Anthony Fongaro

Does Zero to 60 MPH Really Matter?

46 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So you did not know that the SS are based on a corvette? It is the same C6 Corvette power train with a stiffer suspension, taller air intake to take advantage of better torque to move the heavier body on frame auto.

well... the engine might be corvette but the rest of the car is not based on Corvette I think he is implying. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

well... the engine might be corvette but the rest of the car is not based on Corvette I think he is implying. 

Very much so. 

I thought he was being a smartass until the post after it.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The engine, transmission and rear differential along with the integrated cooling system is pure Corvette. at almost 30K miles a leak developed in the cooling system that took out the hand build trans and messed up the rear diff. Lucky warranty covered it, but the Chevrolet paper work once done stated the hand built parts from the corvette factory. I still have it in my file for the auto. Very cool in that regards. Bullet proof since for the last 115,000 plus miles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Potluck said:

Most people don't drive Corvettes.

That's because most people are boring and drive an A to B appliance like a Prius.

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Wish I could fit into a Corvette to drive one as I would love too. Have to settle for my Corvette based Trailblazer SS AWD which has had many spirited triple digits drives! :P 

I'm 6'3" and yes she's pretty much on the ground, but once in, it's go time!  My Silverado is my DD much easier to get in and out of being tall :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It is a yardstick.  Time-honored.

72486383_10206917929063833_6843786552292671488_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

At 28 seconds, yes I would think it matters... but when we're down to comparing 10ths of a second, does it really matter?

So car X can get to 60 in 6.5 seconds, does Car Y getting there in 6.3 seconds really sell more of Car Y?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I can honestly see this being valid for a pickup truck pulling a trailer at say 10,000 lbs. 0-60 time and then a brake time of 60 to 0 pulling that same trailer.

For all other auto's today, the 10ths of a second are now just insignificant since 99.99999% of everyone cannot tell the difference.

Would still feel a 35 to 65 time loaded with 4 people averaging 185 lbs per person for a total weight of 740 lbs getting from local road to highway speed would be more important than a 0 to 60.