Jump to content

Mercedez Benz News Mercedes-AMG Unveils the AMG GLB 35


Drew Dowdell

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

A FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR front wheel drive vehicle? Hell. No. 

The X1 was RWD...

Isn't the X1 FWD based now?   The idea of $50k for a 4cyl FWD/transverse based CUV or car is absolute madness....but it also says $50k isn't what it once was... a FWD transverse 4 cyl connotes cheap econobox, not anything premium...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Isn't the X1 FWD based now?   The idea of $50k for a 4cyl FWD/transverse based CUV or car is absolute madness....but it also says $50k isn't what it once was... a FWD transverse 4 cyl connotes cheap econobox, not anything premium...

Yeah, whenever the 2nd gen came out it was FWD-based. 

To go with that, FWD isn't as bad as it once was either with computers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

FWD isn't as bad as it once was either with computers. 

That is the key piece, FWD, RWD, AWD, does not matter as computers have allowed the auto industry to give a smooth fun drive for most auto's regardless of which wheels propel an auto.

This becomes more true when we move to Torque vectoring of an auto where you gain even better driving dynamics.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, whenever the 2nd gen came out it was FWD-based. 

To go with that, FWD isn't as bad as it once was either with computers. 

I know, I just think FWD/transverse 4cyl is fine for cheap econoboxes or mainstream appliances,  but has no place in at a premium or luxury brand..... 

Edited by Robert Hall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I know, I just think FWD/transverse 4cyl is fine for cheap econoboxes or mainstream appliances,  but has no place in at a premium or luxury brand..... 

I disagree PERMITTING they worked to get the proportions correct and not having super long front overhangs and such.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is easy to forget this but the XTS is really the last of the FWD Devilles that came out originally back in the 1980s.  Some people actually like and bought the FWD XTS/DTS/Deville for the better part of 30 years.  Now, the CT6 is a far superior car period.  I doubt that anyone will really miss the XTS once it is out of production. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, riviera74 said:

It is easy to forget this but the XTS is really the last of the FWD Devilles that came out originally back in the 1980s.  Some people actually like and bought the FWD XTS/DTS/Deville for the better part of 30 years.  Now, the CT6 is a far superior car period.  I doubt that anyone will really miss the XTS once it is out of production. 

The fleets.... and me.

I like the XTS in V-Sport trim, but I agree the CT6 is a better vehicle all around. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...