone in 3 and 6 years.

It isn't to just iron out reliability. It would be to simply make more money and become more stable as a company.

The Charger and Challenger don't seem to mind being a decade old. The Challenger continues to outsell the Camaro. 

More glass and lower prices help that a lot.  Time to rethink the Camaro again.

• Upvote 1

Camaro dead?

Not dead?

New Camaro held back?

Until 2023? or whenever?

This is what it reminded me of:

Hopes and dreams...ironically in the same timeline.

But in reality, its bad news for Camaro guys (and enthusiasts in general)  as saying that a new Camaro is just being shelved for now, to me at least, means...yeah...say good bye, because she is done if there is no reversal for the love for a Camaro because we at GM, have no real enthusiasm in spending for a new platform....hell, we dont even want to commit in utilizing the upgraded Alpha platform that will underpin the new Cadillac CT4 and CT5 for a new Camaro that we ALREADY invested in for Cadillac's low selling sedans...we wont even attempt in squeezing out a tad more sales through Camaro...because we deem even that to be not worth it... 

Like the Tampa Bay Rays, this "shared" agreement between two cities just means to the Tampa Bay area citizens, yeah...your beloved Rays are gonna be in Tampa and in Montreal for a couple of years and when its officially official that Montrealers are truly commited to a baseball team....say goodbye. Because also... we dont really trust Montreal  either...so...the Rays could even end up in Las Vegas or something...

Eerily the same message I get from both news...that are now 2 weeks old. 

12 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Camaro dead?

Not dead?

New Camaro held back?

Until 2023? or whenever?

This is what it reminded me of:

Hopes and dreams...ironically in the same timeline.

But in reality, its bad news for Camaro guys (and enthusiasts in general)  as saying that a new Camaro is just being shelved for now, to me at least, means...yeah...say good bye, because she is done if there is no reversal for the love for a Camaro because we at GM, have no real enthusiasm in spending for a new platform....hell, we dont even want to commit in utilizing the upgraded Alpha platform that will underpin the new Cadillac CT4 and CT5 for a new Camaro that we ALREADY invested in for Cadillac's low selling sedans...we wont even attempt in squeezing out a tad more sales through Camaro...because we deem even that to be not worth it... 

Like the Tampa Bay Rays, this "shared" agreement between two cities just means to the Tampa Bay area citizens, yeah...your beloved Rays are gonna be in Tampa and in Montreal for a couple of years and when its officially official that Montrealers are truly commited to a baseball team....say goodbye. Because also... we dont really trust Montreal  either...so...the Rays could even end up in Las Vegas or something...

Eerily the same message I get from both news...that are now 2 weeks old. 

If the Rays end up in Montreal, that may not be a big a deal as you might surmise.  NOW, the Buccaneers leaving town would be a true shocker.