On Tour - 2019 Buick Regal TourX

I really now wish GM / Buick had built the Avista.  Would be a nice option vs the nice Camaro but with a little sleeker style and probably a nicer interior.  I wish the Camaro had the 3.6 twin turbo v6 w AWD as an option.  The Avista would have been the perfect vessel for that sort of powertrain as a unique offering.

6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

There's the CT4-V Blackwing... It isn't AWD but it has the TT3.6. 

nope, AWD is required for me in the snow state for a year round car as opposed to RWD only, like thousands of other buyers.

Striking concepts define Buick's past and future

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

When did you all move into your nursing homes?  Can't sit down in a car now?  Too hard to stand up? Do you all need artificial knees? :P

Oh look... your apple sauce is here for dinner.

Being past 50 has a lot to do with it... arthritis, knee and hip pain, back pain.   Getting old is not for the weak.  Sliding in and out of an SUV is a lot easier than getting down low to get in and out of a low sedan or sports car...

I had forgotten about the Avista, that was a beautiful concept.   Taillights are very Acura, though. 

Random styling thought--saw a Saturn Sky the other day, they had a nice rear end..the taillights and something about the shape remind me of a miniature '71-72 Toronado behind..

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Random styling thought--saw a Saturn Sky the other day, they had a nice rear end..the taillights and something about the shape remind me of a miniature '71-72 Toronado behind..

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

18 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

When did you all move into your nursing homes?  Can't sit down in a car now?  Too hard to stand up? Do you all need artificial knees? :P

Hahaha touche..

I don't ever remember injuring my knee but every once in awhile twisting in or out my right knee would get a shooting pain and almost feel like it's dangling for a bit after. It's like below my knee, and not in the middle of the joint. It certainly wasn't a daily occurrence but almost always it's only twisting getting in or out of a car.  

22 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Try being 55 with a history of body building and power lifting and now bone on bone. Why get into a low squat position when you can slid your bum into the seat. After all, I figure Raptors, TRD's, etc. is the new performance auto for the X Generation and life style for the Y generation. :D 

Hopefully with BEVs we will see America come back with a new stable of Performance SUVs and Trucks.

20 Best Performance SUVs for 2022 - TrueCar

Hummer by GMC is a good start.

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha touche..

I don't ever remember injuring my knee but every once in awhile twisting in or out my right knee would get a shooting pain and almost feel like it's dangling for a bit after. It's like below my knee, and not in the middle of the joint. It certainly wasn't a daily occurrence but almost always it's only twisting getting in or out of a car.  

Getting old sucks, but at least the pain reminds you that you are alive! :P 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, David said:

Try being 55 with a history of body building and power lifting and now bone on bone. Why get into a low squat position when you can slid your bum into the seat. After all, I figure Raptors, TRD's, etc. is the new performance auto for the X Generation and life style for the Y generation. :D 

Getting old sucks, but at least the pain reminds you that you are alive! :P 

What is always fun also is the random pain-- climbing a flight of 4 steps and suddenly shooting pain in my right knee... or sneezing and getting sharp pain in my hip.    Or getting out of my Jeep after driving two hours and having to hang on to the door to stand up.    And I have a history of very little exercise and spending way too many hours in a cubicle.  I'm trying to walk a lot more, get some exercise and keep my mind sharp so I don't end up like Captain Pike or an eggplant.

I fear cognitive decline more than physical over all though.  I don't want to end up a schizophrenic with dementia--several examples in my family.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

What is always fun also is the random pain-- climbing a flight of 4 steps and suddenly shooting pain in my right knee... or sneezing and getting sharp pain in my hip.    Or getting out of my Jeep after driving two hours and having to hang on to the door to stand up.    And I have a history of very little exercise and spending way too many hours in a cubicle.  I'm trying to walk a lot more, get some exercise and keep my mind sharp so I don't end up like Captain Pike or an eggplant.

I fear cognitive decline more than physical over all though.  I don't want to end up a schizophrenic with dementia--several examples in my family.

Interesting that so many apps are out now to remind us to change focus plan such as the 20/20/20 app for eyesight or this which also can be found on an app to get up and move around.

7 Exercise Apps to Keep You Fit at Your Desk (makeuseof.com)

I agree with you as one that has a Dad with Dementia, I will accept my pain and keep exercising both my body and brain to keep from going mush.

7 hours ago, David said:

Getting old sucks

Cant argue there.  I mean,  like how you and Robert have stated. The...physical part of growing old and all that comes with ageing.  The eventual physical and mental deterioration kind of stuff.

7 hours ago, David said:

at least the pain reminds you that you are alive!

But...what keeps ME alive and reminds ME of being young is NOT having to drive around in clunky, boxy, crappy SUVs... because MY body is still vibrant and youthful.    :P

Oh...and my mind still thinks like Im a 15 year old. Sometimes like Im 21.  Sometimes like Im 31 or 41.    Ask my wife.   She will even tell you I sometimes behave like a 2 year old!!! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha touche..

Oldshurst to CCAP:

"Maybe you could join the IRL like most of your hockey team... "

Best Slap Shot Hanrahan GIFs | Gfycat

CCAP reacts:

Not enough Slap Shot on Imgur - Album on Imgur

12 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

"Maybe you could join the IRL like most of your hockey team... "

😂 😂 😂

They look BAD right now. With Binnington out Husso has dogsht puck handling skills and is always giving up one or two easy goals and you can't be doing that against a team like Colorado. They're too damn good. Binnington could control the forecheck getting out of the net and playing the puck. Husso just whips it around the boards and it's too easy to keep the puck in the zone. 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

😂 😂 😂

They look BAD right now. With Binnington out Husso has dogsht puck handling skills and is always giving up one or two easy goals and you can't be doing that against a team like Colorado. They're too damn good. Binnington could control the forecheck getting out of the net and playing the puck. Husso just whips it around the boards and it's too easy to keep the puck in the zone. 

pesty shytty Kadri...

He doesnt deserve, no human deserves the racist shyte and death threats he and his family got from so called fans. If you could even call these folks as fans. But he does need someone to fix his little red wagon as was said once upon a time ago.  

A couple of his hits were actually accidental and part of a legit hockey play. But a couple of others, not so much. 

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Cant argue there.  I mean,  like how you and Robert have stated. The...physical part of growing old and all that comes with ageing.  The eventual physical and mental deterioration kind of stuff.

But...what keeps ME alive and reminds ME of being young is NOT having to drive around in clunky, boxy, crappy SUVs... because MY body is still vibrant and youthful.    :P

Oh...and my mind still thinks like Im a 15 year old. Sometimes like Im 21.  Sometimes like Im 31 or 41.    Ask my wife.   She will even tell you I sometimes behave like a 2 year old!!! 

What keeps me young is my kids, skiing and working out and living life in the great outdoors in my awesome SUVs that get me there. :D 

After all, not seen a car that can go here at Hearts Pass in Washington.

Hart's Pass (fs.fed.us)

Hearts Pass Washington.jpg

Must visit place for those loving the outdoors.

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

pesty shytty Kadri...

He doesnt deserve, no human deserves the racist shyte and death threats he and his family got from so called fans. If you could even call these folks as fans. But he does need someone to fix his little red wagon as was said once upon a time ago.  

A couple of his hits were actually accidental and part of a legit hockey play. But a couple of others, not so much. 

Oh he and his family definitely do not deserve death threats, even though he's pretty dirty on the ice. I also wouldn't hate to see somebody injure him, putting him out for awhile. 

There's big beef with him over in Blues-land with how he plowed into Binner. He deliberately took the "no brakes" route with no attempt to avoid goalie contact. He just plowed right through Rosen. He knew what he was doing. 

Yesterday, without even thinking of this thread, I thought I was "spotting."  Instead, I'll use the photo here.

KIMG1483.thumb.JPG.c021700642e5e825f5fac02d8f39476d.JPG

Here's the car that is the subject of this thread, shown in an interesting maroon-cinnamon type metallic color.  It looks good in this color  This car is growing on me.  Not only that, it's built in Germany for Buick.

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Oh he and his family definitely do not deserve death threats, even though he's pretty dirty on the ice. I also wouldn't hate to see somebody injure him, putting him out for awhile. 

There's big beef with him over in Blues-land with how he plowed into Binner. He deliberately took the "no brakes" route with no attempt to avoid goalie contact. He just plowed right through Rosen. He knew what he was doing. 

Tonight's a night where there are no more chances.  The Blues better buckle down and play their style of hockey. Hard and gritty. But NOT to solely target Kadri.  They tried to get revenge but the bum got a hat trick.   He played an awesome game though.  The kind of game that the Blues played makes players like Kadri salivate and rise up to the challenge.  The Blues just got to play hard, and force Kadri to make mistakes. And dont kid yourself, he WILL make mistakes.  

6 hours ago, David said:

What keeps me young is my kids, skiing and working out and living life in the great outdoors in my awesome SUVs that get me there. :D 

After all, not seen a car that can go here at Hearts Pass in Washington.

Hart's Pass (fs.fed.us)

Hearts Pass Washington.jpg

Must visit place for those loving the outdoors.

Cool place. 

But HATE to break it to ya.  Cars could do THAT just fine. Oh no....  NOT big American land yachts of yore.  But little Euro jobs. You are forgetting that Europe, mostly ALL of Europe is exactly like that.  

Ive been to my mom's village many a time. Done many donkey trails, by foot, by donkey and by...small Japanese and European autos.  And these trails were narrower than what that first video showed me.

BTW, the cars that I rode in were FWD Daewoos and Renaults and countless of RWD BMWs, Mercedes and Opels.  A Mitsubishi Galant coupe as well.  (the Dodge Challenger here States side in the early '80s) 

And Im not talking about the main roads either. And those are scary enough. No...Literally donkey trails up mountain sides leading nowhere but to other donkey trails connecting villages and farm lands when as short cuts as the main roads take too long to travel because the main roads follow the curvature of the mountain. These donkey trails cuts through the mountains.  Steep and dangerous...by foot.  Anything else is just suicide. Including being hauled by a donkey...  

14 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Tonight's a night where there are no more chances.  The Blues better buckle down and play their style of hockey. Hard and gritty. But NOT to solely target Kadri.  They tried to get revenge but the bum got a hat trick.   He played an awesome game though.  The kind of game that the Blues played makes players like Kadri salivate and rise up to the challenge.  The Blues just got to play hard, and force Kadri to make mistakes. And dont kid yourself, he WILL make mistakes.  

They looked like they wanted to lose that game early. Then they figured something out, Husso made some great saves, Nathan made a beautiful goal, and the Blues stayed resilient! 

I WANTED to turn the game off when it was 3-0 and Colorado was still rolling but I couldn't let myself turn off the potential last game of the year. I stayed with them and it paid off! 

14 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

But HATE to break it to ya.  Cars could do THAT just fine. Oh no....  NOT big American land yachts of yore.  But little Euro jobs. You are forgetting that Europe, mostly ALL of Europe is exactly like that.  

I was thinking the same exact thing. I don't think that trail looked like anything an AWD Fusion/Camry/Accord couldn't handle. The extra 0.5 inches of ground clearance for "most" SUVs (CUVs) doesn't really make much of a difference anyway on a pretty flat trail. 

17 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Cool place. 

True the American Land Yachts could not do it, but the videos do not show some of the worst as there are areas that without my Suburban lifted and 4x4 one could not get past and they have cut outs in the side of the mountain every couple of miles so who ever is closes to the cut out has to backup or forward depending on where you are on the road up.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

They looked like they wanted to lose that game early. Then they figured something out, Husso made some great saves, Nathan made a beautiful goal, and the Blues stayed resilient! 

I WANTED to turn the game off when it was 3-0 and Colorado was still rolling but I couldn't let myself turn off the potential last game of the year. I stayed with them and it paid off! 

I was thinking the same exact thing. I don't think that trail looked like anything an AWD Fusion/Camry/Accord couldn't handle. The extra 0.5 inches of ground clearance for "most" SUVs (CUVs) doesn't really make much of a difference anyway on a pretty flat trail. 

I have seen a few AWD Asian auto's go up and get stuck, the only thing that I have seen over and over is Subaru's AWD make it over some of the rock slides and wash outs from the winter. Most cars especially basic FWD or RWD just do not have the suspension for the ruts, washouts and rock slides. 

I agree that the low end basic CUVs would not do much better either. This is a road for true 4x4. I do remember seeing a few of the 4x4 eagles up on the road growing up. Really liked the clearance they had and the way they could handle off-road. Shame they did not survive.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:31 PM, trinacriabob said:

Yesterday, without even thinking of this thread, I thought I was "spotting."  Instead, I'll use the photo here.

KIMG1483.thumb.JPG.c021700642e5e825f5fac02d8f39476d.JPG

Here's the car that is the subject of this thread, shown in an interesting maroon-cinnamon type metallic color.  It looks good in this color  This car is growing on me.  Not only that, it's built in Germany for Buick.

COINCIDENTAL.  I was with my wife in our TourX and we spotted a red one in this very color making a turn at our intersection.  To see two TourX in the wild in the same spot at the same time, quite rare.  

That's 'Roja Red'.  At the time I got mine, I wasn't jamming on this color but now I like it more.  Maybe because it was too close to the maroon on my Malibu I was getting out of at the time.

• Agree 3

Managed to spontaneously get an oil change slot at the dealer I got my car from yesterday.  It's about an hour trip but it was good to get it on the highway and break it in some more.  Just crossed 23,000 miles.  They claim they washed my car so I figured time to get photos again.  Sorry I take so many photos....just trying to get the shots that turn out the best....they aren't too different.  lol

119EFA09-2470-4FC6-BD71-A94C8FC96757.jpeg

48EE86BD-549E-4EB3-93C6-87ACFA8CAFF1.jpeg

A1822A76-5E6A-4FB4-8429-73560C15187E.jpeg

5832DF61-98B5-4F1B-A5AC-1120EE619997.jpeg

452FFBE7-7D41-4EFA-8792-D97140563DFD.jpeg

A860E7AF-043D-43E7-8E61-1DE3A3625EDE.jpeg

57C4AA4B-1F00-43CF-ACD9-46BB649770F3.jpeg

E5731B27-990A-4D3D-A78A-C49E07C80BC2.jpeg

918044AF-2BA0-43AA-8AA0-1616AF3EBD41.jpeg

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, regfootball said:

Sorry I take so many photos....just trying to get the shots that turn out the best....they aren't too different.  lol

119EFA09-2470-4FC6-BD71-A94C8FC96757.jpeg

This one, your first one shown, is probably the best one.

That character line across the lower part of the doors makes a strong statement and helps break up the relative length of the Regal.

13 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

This one, your first one shown, is probably the best one.

That character line across the lower part of the doors makes a strong statement and helps break up the relative length of the Regal.

Yes, i was thinking the same thing.  the first one, and your reasons, i agree completely.

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Just looking around at all the lovely woman can keep one youthful! ;) 

On 5/24/2022 at 6:17 AM, ccap41 said:

Hahaha touche..

Having split my meniscuses pad in my knee, I now have to deal with daily the slow healing of the pad and the discomfort that comes from twisting the wrong way on my left knee and have it shoot pain up and down my leg or just want to give out. It sucks and now as such I am even more happy that I do not have a car that I have to get down into as an SUV makes it much more comfortable with my knee.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, David said:

Having split my meniscuses pad in my knee, I now have to deal with daily the slow healing of the pad and the discomfort that comes from twisting the wrong way on my left knee and have it shoot pain up and down my leg or just want to give out. It sucks and now as such I am even more happy that I do not have a car that I have to get down into as an SUV makes it much more comfortable with my knee.

That's the ONE worry I have with getting another car... But I'd like to test drive a TourX and see what the ingress/egress is like. I'd like to think it sits a little higher than my previous cars but I'd need to test-sit one. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, David said:

Just looking around at all the lovely woman can keep one youthful! ;) 

LOL

How did you remember this conversation?

It was nice to revisit!!!   And yes, Montreal does have some of the finest looking women in the world.  But one has to be careful with such lovely creatures because there is a whole lotta truth to that famous quote.  One will age real quick if one decides to scourn one.

Glad to hear you are still healing. Even if its slow.  Knee injuries are a bitch.  Word play on the beautiful women angle and the  female dog thing I just said.  Hope you found it funny.  That is how I stay young, though.   By laughing all the time.   Much safer...  

• Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

LOL

How did you remember this conversation?

It was nice to revisit!!!   And yes, Montreal does have some of the finest looking women in the world.  But one has to be careful with such lovely creatures because there is a whole lotta truth to that famous quote.  One will age real quick if one decides to scourn one.

Glad to hear you are still healing. Even if its slow.  Knee injuries are a bitch.  Word play on the beautiful women angle and the  female dog thing I just said.  Hope you found it funny.  That is how I stay young, though.   By laughing all the time.   Much safer...  

Tour-X reminded me of this and our discussion of SUV love/hate versus cars. Made me realize after seeing @ccap41 ask for his like/dislike of his Tour-X made me realize this was a perfect time to update this thread.

Youthful is a good thing as staying physical, mental and driven is a must as we age. 

Like I said, it sucks as how slow we heal as we get older. Like @Robert Hall did, I am thinking of getting a Jacuzzi next year after I finish the backyard remodel which got postponed due to my son buying a fixer upper Home for his growing family. He surprised his mom and I that he and his wife are expecting, so going to be a grandpa again, so now extra effort to get the new home ready for the family to move into.

Been using Tylenol/Advil to get through the hours of standing and working on the house.

Will say that I am excited to hear from @regfootball on an update on his Tour-X love/hate at 37,000 miles.

Will say, I would love a lifted AWD Tour-X as I think it would be a great auto especially in EV form for folks to drive. Imagine with the right packaging a huge FRUNK on that station wagon.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 11:02 AM, ccap41 said:

Little did we know how bad it would get... 

I'll be sure to get back with some updated thoughts on the car.  In the meantime, this evening, the light and sun was hitting the car in an interesting way, so I whipped out the phone cam and took a few more pics.  The camera didn't quite pick up how interesting with the color very well.  A little over 4 years and the odd just passed 37,000 miles.

IMG_4387.jpeg

IMG_4389.jpeg

IMG_4390.jpeg

IMG_4391.jpeg

IMG_4392.jpeg

Edited by regfootball
  • Oh Yeah! 2

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, regfootball said:

Recent oil change again. Sitting at about 43,000 miles now. The dealership has a great car wash!

image.thumb.jpeg.60b785342bbbbdec8966f841732ed106.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.00e3df06a9749f30b7b5cafb0a71f3c9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f2fded6ef5ebc665030e42d8752798a.jpeg

Sharp Looking Ride!!!