Drew Dowdell

Ford News: Mustang Mach E Is The Name For the New Ford EV

18 hours ago, USA-1 said:

...'69 light green Buick Electra 455 big block, man she was a torque monster, pulled pretty hard when you stood on it from a stop nice floaty but solid Caddy-like ride being based off the Eldorado...

Not related to FWD Eldorado at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Not related to FWD Eldorado at all.

My bad Balth. I was thinking the FWD Eldo didn't start until the mid 70's. The Electra was definitely a RWD 455 BB 💪🏻🇺🇸

27 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

My bad Balth. I was thinking the FWD Eldo didn't start until the mid 70's. The Electra was definitely a RWD 455 BB 💪🏻🇺🇸

The Electra was a C-body w/ some shared structure w/ the Olds 98 and Caddy Calais/deVille...

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

The Electra was a C-body w/ some shared structure w/ the Olds 98 and Caddy Calais/deVille...

Yep, I was thinking the '69 Caddy Coupe deVille, '69 Electra just didn't have the defined fins like the iconic Caddy.

High School buddy's Dad had a white '69 Coupe deVille with the 472ci BB. Such a sweet car!

image.png.8a7e11b168633a379c417f7ee48c5461.pngimage.png.3f738b2ad65f1b253f78a2159b3f3492.pngimage.png.f1675ab61a4f0370722e098add09fa85.png

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Firewall & above the beltline; hardly worth mentioning.

1 hour ago, USA-1 said:

69 Coupe deVille with the 472ci BB.

[I probably could stop myself if I really tried.]

Cadillac V8 wasn’t a big block... because there wasn’t also a small block.

[I apologize.]

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Firewall & above the beltline; hardly worth mentioning.

Chassis and internal panels also, door inner panels, etc, I would think?   Suspension?     I know in olden days GM had a lot less standardization across brands than they did from '77 onward. 

On a semi-related topic, a Hollander Interchange Manual seems like it would be a lot of fun to pour through.

Edited by Robert Hall

Chassis: no. The rest I’m not completely sure of. I would think the doors might be different lengths relative to the chassis. They don’t interchange, regardless.

Point was, they’re certainly unique enough, being under the same corporate umbrella, that mentioning any interchanges is irrelevant.

Edited by balthazar

‘sup potential tesla buyer, wanna buy a mustang-branded EV?!?!?!? you don’t get an actual mustang, but you get a brand synonymous with mullets, repressed hatred of father’s, toxic masculinity and whitesnake!!!!’

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, FAPTurbo said:

‘sup potential tesla buyer, wanna buy a mustang-branded EV?!?!?!? you don’t get an actual mustang, but you get a brand synonymous with mullets, repressed hatred of father’s, toxic masculinity and whitesnake!!!!’

I did not know how to feel when I first read this post.  My inner toxic masculinity got offended :D

I was upset when they fired Don Cherry plus your post and my inner toxic masculinity went haywire and got confused...

But seriously. I wanted to laugh at this post, because there was slight humour in it. But then..I got to thinking. The way its written, its like the brand of Mustang is ONLY of mullets, toxic masculinity and Whitesnake... and its a bad thing...

1. OK...Whitesnake.  Hair metal rock...mullets....

Not really.

Whitesnake.  Those are Jaguars.

Image result for here i go again whitesnake jaguar gif"

2. Its only rock-n-roll, man.  But, Id accept if you had said Bon Jovi.  The Gino/New Jersey/Italian mullet hair style driving Mustangs and Camaros I could see, but that was a thing that existed only in the 1980s...

And no toxic masculinity there.

Just awesome machismo that today's males sorely lack!!! 

3. Which leads me to reason #3.

The Mustang in the 1960s was driven by the coolest cat of them all.

All the while being one of the coolest rides of them all....of ALL TIME in ANY generation and MARKET.

Image result for bullitt mustang steve mcqueen gif"

4. In the 1990s and into the 2000s, any mullet, or Ice Ice Baby 5.0 references have all been forgotten. 

And what you get is just the awesome branding of what Mustang is all about.

Movies that featured the Mustang as a backdrop. 

War of the Worlds

I am Legend

The remake of Gone in 60 seconds

Although I agree, that naming the EV as a Mustang branded EV may not be the brightest move (or it could be GENIUS  Image result for i don't know emoji" ), its not because the Mustang has a negative connotation, but because it might screw with the Mustang name...

Not so old Rolling Stones song...Like I said...its just Rock-N-Roll!!!

Toxic Femininity?

Edited by oldshurst442

Oh come on a couple Canadians, Mustangs and no one brings up Gino Vanelli

R-2289849-1352516051-5320.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

2. Its only rock-n-roll, man.  But, Id accept if you had said Bon Jovi.  The Gino/New Jersey/Italian mullet hair style driving Mustangs and Camaros I could see, but that was a thing that existed only in the 1980s...

I did mention Gino...

And yes, I had him in mind.  :D

Edited by oldshurst442

On 11/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, oldshurst442 said:

I did not know how to feel when I first read this post.  My inner toxic masculinity got offended :D

I will now consume Geritol and Metamucil and proceed to ramble for a few hundred words.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blake Noble said:

spacer.png

Actually, he's a Gen Xer....

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 4:07 PM, frogger said:

Never heard of him.

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Never heard of him.

He was bigger in Canada, but had a couple top 40 hits in the US in the late 70s-early 80s.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:07 PM, frogger said:

BLACK CARS LOOK BETTER IN THE SHADE

On 11/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, Robert Hall said:

He was bigger in Canada, but had a couple top 40 hits in the US in the late 70s-early 80s.

In my big vinyl buying binge the last couple years I find now that I have like six Gino Vannelli albums.....I am one of the few I believe that have Gino CD’s