Jump to content

The Chevy Trailblazer Thinks You Don't Want a Cruze: Comments


Drew Dowdell

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ocnblu said:

This thing has a LOT of stuff on it!

Not entirely true.  

Maybe a 1 point 3 liter turbo tri cylinder could be called a performance package. But in my honest and most humble opinion, I think  these here 4 horsepers are more unbridled and hence....more performance oriented...

Image result for ben hur chariot race gif"

 

I think this new CUV is missing quite a few things...

I was a teenager in the malaise era 1980s, and it seems like we are already witnessing mid to late 1970s and 1980s  performance garbage again...

But hey!!!  We got wireless charging cup holders now!   YIPPE THE FREAKING HEE!!! 

*SIGH*

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys make me laff.  What's weird is, the Encore GX has like 7.4 inches ground clearance, it is about an inch lower than the Trailblazer in height, it has less claimed rear legroom, and a smaller cargo hold.  Yet it starts around $4k higher then the Chivvy.  If that is badge engineering, then Buick got the short end of the stick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

You guys make me laff.  What's weird is, the Encore GX has like 7.4 inches ground clearance, it is about an inch lower than the Trailblazer in height, it has less claimed rear legroom, and a smaller cargo hold.  Yet it starts around $4k higher then the Chivvy.  If that is badge engineering, then Buick got the short end of the stick.

Well, think of the Chevy as the practical CUV and the Buick as the personal luxury CUV, less practical..  and it should be more expensive, since Buick is the middle brand..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Well, think of the Chevy as the practical CUV and the Buick as the personal luxury CUV, less practical..  and it should be more expensive, since Buick is the middle brand..

Ground clearance and overall height differences are fine with me, but less rear legroom and a smaller "trunk" are less savory in a premium CUV when its younger brother gives me more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Ground clearance and overall height differences are fine with me, but less rear legroom and a smaller "trunk" are less savory in a premium CUV when its younger brother gives me more.

Well, in the subcompact class, they aren't exactly for hauling around 4 adults..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Well, in the subcompact class, they aren't exactly for hauling around 4 adults..

I think 39.4 inches rear legroom is great for the class, and plenty roomy for adults back there if the sunroof isn't ordered.  Victims of pituitary issues might not have enough headroom, but hey... don't care.  No one plays basketball in my famiry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

I think 39.4 inches rear legroom is great for the class, and plenty roomy for adults back there if the sunroof isn't ordered.  Victims of pituitary issues might not have enough headroom, but hey... don't care.  No one plays basketball in my famiry.

I don't know how the TB and Enky GX compare to the Trax on front seat space, and I haven't ridden in the back of the Trax, but I have plenty of room up front even at 6' 0" and with a sunroof the times I've driven and ridden in it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robert Hall said:

I don't know how the TB and Enky GX compare to the Trax on front seat space, and I haven't ridden in the back of the Trax, but I have plenty of room up front even at 6' 0" and with a sunroof the times I've driven and ridden in it...

Rear seat passengers suffer more because the glass slides into a pocket that lowers the headliner in the rear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...