regfootball

On Tour - 2019 Buick Regal TourX

Lots of rubber on those tires for spring and summer.

These wheels make the wagon look more ‘estate’ like whereby the stock wheels try to look ‘crossover’. Both end up looking good and these look better than I thought they would on the tourx.  

196E6949-10BE-41AB-85E4-587A6C5C7CDF.jpeg

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Such a good looking vehicle. 

Makes the Envision look like a Chinese knock-off "Buick".  I mean I know it's an Opel, but... yes, very handsome car.

me thinks this Opel branded roof cargo box would be a neat accessory....

image.png

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 3

Those look GREAT on there...way better than the base/silver/etc. normal Regal wheels on the hatch.

Wagon is a looker.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, caddycruiser said:

Those look GREAT on there...way better than the base/silver/etc. normal Regal wheels on the hatch.

Wagon is a looker.

Too bad it has all the cladding!

used car price watch. For anyone looking, some of the 2018 sportbacks with 25k or less miles around here are seriously on the market for around 16 grand.  That would be for one with cloth / no heated seats and say no blind spot. 

On 11/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, regfootball said:

Sorry. Had to take another photo. 

86D42D56-C5CE-4D50-9931-CEDCA5EA5D7F.jpeg

curious, does it really look better w/o cladding?

image.png

• Upvote 1

It does look much better without cladding IMO.

But even with the cladding it is a great looking car.

12 hours ago, regfootball said:

Too bad it has all the cladding!

used car price watch. For anyone looking, some of the 2018 sportbacks with 25k or less miles around here are seriously on the market for around 16 grand.  That would be for one with cloth / no heated seats and say no blind spot. 

Former daily rentals?  Seems like 90% of the used 2018's up here are.  As for the cladding I don't mind it, though that bit at the top of the wheel wells is a bit odd.

Edited by frogger

Liking the ride.  The 2.0 is quite nasal-ly but it seems to be getting broke in / smoother.  MPG is down now with winter and shit winter blend although I still most often go to costco and put top tier premium in it.  Defintely justifies the costco membership to save 20-40 cents a gallon on the premium.  I'll probably take it for an oil change in the next couple weeks.

Wife and I stole a lunch hour recently and went to the local BBQ joint.  Parked right next to a red hot 2019 Blazer.  Wife (without prompting) commented on how 'cute' the Blazer was. 

She generally doesn't comment on cars, so she must have really saw something she liked.

I then informed her that if we hadnt gotten the TourX, the Blazer in exactly that color was the runner up but that the numbers worked out better on the TourX for more stuff, too.

Recently there has been statements like, we don't need a van next time, and 'the van's too big'.  And so methinks that depending on what happens with less than year left on the Pacfica lease now, she may just fine with the red hot Blazer I never got instead of the TourX.

In the meantime, whenever i drive something like our van and get back in the TourX, i just think that despite my wanting to capitulate to the modern way of an SUV for better ingress and egress, I just enjoy driving the TourX so much.  It's not a luxury vehicle, and it's not perfect... but the interior design and the driving position and the console lend a sporty intimate (but not too much so) feel that so many vehicles....particularly CUV's and SUV's....do not have.  Even sedans.  Someday, and maybe sooner rather than later I will hop on the CUV bandwagon.  But for now, the nice handling and ride, good reflexes of a sedan like vehicle with AWD for the winter and nice pulses of turbo torque make for a nice ride.  It's been enjoyable so far and it's cool how it's unique in the sea of the mind numbing automotive landscape.