Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cadillac News: The Non-V CT4 Revealed

Drew Dowdell

2 hours ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

I almost spit my coffee out with that one "Kwality"? Very few people have that opinion of Lincoln and I'm glad Lincoln is finally trying, it's about time, but they are in a different ball park on a JV team, it's a work in progress. Cadillac shot so far ahead in the last 20 years that Lincoln is just now catching up. You still barely see any Navigators out in the wild, but you do see tons of Escalades and it's not a production issue, they are sitting on the Lincoln dealer lots. 

Over all I agree with you that Cadillac has really upped their quality, but as late, as an Escalade ESV owner who gets all his service done at my local dealership, the newest Escalades have lost out to the last couple generations in terms of comfort and luxury especially in the seat department. The thin cardboard hard seats do not make for a road trip worth auto. My sales rep after selling me a total of 5 Cadillac's and 1 Hummer over the last 18 years has not got me to trade in my Platinum edition Escalade ESV as the current ones suck in the seats area. Had to many of them as free loaners and used one for a road trip where my comfort was anything but comfortable after 150 miles. Cadillac is lacking in the interior style and comfort of a luxury brand compared to the current release of the Navigator.

Cadillac needs to retain the quality they have but seriously upgrade their interiors to compete at the proper luxury level.

I also think Cadillac needs to interior options for their seats. If you only ever drive local short trips and you like a more short trip spirited driving seat, they needs to have those thin seats, but for those of us that love to take our Slades on the road seeing North America, they needs a better supported / comfortable chair.

7 hours ago, dfelt said:

Over all I agree with you that Cadillac has really upped their quality, but as late, as an Escalade ESV owner who gets all his service done at my local dealership, the newest Escalades have lost out to the last couple generations in terms of comfort and luxury especially in the seat department. The thin cardboard hard seats do not make for a road trip worth auto. My sales rep after selling me a total of 5 Cadillac's and 1 Hummer over the last 18 years has not got me to trade in my Platinum edition Escalade ESV as the current ones suck in the seats area. Had to many of them as free loaners and used one for a road trip where my comfort was anything but comfortable after 150 miles. Cadillac is lacking in the interior style and comfort of a luxury brand compared to the current release of the Navigator.

Cadillac needs to retain the quality they have but seriously upgrade their interiors to compete at the proper luxury level.

I also think Cadillac needs to interior options for their seats. If you only ever drive local short trips and you like a more short trip spirited driving seat, they needs to have those thin seats, but for those of us that love to take our Slades on the road seeing North America, they needs a better supported / comfortable chair.

Better seats were in the Escalade five years ago versus right now?  I hope that the 2021 Escalade (and all Cadillac vehicles) radically step up in the seat game.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

What year of Slade do you have? My Father drives a 2017 Premium Lux and seems to really like it. The interior and seats do get better with the trim levels from Base Luxury to Platinum, in his Premium Luxury the seats seem pretty good and the Platinum I sat in and test drove seemed really nice and cushy front and second row seats, you don't want them too soft or too hard. Hard seats are what Merc is known for, for decades they were buckboard hard as a rock and they're still pretty firm, VW Toureg Wolfsburg Ed. seats were too hard as well. I'm told that the 2021 Escalades will be an even better quality inside and out. It's part of the higher level of luxury that de Nysschen was working on at Cadillac and Carlisle is so far continuing on that path.

How tall are you anyway? Maybe you need seat bottom extenders 😁 

1 hour ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

What year of Slade do you have? My Father drives a 2017 Premium Lux and seems to really like it. The interior and seats do get better with the trim levels from Base Luxury to Platinum, in his Premium Luxury the seats seem pretty good and the Platinum I sat in and test drove seemed really nice and cushy front and second row seats, you don't want them too soft or too hard. Hard seats are what Merc is known for, for decades they were buckboard hard as a rock and they're still pretty firm, VW Toureg Wolfsburg Ed. seats were too hard as well. I'm told that the 2021 Escalades will be an even better quality inside and out. It's part of the higher level of luxury that de Nysschen was working on at Cadillac and Carlisle is so far continuing on that path.

How tall are you anyway? Maybe you need seat bottom extenders 😁 

I have a 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum, last year of the cushy seat with built in support. As a road trip person who drives 15 to 20 thousand miles a year, I usually will do on average 500 to 600 miles in a day and can tell you since Gen 2 the seats have gotten harder and harder and are not long road trip worthy seats. Have my slade going in this Friday for service before another road trip up through Canada and the Banf national park. I did the same trip last year in a new loaner and my butt hurt. Not comfy seats for long road trips.

Size, is 6'6" tall 290lbs, 20% body fat at most recent tank testing, working to get back to 15%. Yes I body build still. Long legs as I have a 40" inseam, so seats have to go down to the floor and all the way back for me to be comfy. Reason I do not fit in the Corvettes. long legs.

Yes Seat extenders would be nice as the current Slade seats seem shorter than my 2006.

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I have a 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum, last year of the cushy seat with built in support. As a road trip person who drives 15 to 20 thousand miles a year, I usually will do on average 500 to 600 miles in a day and can tell you since Gen 2 the seats have gotten harder and harder and are not long road trip worthy seats. Have my slade going in this Friday for service before another road trip up through Canada and the Banf national park. I did the same trip last year in a new loaner and my butt hurt. Not comfy seats for long road trips.

Size, is 6'6" tall 290lbs, 20% body fat at most recent tank testing, working to get back to 15%. Yes I body build still. Long legs as I have a 40" inseam, so seats have to go down to the floor and all the way back for me to be comfy. Reason I do not fit in the Corvettes. long legs.

Yes Seat extenders would be nice as the current Slade seats seem shorter than my 2006.

What were you butt hurt about?😂 I have long legs too and avg. torso don't really have a problem at 6'3" guess I'm lucky I stopped growing haha. I like the seat pretty much all of the way back anyway and long arms reach the wheel just right :) The C8 seems pretty good sitting in it, but does seem smaller and a bit lower roof panel too, but they do have an alcove for helmets on both sides on the inside of the targa top so it's not too bad and talk about tech laden, wow.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

What were you butt hurt about?😂 I have long legs too and avg. torso don't really have a problem at 6'3" guess I'm lucky I stopped growing haha. I like the seat pretty much all of the way back anyway and long arms reach the wheel just right :) The C8 seems pretty good sitting in it, but does seem smaller and a bit lower roof panel too, but they do have an alcove for helmets on both sides on the inside of the targa top so it's not too bad and talk about tech laden, wow.

But are you thick with muscles? That is where I run into space issues, is most sports cars and the Corvette seems to be no different is not built for thick, big guys. My sports / suit jacket is a 60, so my shoulders tend to have issues also. Trust me you would hate to be in the seat next to me on a plane. :P I eat up space faster than a Ferrari attempting to catch the tail lights of a ZR1 Corvette. :D 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dfelt said:

But are you thick with muscles? That is where I run into space issues, is most sports cars and the Corvette seems to be no different is not built for thick, big guys. My sports / suit jacket is a 60, so my shoulders tend to have issues also. Trust me you would hate to be in the seat next to me on a plan. :P I eat up space faster than a Ferrari attempting to catch the tail lights of a ZR1 Corvette. :D 

Damn son you are a big boy. I work out 3 days a week and have a pretty strong core and good tone 6'3" 225 but not stocky I was a lanky bean pole kid 🤣

Ah a C7 ZR1 and a Ferrari 812 Superfast that would be a great race and fun to be a part of! 💪🏻🙌🏻

• Agree 1