Jump to content
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada Features

Recommended Posts

I with the 2001s weren't so beat to hell... I wouldn't mind owning one as my daily SUV to replace the now gone CR-V.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were sweet rides, sadly I have not seen one in good condition in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, dfelt said:

These were sweet rides, sadly I have not seen one in good condition in a long time.

Well, the reason is simple: GM shut down the whole plant that made the Bravada (Morain OH) back in 2008 because of falling sales.  I would have loved it if GM had kept developing the Atlas I-6 and made it smaller for today's CUVs and/or made it a base engine for the BOF trucks/SUVs.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

Well, the reason is simple: GM shut down the whole plant that made the Bravada (Morain OH) back in 2008 because of falling sales.  I would have loved it if GM had kept developing the Atlas I-6 and made it smaller for today's CUVs and/or made it a base engine for the BOF trucks/SUVs.

That engine, developed at the same pace as the 3.6 V6 would be a fantastic truck and SUV engine for today.... plus you could turbo it easily. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is too bad GM didn't continue to develop the Atlas and evolve the GMT360 platform.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda?   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It is too bad GM didn't continue to develop the Atlas and evolve the GMT360 platform.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda?   

It was bankruptcy time and BOF SUVs were out of style. Everyone was shifting to large crossovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It was bankruptcy time and BOF SUVs were out of style. Everyone was shifting to large crossovers. 

I know...FWD transverse engine generics...ick.   With Ford going back to a RWD based platform for their larger midsize SUVs, I wonder if GM will respond or stick w/ generics.  I can't imagine them changing...

Edited by Robert Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, balthazar said:

The vast majority of this segment is 4- or AWD, not ‘front’ or ‘rear’.

Yes, I was referring to FWD or RWD to distinguish between AWD/FWD/transverse engine CUVs and AWD/RWD/longitudinal engine SUVs.  Less typing.

Edited by Robert Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...