Cadillac News: 2021 Cadillac Escalade Leaks Out

Drew Dowdell

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

@smk4565

You are right.  My bad.

The Touareg looks CONSIDERABLY different.  The 1st gen though not so much..

BUT

BUT

SHYTE...the Porsche that costs a lot of $$$ has a lesser brand and model that looks kinda like it...

NOT GOOD ANY WHICH WAY YOU SLICE IT!!!

Yep, the VW Touareg was a Porsche Cayenne through and through, same chassis and AWD, VR6, 8 spd trans. Only difference was the front clip and rear taillights, sides were identical along with doors, mirrors, rear quarters, rear hatch as well. VW actually asked Porsche to build it for them well before they owned Porsche. Just facts I thought I would drop for y'all! :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USA-1 said:

Yep, the VW Touareg was a Porsche Cayenne through and through, same chassis and AWD, VR6, 8 spd trans. Only difference was the front clip and rear taillights, sides were identical along with doors, mirrors, rear quarters, rear hatch as well. VW actually asked Porsche to build it for them well before they owned Porsche. Just facts I thought I would drop for y'all! :D

By that standard, why even sell the Touareg when VW can simply sell the Cayenne and keep all the profits?  BTW, isn't an Audi A5 similar to the Cayenne?

1 hour ago, USA-1 said:

Those were the 1st gen models, a long time ago.  The current 3rd gen models of each are sufficiently differentiated. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Those were the 1st gen models, a long time ago.  The current 3rd gen models of each are sufficiently differentiated. 

Touareg is gone in the US as of 2017 replaced by the Atlas. I'm talking about the '04 -'17 Touareg and '04 - '17 Cayenne which were identical mechanically and shared many body parts as well. It's why the Touareg was so expensive at $50K base MSRP and didn't sell well compared to the competition.

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

By that standard, why even sell the Touareg when VW can simply sell the Cayenne and keep all the profits?  BTW, isn't an Audi A5 similar to the Cayenne?

That's why the Touareg is gone in here in the US, priced too high compared to competition. Didn't' sell well at all, solid SUV, but way overpriced.

Audi Q7 is a slightly longer Cayenne platform, but doesn't share many if any body parts like Touareg/Cayenne did.

Edited by USA-1

This is nicely imposing; textbook Escalade ~

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 10.29.01 PM.png

It looks from this shot that the light pipes again extend thru the outer edges of the headlights, like the previous gen. Would like to see a lit shot to know. Regardless, the lower light pipes continue the recent Cadillac look completely.

Saw a Cadillac coming toward me today in the grey fog, it was over a half mile away yet those light pipes immediately ID'd it. 😎

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

This is nicely imposing; textbook Escalade ~

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 10.29.01 PM.png

Yep, love the black chrome grille and smoked headlights.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

^ I like them both, but I feel the next gen's time has come.
- - - - -
But I do have a soft spot for Cadillac stacked lights :

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.33.56 PM.png

That has SO MUCH Style and Presence!

:metal:

• Agree 1

The more I look at the Elmiraj, the more I am confident that Cadillac FUCKED UP!

Elmiraj should have been the face of the XT6 and the new Escalade as well as the CT line.

image.png

Wish I had the Photoshop skills to put this nose on the 2021 Escalade. I feel it has the proper presence and elegance that an Uber Luxury SUV should have.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, dfelt said:

The more I look at the Elmiraj, the more I am confident that Cadillac FUCKED UP!

Elmiraj should have been the face of the XT6 and the new Escalade as well as the CT line.

image.png

Wish I had the Photoshop skills to put this nose on the 2021 Escalade. I feel it has the proper presence and elegance that an Uber Luxury SUV should have.

I wish they had built the Elmiraj...a large beautiful 2dr ht coupe...M-B and Bentley can build large 2dr ht coupes...why can't Cadillac?  I know, I know...Americans want FWD/transverse engine CUVs...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I’m going to disagree on making the El Miraj as the ‘top face’ @ Cadillac; I’ve always felt it needed a bit more time in the oven. 

Did ya like the Ciel better?

See the source image

• Agree 2

On 2/10/2020 at 2:23 PM, dfelt said:

The more I look at the Elmiraj, the more I am confident that Cadillac f@#kED UP!

Where is Drew or his moderators? I'm so offended by your vulgar language. :P :D 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, USA-1 said:

Where is Drew or his moderators? I'm so offended by your vulgar language. :P :D 

Yea, I do wonder what all is going on as Drew has been way too quiet. :(