Jump to content
Drew Dowdell

Ask Me Anything: 2020 Hyundai Palisade AWD

Recommended Posts

IMG_20191127_140956.jpgIn the C&G garage for the week is the 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD with a sticker price of $47,605. This is Hyundai's newest SUV, at least until the diminutive Hyundai Venue takes its place at the other end of the size spectrum.  The first impression I got from the Palisade was how big it is.  Even though it is around 7 inches shorter than a Buick Enclave, it looks bigger and beefier. Being a Limited means that it is in top trim with only carpeted floor mats as an additional option.  It's powered by a 3.8 liter naturally aspirated V6 producing 291 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque and equipped with start/stop.  On my quick initial test drive I found the start/stop function to be unobtrusive and quick to restart the vehicle when I was ready to roll.  Another immediate impression was with the sound quality of the Harmon Kardon sound system. I hooked my phone up via USB and Android Auto took over, playing my favorite Pandora station loud and clear. 

Another feature I like is the video display in the dash when using the turn signal. It helps clear any blind spots one might have in this big SUV. 

So while you're stuffing your faces with turkey this Thursday, think of questions you have about the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and post them below.

2020 Hyundai Palisade qqmonroney[9116].jpg


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice try, but it's an ugly take on the signature Cadillac front LED lightpipes. Like you said @Drew Dowdell trying to emulate Escalade. Nice try Hyun...🤢

So much for being "Assembled in U.S.A." like so many think about many of the foreign cars in this country. 91% Korean parts...Final Assembly Korea.

Where are the last 6% of parts from China and they didn't want to show it? 😂

All in support of Korea if one buys it...👎🏻👎🏻

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I love the Sierra Burgundy color. 😍

Over all nice SUV, but I will stick with my Escalade. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While i can understand how it would be attractive in the market, I can't like this thing.  Anything Hyundai or Kia still reeks of faux to me up and down.  I would spend a bit more for an Exploder or a Traverse or Enclave or even an Atlas.  Just like I wouldn't get a G70 over even an Alfa or something, unless a huge discount was involved.

My wife is hinting at not wanting the next vehicle to be so large, or have the third row.  We must be moving out of that phase of life.  I will give credit to the Palisade for not being so ungainly feeling from a size perspective. 

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USA-1 said:

Nice try, but it's an ugly take on the signature Cadillac front LED lightpipes. Like you said @Drew Dowdell trying to emulate Escalade. Nice try Hyun...🤢

So much for being "Assembled in U.S.A." like so many think about many of the foreign cars in this country. 91% Korean parts...Final Assembly Korea.

Where are the last 6% of parts from China and they didn't want to show it? 😂

All in support of Korea if one buys it...👎🏻👎🏻

Good thing American companies like GM build all their cars and make all their components right here is the good old USA.

 

Oh wait.

 

And “light pipes”? Seriously?

 

What should make you mad is that this looks better, on the inside and outside, than the Cadillac it competes with, the XT6. The most hilarious part here is that you didn’t mention the one MUCH MORE OBVIOUS thing that Hyundai copied here. The profile is almost 100% Tahoe (it can join the Expedition in that department). 

 

Oh no! Guess that makes me a Hyundai fanboy now! Oh, the horror!

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it better than a Telluride?  Palisade and Telluride seem to be the top 2 full size crossovers on the market right now.   I assume the V6 is enough for 90% of the people that buy this, but always wonder if a turbo V6 would sell, perhaps not to this crowd, maybe on the Genesis version.

I guess question 2 is should they make a bigger one to go after Ford Expedition and Tahoe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Good thing American companies like GM build all their cars and make all their components right here is the good old USA.

 

Oh wait.

 

And “light pipes”? Seriously?

 

What should make you mad is that this looks better, on the inside and outside, than the Cadillac it competes with, the XT6. The most hilarious part here is that you didn’t mention the one MUCH MORE OBVIOUS thing that Hyundai copied here. The profile is almost 100% Tahoe (it can join the Expedition in that department). 

 

Oh no! Guess that makes me a Hyundai fanboy now! Oh, the horror!

Where did I ever say GM builds all of their cars and makes all components here? Again, putting words in someone else's mouth. GM builds some makes in other countries because it's one way of getting away from the greedy UAW here.

GM is an American company so the money goes to a company based here to strengthen our U.S. GDP. Get it? So all of this CUV is Korean made and built which all goes to Korea. How does that benefit us here? It doesn't. That was my point that you missed again...

Drew D. has even agreed and stated previously that they are targeting Escalade with this CUV, as ridiculous as that seems on their part.

 

Thanks for noticing my post and taking the time to reply. It means the world to me! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when does the Genesis version come out?  No automaker can live on cars alone these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Is it better than a Telluride?  Palisade and Telluride seem to be the top 2 full size crossovers on the market right now.   I assume the V6 is enough for 90% of the people that buy this, but always wonder if a turbo V6 would sell, perhaps not to this crowd, maybe on the Genesis version.

I guess question 2 is should they make a bigger one to go after Ford Expedition and Tahoe?

It would have to be a BOF truck chassis SUV to actually be able to go after Tahoe and Expedition which Hyundai doesn't have. The one mid size BOF they had years ago Borrego or whatever retarded Hyundai name it was didn't sell well at all because it was a POS. 

34 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

So when does the Genesis version come out?  No automaker can live on cars alone these days.

Genesis needs to figure out cars before they can go after CUV's. New G90 is as ugly as they come. Horrible front end design and the back end looks pretty bland.

Clearly a mishmash of 4 different design cues of competitors cars.

Edited by USA-1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

It would have to be a BOF truck chassis SUV to actually be able to go after Tahoe and Expedition which Hyundai doesn't have. The one mid size BOF they had years ago Borrego or whatever retarded Hyundai name it was didn't sell well at all because it was a POS. 

Genesis needs to figure out cars before they can go after CUV's. New G90 is as ugly as they come. Horrible front end design and the back end looks pretty bland.

Clearly a mishmash of 4 different design cues of competitors cars.

I don't think it has to be body on frame, the Cybertruck isn't and can out-tow and out-haul an F150.    A 4x4 Expedition tows 9,200 lbs when properly equipped and a Tahoe is 8600 lbs.  And both those are like 6,500 lbs in standard set up.  A unibody Mercedes GLS is 7500, so we aren't talking huge differences, probably not something that is a deal breaker for most buyers.  Hyundai could make a BOF chassis, although I highly doubt they would bother, unless they are doing a full size pickup truck.

Genesis needs SUVs, they don't need to figure out cars, they could make 1-2 cars and throw 5 SUVs on the market, that is what sells.  I was actually thinking earlier, Lincoln will likely be an SUV only company by 2021, Cadillac by 2024 (maybe CT5 stays,  CT4 and CT6 will be dead by then), Lexus will be down to ES and LS, Infiniti the Q50 and Acura a TSLX class sedan.  I could see those 5 luxury brands making a total of 5 sedans by 2024.   And maybe NSX and LC stick around as halo coupes, but the American and Japanese luxury brands are going to run away from cars.  Genesis is wasting time in a dying market that the Germans have already won and pushed everyone else out of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

So when does the Genesis version come out?  No automaker can live on cars alone these days.

Not till next year at the earliest, possibly 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I don't think it has to be body on frame, the Cybertruck isn't and can out-tow and out-haul an F150.    A 4x4 Expedition tows 9,200 lbs when properly equipped and a Tahoe is 8600 lbs.  And both those are like 6,500 lbs in standard set up.  A unibody Mercedes GLS is 7500, so we aren't talking huge differences, probably not something that is a deal breaker for most buyers.  Hyundai could make a BOF chassis, although I highly doubt they would bother, unless they are doing a full size pickup truck.

Genesis needs SUVs, they don't need to figure out cars, they could make 1-2 cars and throw 5 SUVs on the market, that is what sells.  I was actually thinking earlier, Lincoln will likely be an SUV only company by 2021, Cadillac by 2024 (maybe CT5 stays,  CT4 and CT6 will be dead by then), Lexus will be down to ES and LS, Infiniti the Q50 and Acura a TSLX class sedan.  I could see those 5 luxury brands making a total of 5 sedans by 2024.   And maybe NSX and LC stick around as halo coupes, but the American and Japanese luxury brands are going to run away from cars.  Genesis is wasting time in a dying market that the Germans have already won and pushed everyone else out of.

Still apples to oranges comparing this Hyundai to a BOF fullsize Tahoe or Expedition. Unibody CUV's don't tow anywhere near what a BOF SUV can which is why most buy them. So maybe a Traverse fullsize FWD/AWD 3.6 V6 CUV would be a better comparison maybe Buick Enclave if the loaded version.

Cyborgtruck is a very rigid skateboard platform to haul all the battery weight, just like any BEV, totally different platform compared to a standard CUV uni-body sub-frame setup, pretty hard to compare them as well.

The luxury segment will always need sedans and have buyers, the Livery guys love the larger XTS, CT6, LS, S Class.

So you think the Germans won't have to follow what the market dictates, but every other manufacturer will? LOL! They've all sold fewer sedans this year and last. MB is going through a huge restructuring, you know that dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not comparing Palisade to a Tahoe, I am saying Hyundai can make something bigger than Palisade with a turbo 6 or V8.  I doubt they care to enter that market though.

German luxury sedans sell, they still do okay here, better than others, but they sell in Europe and China too.  Lexus GS, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti Q-whatever all rely on USA for the bulk of their sales and they don’t even sell here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyundai's don't have the reliability image to even thing about entering a segment that GM reliable fullsize SUV's dominate. Even Ford struggles to compete with the GM SUV's solid offerings. New Exped./Navi caught up, but the loyalty isn't there and EB V6 only in both is a horrible idea need a V8 option. New 2021 fullsize GM triplets will help keep the lead. 

BMW over MB in my book. Cadillac CTS sold pretty well here (2nd and 3rd Gen.) when comparative sedans were still selling well. Cadillac also has a dedicated factory in China and sell the ATS-L basically a CTS they call an ATS-L (long version) as well as XTS and CT6. They are opening new franchise dealerships in the UAE and Dubai to capture some of that luxury market as well.

Edited by USA-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Hyundai's don't have the reliability image to even thing about entering a segment that GM reliable fullsize SUV's dominate. Even Ford struggles to compete with the GM SUV's solid offerings. New Exped./Navi caught up, but the loyalty isn't there and EB V6 only in both is a horrible idea need a V8 option. New 2021 fullsize GM triplets will help keep the lead. 

BMW over MB in my book. Cadillac CTS sold pretty well here (2nd and 3rd Gen.) when comparative sedans were still selling well. Cadillac also has a dedicated factory in China and sell the ATS-L basically a CTS they call an ATS-L (long version) as well as XTS and CT6. They are opening new franchise dealerships in the UAE and Dubai to capture some of that luxury market as well.

Hyundai reliability seems to have been stealing sedan and crossover sales of GM and Ford for years, thus why the Elantra and Sonata are still here and Focus, Cruze and Fusion are not.

Cadillac’s global volume is about 300k units, Audi, BMW and MB are over 2 million so Cadillac has some work to do in that regard.  Genesis even more so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Hyundai reliability seems to have been stealing sedan and crossover sales of GM and Ford for years, thus why the Elantra and Sonata are still here and Focus, Cruze and Fusion are not.

Cadillac’s global volume is about 300k units, Audi, BMW and MB are over 2 million so Cadillac has some work to do in that regard.  Genesis even more so.

It's not reliability that sell them. It's that they are cheaper with a longer warranty, that's what sells them and John and Jane Q Public who have no clue what they are buying, just that it's cheaper and has a longer warranty...that they'll need.

I never said Cadillac sells as many sedans as the German sedans, but they also lost a lot of their image in the 80's and 90's with horrible GM top brass making terrible decisions. I'm proud of Cadillac as a storied American brand and where they've taken in the last 15+ yrs.   

Genesis is a work in progress if it even survives, it's been on a lifeline for a few years now, wasn't making it as a Hyundai Genesis. There's a reason they changed the name dropping Hyundai from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genesis needs a SUVs and they’ll be fine.  The Palisade is better than the new Explorer based on reviews so make a luxury version and it will beat Lincoln or Infiniti or the XT6 and Genesis will have sales.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Hyundai reliability seems to have been stealing sedan and crossover sales of GM and Ford for years, thus why the Elantra and Sonata are still here and Focus, Cruze and Fusion are not.

Sure but outside of trucks and SUV's have GM's been lauded or notable for their reliability over other brands?

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, smk4565 said:

I don't think it has to be body on frame, the Cybertruck isn't and can out-tow and out-haul an F150.    A 4x4 Expedition tows 9,200 lbs when properly equipped and a Tahoe is 8600 lbs.  And both those are like 6,500 lbs in standard set up.  A unibody Mercedes GLS is 7500, so we aren't talking huge differences....

Tesla outpulled a 2WD F-150 with a rolling start. But you forget there is a 250, 350 (& more) above the F-150 that could out tow 2 Teslas daisy-chained together. I know the Ram tows up to 35,000, or going on triple what Tesla claims; Ford is in that neighborhood without a doubt.

But the Tesla is marketed as a pickup, not an SUV. Silverado 1500 3.0TD is rated at 9300, but the 6.2 is rated for 13,400. 

Anyone know what engine was in the F-150 tug of war? 

Edited by balthazar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Tesla outpulled a 2WD F-150 with a rolling start. But you forget there is a 250, 350 (& more) above the F-150 that could out tow 2 Teslas daisy-chained together. I know the Ram tows up to 35,000, or going on triple what Tesla claims; Ford is in that neighborhood without a doubt.

But the Tesla is marketed as a pickup, not an SUV. A 1500 Silverado is around 11,500, I think (which is under-rated), or quite comparable to Tesla’s claim. I haven’t seen the 1500 3.0TD’s rating yet...

The tri-motor Cybertruck would win a tug of war against a Super Duty F350, probably with ease due to the electric motors.   In fact, I bet the Tesla Roadster would win a tug of war with an F350.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, balthazar said:

There is no tesla roadster, Musk shot it into space, remember?

Maybe he was referring to the new Tesla Roadster due in the future.  Supposed to have outrageous statistics...like 0-60 in less than 0 seconds or something... 😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Tesla outpulled a 2WD F-150 with a rolling start. But you forget there is a 250, 350 (& more) above the F-150 that could out tow 2 Teslas daisy-chained together. I know the Ram tows up to 35,000, or going on triple what Tesla claims; Ford is in that neighborhood without a doubt.

But the Tesla is marketed as a pickup, not an SUV. Silverado 1500 3.0TD is rated at 9300, but the 6.2 is rated for 13,400. 

Anyone know what engine was in the F-150 tug of war? 

It's irrelevant with these tug-of-war games. It's always the truck to break traction first that loses no matter what's under the hood. If they were both 4WD with it engaged and they both regulated the throttle the same then it would come down to which trucks drivetrain breaks first...weakest link.

Edited by USA-1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, USA-1 said:

Where did I ever say GM builds all of their cars and makes all components here? Again, putting words in someone else's mouth. GM builds some makes in other countries because it's one way of getting away from the greedy UAW here.

GM is an American company so the money goes to a company based here to strengthen our U.S. GDP. Get it? So all of this CUV is Korean made and built which all goes to Korea. How does that benefit us here? It doesn't. That was my point that you missed again...

Drew D. has even agreed and stated previously that they are targeting Escalade with this CUV, as ridiculous as that seems on their part.

 

Thanks for noticing my post and taking the time to reply. It means the world to me! 😂

Aaaaaaand.....triggered. 
 

Thanks for playing and displaying your continued inability to understand context. (Looks for Drew’s mention of the led piping and finds nothing in this article yet finds a fair amount of praise for it). 
 

And the whole “made in the USA” schtick is fake outrage when one realizes that they are posting said outrage on a device NOT made in the USA. And do you think the folks who work at the many foreign car plants in this country give two $h!s about where the money ends up? No. They are getting paid and putting THEIR money back into the economy. Now apply your “Made in the USA” motto to everything you own and then realize how asinine it sounds when you realize how hypocritical you are. 

Edited by surreal1272

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

(Looks for Drew’s mention of the led piping and finds nothing in this article yet finds a fair amount of praise for it).

 

Aaaaaaand....this was easy to find. Anything else you need help with Errol Hassol? 😂

 

985348799_DrewD.takeonHyundaiPalisade.thumb.JPG.1512c78db4660cc6bce0716b92e5c5b1.JPG

Edited by USA-1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Social Stream

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      I’ve driven my fair share of Challengers on both extremes - from the standard V6 to the high-performance SRT and Hellcat models. But I never had any time behind the wheel of the R/T with its 5.7 V8. That changed in the summer when a bright orange Charger R/T Shaker was dropped off for a week. This allowed me to ask a question that has been sitting in my head for some time: Is the R/T the best bang for your buck in the Challenger family?
      The Shaker sets itself apart from other Challenger models with the use of a ‘Shaker’ scoop that prominently pops up from the hood. There is also a blackout treatment on several trim pieces and wheels that make it look even more imposing on the road. Along with the scoop, the Shaker package does add a new cold-air intake seated right in front of the driver’s side corner. This addition should boost the output of the 5.7L HEMI V8 (372 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque when paired with the eight-speed automatic. But FCA’s spec sheet doesn’t say anything about the Shaker Package adding more oomph or not. When you first start up the R/T Shaker, it makes presence known with a deep and loud exhaust note. I had to do a double-take the first time as I was wondering if I was given either an R/T Scat Pack or a Hellcat by mistake. While it may lack the high power numbers of the 6.4 and supercharged 6.2 V8s, the 5.7 is no slouch. 60 mph comes in at just over five seconds and power is seemingly available at any speed. My tester came with the optional Performance Handling Group that adds upgraded springs, sway bars, and a set of Bilstein shocks. This does improve the handling by a fair amount with less body roll. But it doesn’t feel nimble due to a curb weight of around 4,158 pounds. The steering has a quick response, but there is a noticeable lack of road feedback. If you want your muscle car to have some handling, consider the Camaro or Mustang. Nothing new to report on the Challenger’s interior. It still has the angled center stack, retro-inspired gauges, and easy to use UConnect infotainment system. The seats are where the Challenger loses some points as it feels like you’re sitting on top of cinderblocks. The Shaker package is surprisingly good value, adding $2,500 to the base price of the R/T which begins at $34,295. But you’ll need to be careful on the option sheet, or you’ll end up with something quite expensive. My tester came with an as-tested price of $46,555, which is $300 more than an R/T Scat Pack Widebody with the 6.4 HEMI V8.  The Dodge Challenger is getting up there in age and sadly cannot compete with the likes of the Camaro and Mustang in terms of handling. But Dodge is still able to offer a lot of performance in the form of the R/T. With a potent V8 engine, old school styling, and different packages like the Shaker to make your Challenger stand out, the R/T is possibly the best value and well-rounded model in the lineup. Disclaimer: Dodge Provided the Challenger, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2019
      Make: Dodge
      Model: Challenger
      Trim: R/T
      Engine: 5.7 HEMI VVT V8 Engine
      Driveline: Eight-Speed Automatic, Rear-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 372 @ 5,200
      Torque @ RPM: 400 @ 4,400
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 16/25/19
      Curb Weight: 4,158 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: Brampton, Ontario
      Base Price: $34,295
      As Tested Price: $46,555 (Includes $1,495.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      "Shaker" Package - $2,500.00
      TorqueFlite Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission - $1,595.00
      Performance Handling Group - $1,495.00
      Driver Convenience Group - $1,295.00
      Power Sunroof - $1,295.00
      UConnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch Display - $1,095.00
      Alpine Sound Group with Subwoofer - $995.00
      Shakedown Graphics - $495.00

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      I’ve driven my fair share of Challengers on both extremes - from the standard V6 to the high-performance SRT and Hellcat models. But I never had any time behind the wheel of the R/T with its 5.7 V8. That changed in the summer when a bright orange Charger R/T Shaker was dropped off for a week. This allowed me to ask a question that has been sitting in my head for some time: Is the R/T the best bang for your buck in the Challenger family?
      The Shaker sets itself apart from other Challenger models with the use of a ‘Shaker’ scoop that prominently pops up from the hood. There is also a blackout treatment on several trim pieces and wheels that make it look even more imposing on the road. Along with the scoop, the Shaker package does add a new cold-air intake seated right in front of the driver’s side corner. This addition should boost the output of the 5.7L HEMI V8 (372 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque when paired with the eight-speed automatic. But FCA’s spec sheet doesn’t say anything about the Shaker Package adding more oomph or not. When you first start up the R/T Shaker, it makes presence known with a deep and loud exhaust note. I had to do a double-take the first time as I was wondering if I was given either an R/T Scat Pack or a Hellcat by mistake. While it may lack the high power numbers of the 6.4 and supercharged 6.2 V8s, the 5.7 is no slouch. 60 mph comes in at just over five seconds and power is seemingly available at any speed. My tester came with the optional Performance Handling Group that adds upgraded springs, sway bars, and a set of Bilstein shocks. This does improve the handling by a fair amount with less body roll. But it doesn’t feel nimble due to a curb weight of around 4,158 pounds. The steering has a quick response, but there is a noticeable lack of road feedback. If you want your muscle car to have some handling, consider the Camaro or Mustang. Nothing new to report on the Challenger’s interior. It still has the angled center stack, retro-inspired gauges, and easy to use UConnect infotainment system. The seats are where the Challenger loses some points as it feels like you’re sitting on top of cinderblocks. The Shaker package is surprisingly good value, adding $2,500 to the base price of the R/T which begins at $34,295. But you’ll need to be careful on the option sheet, or you’ll end up with something quite expensive. My tester came with an as-tested price of $46,555, which is $300 more than an R/T Scat Pack Widebody with the 6.4 HEMI V8.  The Dodge Challenger is getting up there in age and sadly cannot compete with the likes of the Camaro and Mustang in terms of handling. But Dodge is still able to offer a lot of performance in the form of the R/T. With a potent V8 engine, old school styling, and different packages like the Shaker to make your Challenger stand out, the R/T is possibly the best value and well-rounded model in the lineup. Disclaimer: Dodge Provided the Challenger, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2019
      Make: Dodge
      Model: Challenger
      Trim: R/T
      Engine: 5.7 HEMI VVT V8 Engine
      Driveline: Eight-Speed Automatic, Rear-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 372 @ 5,200
      Torque @ RPM: 400 @ 4,400
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 16/25/19
      Curb Weight: 4,158 lbs
      Location of Manufacture: Brampton, Ontario
      Base Price: $34,295
      As Tested Price: $46,555 (Includes $1,495.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      "Shaker" Package - $2,500.00
      TorqueFlite Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission - $1,595.00
      Performance Handling Group - $1,495.00
      Driver Convenience Group - $1,295.00
      Power Sunroof - $1,295.00
      UConnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch Display - $1,095.00
      Alpine Sound Group with Subwoofer - $995.00
      Shakedown Graphics - $495.00
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Model Sales
      Vehicle
      Dec-19
      Dec-18
      2019 YTD
      2018 YTD
      Accent
      2,311
      3,830
      25,628
      29,090
      Elantra
      18,720
      15,076
      175,094
      200,415
      Ioniq
      1,164
      1,275
      19,574
      15,076
      Kona
      6,678
      8,319
      73,326
      47,090
      Nexo
      15
      8
      267
      44*
      Palisade
      5,654
      0
      28,736
      0
      Santa Fe
      10,350
      11,347
      127,373
      117,038
      Sonata
      7,105
      8,705
      87,466
      105,118
      Tucson
      11,224
      15,384
      137,381
      142,263
      Veloster
      712
      1,161
      12,849
      10,871
      Venue
      787
      0
      1,077
      0
       
      Dec-19
      Dec-18
      2019 YTD
      2018 YTD
      Hyundai
      64,720
      65,107
      688,771
      667,634
    • By Drew Dowdell
      My wheels for the week are a 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE sedan. This one is well equipped with Toyota Safety Sense now standard, Toyota Entune with Apple CarPlay, Adaptive lighting system with automatic high beams, headed seats, and a JBL Premium audio system. It is rated for 29 city / 37 highway and we'll be putting that highway number to the test. We will be taking the Corolla to Northern Virginia for the weekend to visit family for the holidays. 
      The XLE differs from the 2019 Corolla SE hatchback that @William Maley recently tested in that it has the 1.8 liter engine instead of the 2.0 liter. This engine puts out 139 horsepower at 6100 RPM and 126 lb-ft of torque at 3900 rpm. About a 30 horsepower deficit compared to the SE.
       In my initial drive, I found the car to be snappy around town, but things got a little raucous when I went to merge onto the highway. Though it is a CVT, it has a fixed first gear. The fixed first gear does take away from the rubber band feeling most CVTs have. I took the Corolla on a set of twisty roads that I take all test vehicles on and the sedan, while no sports car, felt firmly planted and predictable around the curves. 
      One thing that is surprising is the sticker price; $28,084 for a Corolla without even the biggest engine seems quite steep. 
      So while I'm loading up the trunk with Christmas cheer, fire off any questions you have about the 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE.


      View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      My wheels for the week are a 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE sedan. This one is well equipped with Toyota Safety Sense now standard, Toyota Entune with Apple CarPlay, Adaptive lighting system with automatic high beams, headed seats, and a JBL Premium audio system. It is rated for 29 city / 37 highway and we'll be putting that highway number to the test. We will be taking the Corolla to Northern Virginia for the weekend to visit family for the holidays. 
      The XLE differs from the 2019 Corolla SE hatchback that @William Maley recently tested in that it has the 1.8 liter engine instead of the 2.0 liter. This engine puts out 139 horsepower at 6100 RPM and 126 lb-ft of torque at 3900 rpm. About a 30 horsepower deficit compared to the SE.
       In my initial drive, I found the car to be snappy around town, but things got a little raucous when I went to merge onto the highway. Though it is a CVT, it has a fixed first gear. The fixed first gear does take away from the rubber band feeling most CVTs have. I took the Corolla on a set of twisty roads that I take all test vehicles on and the sedan, while no sports car, felt firmly planted and predictable around the curves. 
      One thing that is surprising is the sticker price; $28,084 for a Corolla without even the biggest engine seems quite steep. 
      So while I'm loading up the trunk with Christmas cheer, fire off any questions you have about the 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE.

  • Recent Status Updates

  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...