Jump to content
Create New...

True No Hands Driving! 2019 Cadillac CT6 Super Cruise


NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

@Drew Dowdell, you deserve a Cadillac after going 54mph on the interstate. 🤣

Note that in SuperCruise mode, you only go as fast as the car in front of you.  So in heavy traffic, it matches the flow around you. Plus... hey, I was filming and "driving". 

(yes I know you were joking)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Note that in SuperCruise mode, you only go as fast as the car in front of you.  So in heavy traffic, it matches the flow around you. Plus... hey, I was filming and "driving". 

(yes I know you were joking)

Haha I know I know. I used the adaptive cruise in a MKZ on a loaner a couple months back and it's cool as hell. I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be in a top of the line cruise control vehicle like SuperCruise or whatever Mercedes calls there. Oh, or Tesla's. 

The MKZ's lane keep assist was garbage though. It would bounce once or twice then just go across the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Haha I know I know. I used the adaptive cruise in a MKZ on a loaner a couple months back and it's cool as hell. I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be in a top of the line cruise control vehicle like SuperCruise or whatever Mercedes calls there. Oh, or Tesla's. 

The MKZ's lane keep assist was garbage though. It would bounce once or twice then just go across the line. 

Lincoln's Lane keep assist isn't supposed to be hands free. It's suppose to be hands on and just nudge you if you're too busy texting to bother to actually drive the car.  No one, not even Tesla's autopilot, is up there with Cadillac's system yet. 

Mercedes is Distronic+, but again it's not completely hands free. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I want this sooooo bad. It was fantastic on my drive to NY from Pittsburgh last year.

This is me:

 

 

 

This needs to get into ALL CADILLACS ASAP, The slow roll out of the tech is sad as the Escalade should have had this first along with the CT6.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

This needs to get into ALL CADILLACS ASAP, The slow roll out of the tech is sad as the Escalade should have had this first along with the CT6.

It's going into all Cadillacs eventually apparently.  It's expensive and complicated technology. The platform has to support it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It's going into all Cadillacs eventually apparently.  It's expensive and complicated technology. The platform has to support it. 

I get the tech is complicated and expensive, I do not buy that the platform has to support it. In looking closely at the CT6 with Supercruise at my local dealer, I truly believe it can be added to the existing Escalade from the wiring to the sensors, etc. I think they could but would rather wait to go to the next platform and then incorporate it there. 

I just think GM could have really benefited by having the marketing of Cadillac talk up the Supercruise your Escalade drive or CT6 drive. That would have been outstanding at helping drive sales to Cadillac showrooms  IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This needs to get into ALL CADILLACS ASAP, The slow roll out of the tech is sad as the Escalade should have had this first along with the CT6.

Remember way back yesterday when you said auto high beam headlights were unnecessary... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Remember way back yesterday when you said auto high beam headlights were unnecessary... 

Yup and I still believe that the auto high beams is unnecessary. Yet on a road trip auto like the CT6 or Escalade, the supercruise is a logical tool to have. This makes sense when your on long open stretches of the highway like I5 through the middle of California or across montana, Texas, etc. plenty of wide open places where Supercruise would be the right fit and the rare place that the auto high beams would also work to limit animal hits. Every technology has its place I believe.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yup and I still believe that the auto high beams is unnecessary. Yet on a road trip auto like the CT6 or Escalade, the supercruise is a logical tool to have. This makes sense when your on long open stretches of the highway like I5 through the middle of California or across montana, Texas, etc. plenty of wide open places where Supercruise would be the right fit and the rare place that the auto high beams would also work to limit animal hits. Every technology has its place I believe.

The CT6 Also has night vision, step above auto high beams (which it also has)

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The CT6 Also has night vision, step above auto high beams (which it also has)

 

 

I remember when you posted this, night vision is great for low light situations especially on road trips out in the middle of nowhere so one can avoid the wild life. 

I am still not sold that auto's in the city or suburbs needs auto high beams on all the time till it senses another auto IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, dfelt said:

I am still not sold that auto's in the city or suburbs needs auto high beams on all the time till it senses another auto IMHO

If you're driving in the city, they will never be on because there are always lights around you that they sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search