MRDETROITMETAL

Corvette Sting Ray Roadster

7 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, so it's a SET of drawings !

Doing this for the Speedanddesign.net contest, thought I would test it out here on you guys first !

Please, tell me what you think of these OK.

This car has a push button transmission shifter, ONE central display monitor that shows all the cars's funtions, including allowing the driver to adjust spriing rates, traction contol, engine mapping...all that crap in one spot with a touch screen.

Oh, yea it has a side angled steering post as well !!!

Kinda retro futuristic looks included with the "roadster" package, I am going to chop the windows way down on the side veiw & fix the wheels too.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I like your "central spine" situation, but... uh, how does a steering column that comes into the car from the left fender work, exactly? And how does a Corvette concept have 6 taillights? They've always had 4. And your overhead picture doesn't match your profile shot. The profile is much stubbier.

OB, ...steering by wire, when back in the day you had a Really Hot Corvette, you freched in 6 taillights so you could wave goodbye to your competition !!!...LOL.

True.

I have to fix the side veiw as you pointed out the window gives it a fatter look and the angle of the other exterior pixs shows the form differently to accent the interior. Good comments THX.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Looks very Italian in a weird way.

hmmm... the spine thing is cool but the lack of dash mounted speedometer and tach frightens me alot... youd hafta take yur eyes so far off the road to see it...

6 tailights... not on a vette... ever... i dont care what kind of ridiculous custom things were done to vettes back in the day... ive seen a 68 C3 station wagon... does that mean all vettes should be station wagons? no... 6 taillights is a no no...

and um... what is the function of the backwards facings ram air ports? they'r too far away from the windsheild to be cowl induction... so... why?

i like the stubbyness of the side profile... theres somethin badass about it...

lets see the front before i pass entire judgement

OK I will do the front veiw too....Mont, YOU will LOVE it !...lol.

Cuz, if ya liked that trans am chop....this is meaner and nastier than that one is. OLD school Corvette. And the ONLY time you look at a spedo in a vette is when the cops are around, sooo...NBD there. Right ?

Think...Sting Ray. Mid 60's to mid 70's like look to the frontend.

Have it later on...& sorry NOT gonna change the tailights tho..THAT IMO says BADASS Corvette..."look out !!!, .....opps, to late,...ya just got beat "...lol !

It was an old Stingray trick out, thats why its threre to stay. an, 68, the roadster thing gives it that kinda look I think ? BTW, where do you get those old car pixs?

I want some !!!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this