On Tour - 2019 Buick Regal TourX

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to get something to replace the Malibu lease end👍

coming up on one year.  Love this ride.  Yes, it's not an SUV..... this rogue little ride has not been getting the use due to COVID and as such, when i purchased almost a year ago to the day as new de

I like the Tour X in this dark red.

Posted Images

These wheels make the wagon look more ‘estate’ like whereby the stock wheels try to look ‘crossover’. Both end up looking good and these look better than I thought they would on the tourx.  

196E6949-10BE-41AB-85E4-587A6C5C7CDF.jpeg

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Such a good looking vehicle. 

Makes the Envision look like a Chinese knock-off "Buick".  I mean I know it's an Opel, but... yes, very handsome car.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, caddycruiser said:

Those look GREAT on there...way better than the base/silver/etc. normal Regal wheels on the hatch.

Wagon is a looker.

Too bad it has all the cladding!

used car price watch. For anyone looking, some of the 2018 sportbacks with 25k or less miles around here are seriously on the market for around 16 grand.  That would be for one with cloth / no heated seats and say no blind spot. 

12 hours ago, regfootball said:

Too bad it has all the cladding!

used car price watch. For anyone looking, some of the 2018 sportbacks with 25k or less miles around here are seriously on the market for around 16 grand.  That would be for one with cloth / no heated seats and say no blind spot. 

Former daily rentals?  Seems like 90% of the used 2018's up here are.  As for the cladding I don't mind it, though that bit at the top of the wheel wells is a bit odd.

Edited by frogger
  • 3 weeks later...

Liking the ride.  The 2.0 is quite nasal-ly but it seems to be getting broke in / smoother.  MPG is down now with winter and shit winter blend although I still most often go to costco and put top tier premium in it.  Defintely justifies the costco membership to save 20-40 cents a gallon on the premium.  I'll probably take it for an oil change in the next couple weeks.

Wife and I stole a lunch hour recently and went to the local BBQ joint.  Parked right next to a red hot 2019 Blazer.  Wife (without prompting) commented on how 'cute' the Blazer was. 

She generally doesn't comment on cars, so she must have really saw something she liked.

I then informed her that if we hadnt gotten the TourX, the Blazer in exactly that color was the runner up but that the numbers worked out better on the TourX for more stuff, too.

Recently there has been statements like, we don't need a van next time, and 'the van's too big'.  And so methinks that depending on what happens with less than year left on the Pacfica lease now, she may just fine with the red hot Blazer I never got instead of the TourX.

In the meantime, whenever i drive something like our van and get back in the TourX, i just think that despite my wanting to capitulate to the modern way of an SUV for better ingress and egress, I just enjoy driving the TourX so much.  It's not a luxury vehicle, and it's not perfect... but the interior design and the driving position and the console lend a sporty intimate (but not too much so) feel that so many vehicles....particularly CUV's and SUV's....do not have.  Even sedans.  Someday, and maybe sooner rather than later I will hop on the CUV bandwagon.  But for now, the nice handling and ride, good reflexes of a sedan like vehicle with AWD for the winter and nice pulses of turbo torque make for a nice ride.  It's been enjoyable so far and it's cool how it's unique in the sea of the mind numbing automotive landscape.

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I still want one of these.  My problem is there are too many cars I want and not enough time or money for them all!  I have another year on my CTS lease and a used one of these (or possibly even the hatchback) may be its replacement.  I have time to figure out what my commute is going to look like, I guess.  I was 3k miles ahead of my lease back in March when I started WFH but now I am about 1.5k behind.  If it looks like the work from home is going to stick around for a while, even if it changes to 2-3 days per week, it will probably make more sense to get something new to replace our van and buy a cheap, used car to replace my CTS.  Maybe a Cruze or a Sonic.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 2QuickZ's said:

I still want one of these.  My problem is there are too many cars I want and not enough time or money for them all!  I have another year on my CTS lease and a used one of these (or possibly even the hatchback) may be its replacement.  I have time to figure out what my commute is going to look like, I guess.  I was 3k miles ahead of my lease back in March when I started WFH but now I am about 1.5k behind.  If it looks like the work from home is going to stick around for a while, even if it changes to 2-3 days per week, it will probably make more sense to get something new to replace our van and buy a cheap, used car to replace my CTS.  Maybe a Cruze or a Sonic.

Well, these used are nicely priced...spotted a 18 with 28k for 16500....not too bad for a wagon.... 🙂 

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, balthazar said:

It is a looker.
I would be interested to see some shots in the open hatch, with the rear seat up & down.

sure thing, i'll get some soon.

One huge downfall to the wagon is the load floor is up higher than it is on the sportback.  This is where my ire is with GM here.  The sportback may actually have more of a useful cargo area when the seats are folder due to the lower floor.  PLus i have already had several instances where the cargo falls out of the trunk when you open the hatch.  I need to figure out a barrier solution, as the load floor slopes lower towards the hatch opening.  Already had shampoo fly out of the hatch, rool down the driveway and all the way across the street.

The problem with the Sportback is that is doesn't have the power hatch like the wagon, and the sunroof on the Sportback is way too small to be anything enjoyable.  So the wagon, can't get the v6 and has the higher load floor, but you get power hatch and huge moonroof.  The Sportback has lower load floor, and V6 option, but a fairly unimpressive sunroof and no power hatch.

If the wagon had the same low load floor of the Sportback that would have made for a lot more cargo area and the most useful load floor.  The actual cargo area height of the wagon is not that impressive, actually.

In my wife's Malibu, we have a couple of those heavy cardboard 'flats'; around 18" x 24", helps when you go shopping to keep things from a-rollin' / shopping where they have no bags (Costco).

Or, you could fashion a 'U' shaped barrier the width of the interior, to retain items from rolling out. Only needs to be about 3" high at the rear.

• Upvote 1
On 4/18/2021 at 4:17 AM, regfootball said:

Changed back to the all seasons a couple weeks ago. Out about 4,000 miles on last year. Just about at 15,000 on the odo. Despite the strong 2.0, I think it would have been nice to have a v6 option in this car. 

still agree with one of my own earlier comments. This car on a larger chassis would really more fully  realize the concept. Still, enjoying the ride. Another young German car fan gave me the cool car chat when I was getting the tires changed over. ‘Cool wagon, I love those!’

3B26B505-A622-49F3-9BE6-A12362DCAC1B.jpeg

9DC23132-F42E-4F5B-9897-FB8D2AF70161.jpeg

A1667B7C-0ECF-424B-8497-95EE555ECB76.jpeg

That is still one sharp looking ride. Hopefully it has served you well.