Jump to content
Create New...

Ford's Fight To Remain An American Icon


NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Recommended Posts

Ford's ability to bring to market and still keep it as the American Icon will do just fine with the Rivian Built F-150 and the end is very accurate, the industry is going to look very different in 10 years I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, going to look very different indeed. I am expecting there to be fewer companies, and companies like Ford being bought by a Google or Amazon. The industry as a whole is on it’s death spiral, as what is going to be almost a whole new generation refuses to be interested in “personal” transportation. Much of the stems from things like heavy debt, and/or working from home. There are many factors that play into this.....

Ford has a great uphill battle right now.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Yep, going to look very different indeed. I am expecting there to be fewer companies, and companies like Ford being bought by a Google or Amazon. The industry as a whole is on it’s death spiral, as what is going to be almost a whole new generation refuses to be interested in “personal” transportation. Much of the stems from things like heavy debt, and/or working from home. There are many factors that play into this.....

Ford has a great uphill battle right now.....

I think all auto companies have this battle and it does not help that the youth have gone to college with an entitled attitude and so borrowed heavily to keep living a life style even in college that has retarded their ability to move to the next stage of life.

Unless one comes from wealth, College is about learning the tools to have a successful life style and not living your parents life style at college. Failure 101 of many parents. My own kids did not live that cush life style and now as college graduates in their 30's do have nice auto's and are moving forward with buying their own place.

Told them growing up and while in college, their time will come, now is the time to focus on learning and being frugal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I think all auto companies have this battle and it does not help that the youth have gone to college with an entitled attitude and so borrowed heavily to keep living a life style even in college that has retarded their ability to move to the next stage of life.

Unless one comes from wealth, College is about learning the tools to have a successful life style and not living your parents life style at college. Failure 101 of many parents. My own kids did not live that cush life style and now as college graduates in their 30's do have nice auto's and are moving forward with buying their own place.

Told them growing up and while in college, their time will come, now is the time to focus on learning and being frugal.

Sadly, college is a touchy subject to me. For the most part-college is a waste of money for most. I’ve seen self-starters and those in the trades way too often do better than those just out of college. Add the debt, and you have a problem. And with the prices of cars going even higher, most give up. I have a younger neighbor who got lucky to get their house with their debt. She works completely from home, while their only and main ride is a 2011 Ford Fusion. And they have no plane to upgrade, just another beater for work, or maybe he will work from home as well........

they are not status folks, simply life enjoying and vacation type of people...and I can’t surely blame them......

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Sadly, college is a touchy subject to me. For the most part-college is a waste of money for most. I’ve seen self-starters and those in the trades way too often do better than those just out of college. Add the debt, and you have a problem. And with the prices of cars going even higher, most give up. I have a younger neighbor who got lucky to get their house with their debt. She works completely from home, while their only and main ride is a 2011 Ford Fusion. And they have no plane to upgrade, just another beater for work, or maybe he will work from home as well........

they are not status folks, simply life enjoying and vacation type of people...and I can’t surely blame them......

Agree college is not for all, trade school is a great alternative. Sadly, high school only education is not enough to have the american dream.

There is more I could say, but I will leave it with I totally understand that college is not for everyone and the lack of our public school system in not working to properly gauge and help our kids plan a future is a big part of the failure some have with College or trade school.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search