Oasis Tops Beatles

Croc

Those two cocky bastards are so very annoying.

Off to the who do you hate thread I go...

"Champagne Supernova" is a pretty cool song. The rest of their discography can be flushed down the toilet.

"Champagne Supernova" is a pretty cool song. The rest of their discography can be flushed down the toilet.

They have several good ones...

I like Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Hello, Morning Glory off that disc...then I like Don't Go Away, Hindu Times, Live Forever, Slide Away, Lyla, Guess God Made Me Abel, Turn Up The Sun, The Meaning of Soul, She Is Love, and maybe one or two others. The only "bad" album IMO is Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants...too many lackluster tracks.

the fact that queen made the list... but isnt on the top 5 AND got beaten by the sex pistols... immediately discredits it as far as im concerned... if it was the clash then maybe... MAYBE itd be acceptable... but not the sex pistols

So was this list compiled by some 17 year old girl with

Prince William posters on the wall?

Pink Floyd, ther Beatles and a lot of other bands,

British or not have more staying power than

these over rated morons. Oasis was a stain on

the sheets when those guys were superstars.

Even David Bowe & Wings will be remembered

after Oasis is long forgoten.

Edited by Sixty8panther

This shows that Croc likes to repeat earlier arguments, just for old times' sake, I guess.

:lol: I saw it in the paper and thought it was amusing given the previous thread. This shows that ocnblu likes to continue finding things to complain about regarding Croc, just for old times' sake, I guess.

Guest Josh

I dont like any of the "poppy" music.

Sign me up for some country or southern rock any day of the week and you've got yourself one hell of a party.

Southern rock is good. Every time the radio plays Lynard Skynard I blast it and do a terrible job singing along to "Sweet Home Alabama." What can I say...you can take the dude out of Indiana but you can't take the Indiana out of the dude. 8)

Skynyrd have several other great songs besides

Sweet Home Alabama, not that you'd know it if

you're a casual classic rock listener. "Freebird"

is a great tune for instance.

Um, I really hope that Croc's heard of Freebird, especially since every concert that has had idiot drunks over the past 30 years has had had someone who requested it before the night was over. Which leads me to one of my favorite commentaries about music ever, courtesy of Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse, when a fan requested Freebird.

"Life is too f@#king short to play or hear Freebird"

And Two of my favorite Skynyrd songs: All I Can Do is Write About It and Saturday Night Special. It just amuses me how liberal some of their political songs are to be considered such a redneck band. Plus All I Can Do has one of the coolest lines in any song ever. "There ain't no place I ain't never gone." That's right, not a single, double, or even triple, but a QUADRUPLE NEGATIVE! 8)

And I like the Beatles, though I wouldn't consider them my favorite by any stretch of the imagination. And I'm not really familiar with Oasis.

Edited by Enzora

Um, I really hope that Croc's heard of Freebird...

well... since he mentioned S.H.A. I just thought I'd

mention the 2nd most over-played Skynyrd song too. :AH-HA_wink:

if i leeeeeaaaave here tomorrooooow....

would you still remembeeeeerrrrrr me....

etc etc... freebird is a great song... but it takes soooooo damn long... haha

I think the regular version of Freebird is too short actually...

XP introduced me to the Platinum & Gold version of Freebird,

that song is about 34 minutes long with a half dozen piano

solos.... and like a f&%king intermission. :o:yes:

Darn it, like I said in the previous thread, posted months ago, I was a fan of Oasis, I like a lot of their songs, but they haven't, and never will, have anywhere near the cultural impact The Beatles did, and still do, all over the world. *whew, long sentence, lots of commas*

What? You want me to read the article?

EDIT: ok, I read the article. I have Revolver and What's the Story..., and two Blur records. Oh, and several Radiohead records.

So, this is British writers of a knockoff of Rolling Stone who prolly weren't even alive when The Beatles were new on the scene. Fair enough, within that context then.

Edited by ocnblu

*sigh* maybe you should read the article.  This was a survey on best albums, not cultural impact.  Elvis still wins that one, anyway.

agreed... no elvis... no beatles... no beatles... no led zeppelin or black sabbath... no zep or sabbath... no metal... and then where would we be? somewhere in a hell hole of teeny pop and rap is where... and thats a scary thought...