2020 Cadillac CT6-V // This BLACKWING V8 is a Performance MONSTER!

Badass ride for sure! Not bad MPG's considering what you're getting. Can't wait to sit in and hear it in person, probably drive with Caddy dealer buddy.

Edited by USA-1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like they want it to sound like an AMG but no one does exhaust like AMG.  Maybe Ferrari or Maserati do.   This is maybe more in line with a Jaguar or something in sound.  

There are a lot of faster sedans than the CT6-V though, I think this car won’t be around long so grab em while you can.

2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Sounds like they want it to sound like an AMG but no one does exhaust like AMG.  Maybe Ferrari or Maserati do.   This is maybe more in line with a Jaguar or something in sound.  

There are a lot of faster sedans than the CT6-V though, I think this car won’t be around long so grab em while you can.

Yeah because a SBC LS/LT exhaust in a Corvette or Camaro sound horrible right? GM isn't trying to sound like an AMG, they know how to make their own great exhaust sound, the CTS-V 6.2L LSA and LT4 sounded badass as well. This Blackwing V8 is a work of art, GM bean counters just need to step back and let it ride, these CT6-V Blackwings sold out in just a couple weeks at most.

Certain AMG's sound pretty good, but an American SB V8 sounds pretty badass as well with the right exhaust system.

There's only 1 car that's the fastest, yet people continue to buy others cars for a wide variety of reasons. Also, the fastest seldom, if ever, outsells the others, again; for a wide variety of reasons. Imagine that shit.

It seems like a great package in a helluva good looker. Some folk might have to actually step up & buy it; so great is their surprise it's here when they said Cadillac would never do their own V8 again.

• Upvote 1

I think it is good Cadillac did their own V8, I have been saying that for 10 years.  But rumors are the Blackwing V8 dies with the CT6 since they are not putting it in Escalade or CT5 and are not building another Omega platform car.

• Sad 1

I’ve read some comments from people who somehow think there’ll be no room for the CT6 in D-Ham because of EV production, when 1. EV production will only be a trickle and 2. D-Ham has more square footage (4.1M) than Clark Street did when it was producing the vast bulk of 350K units (2.5M).

On 11/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, balthazar said:

I’ve read some comments from people who somehow think there’ll be no room for the CT6 in D-Ham because of EV production, when 1. EV production will only be a trickle and 2. D-Ham has more square footage (4.1M) than Clark Street did when it was producing the vast bulk of 350K units (2.5M).

Regardless of capacity, will GM keep a low volume product around on a chassis that is only used for 1 model?  It's not a front drive crossover or a pick up truck so GM beancounters will probably look to kill it.

My point was; some people have been saying because D-Ham is getting EVs, that there 'won't be any room for the CT6 / means automatically that's it's dead', but that's disproved easily.

GM has built many many single-model vehicles. Corvette also isn't a CUV or truck, for one example.
Plans continually evolve.

My recommendation is; if you like it, buy it! Worrying if the same model name will still be around in 7 or 9 years is pointless today.

Edited by balthazar
On 11/30/2019 at 5:22 AM, ocnblu said:

I read a report that Mercedes is bringing back the V-12 on the next S-Class!

That they are, I assume for Maybach, because I don't think AMG wants to use it, I think AMG is going to do a V8 hybrid for the S73.  Although will be interesting to see if that V12 gets an update with the 48 volt mild hybrid, because that V12 has had the same horsepower/torque ratings for nearly 15 years.

Fresh from Auto Show. Beauty cover sounds and feels like cast aluminum not plastic and notice the had built signature plate to the left. Pretty sweet!

1130401617_CaddyBlackwingTTV8_2.jpg.4b3d2594d26c71e6d26a6834bbe0c6f9.jpg

1679633746_CaddyBlackwingTTV8.jpg.228b6e09f66d43b0ff3484d3402f3c0b.jpg

• Upvote 2