Tesla Logs 200,000 Pre-Orders for New Cybertruck

5 hours ago, NINETY EIGHT REGENCY said:

With only $100 deposit unlike the $1,000 deposit on the Tesla 3, one has to wonder just how much churn this will end up causing. I doubt 50% of those are realistic actual buyers and more of a person bragging about I have a reservation for the truck and by next month they will ask for their money back.

• Upvote 1

A couple friends put in deposits on them.   Never owned trucks.  One has a Prius and one a Model 3 currently.  Will be interesting to see if they carry through and buy them. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, balthazar said:

^ Electro-philes.

Gotta love the rivalry and Fords response. :roflmao: Me think the 4x4 and not a RWD only would eat Cybertruck lunch. :P Course put it up against the F150 EV and I suspect it will still clearly eat up the Cybertruck like a Piranha eats up a human.

LOL ppl are complaining they're being charged multiple times (like an EV battery!) for their Cybertruck reservations... which artificially inflates the REPORTED number of reservations for this amateur POS. 

maxresdefault.jpg

41 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

LOL ppl are complaining they're being charged multiple times (like an EV battery!) for their Cybertruck reservations... which artificially inflates the REPORTED number of reservations for this amateur POS. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Please post the news stories as I do NOT find anything that there is a reservation problem.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Please post the news stories as I do NOT find anything that there is a reservation problem.

Well I'll be damned.  The article on Autoblog has disappeared.  People were reporting multiple charges on their credit cards after they reserved one of these tinfoil covered pinewood derby contraptions.  Interesting.

• Haha 1

No surprise people are seeing issues w/ reserving a Tesla product, googling 'Tesla reservation issues' brings up a bunch of old articles....their systems are probably new and hacked together crapware..they are running as fast as they can with little to no testing or quality control I suspect...

Tesla definitely seems to play like a tech startup more than a mature auto builder...they slam stuff together and roll out changes quickly with many corporate aspects barely there.   The buyers are beta testers of a sort..   I wonder how long they can continue to play fast and loose..

They aren't on this recent JD Power survey result list...I'd assume they would be below Land Rover and Jaguar.. (not enough sample size).

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2019-initial-quality-study-iqs

Then again, no one buys a Tesla for quality or luxury, but for the novelty and tech. 

Edited by Robert Hall
2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Tesla definitely seems to play like a tech startup more than a mature auto builder...they slam stuff together and roll out changes quickly with many corporate aspects barely there.   The buyers are beta testers of a sort..   I wonder how long they can continue to play fast and loose.

as opposed to slamming people together

image.thumb.png.4737f1e60e119b925669bd4a25f017d8.png

image.thumb.png.924c50e79c9ea4e74ce34013338b4af2.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by FAPTurbo
  • Upvote 1

Where did I "stick up" for a corporation??

Tesla's 'slamming stuff together' is no different than any other corporation slamming stuff together. Only difference is Tesla sells such an infinitesimal volume that the corporate negligence racks up much smaller numbers.