JANUARY 2020 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

balthazar

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, balthazar said:

mercedes C or E wrapped in 'shit fly' green chrome vinyl

IMG_1043.jpg

Are you sure that is a C or E and not a shit fly green A? So hard to tell on their whole product line. WOW, that is harsh on the eyes.

10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Are you sure that is a C or E and not a shit fly green A? So hard to tell on their whole product line. WOW, that is harsh on the eyes.

Definitely an E-class...very distinct taillight shape and side creases...

• Thanks 1

Nice weather today... saw a clean dark gray w/ gray top '90-92 Cadillac Brougham.   Also saw the rustiest Ford Explorer I've ever seen..a brown '98-01 5dr.   Big chunks out of the lower doors, like 5-6 inches missing and crusty edges..same w/ the rear quarter, with rust from the wheel arch on the left side extending back to the fuel door.  Rear hatch bottom rusty...  no license plate. 

13 hours ago, dfelt said:

Calling for 3 to 8 inches of snow tonight on top of the 7 we already got, everything is white, where did all the autos go? :P 

wowza... meanwhile another sunny 50 degree day here in Cleveland...this is a very strange January so far...

4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

wowza... meanwhile another sunny 50 degree day here in Cleveland...this is a very strange January so far...

Some areas got almost 2 feet of snow last night with others just a dusting and we are in a freezer for temps. LOL

Now all the auto's are brown messes. :P 

Had to make an airport run this afternoon, saw a gray-blue new BMW 8 series coupe parked in the valet line, coated w/ salt and winter ick.   Looks like a 15+ Mustang that's been made heavier and uglified.   

Also saw in my neighborhood an AWD Chevy Astro, lifted a bit with large tires..dark red and in very good shape.  

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

But... you don't fit in it because of the white dash trim.  How do you know how it handled?

handled well because the one he saw wasn't in a ditch or crashed into another vehicle? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

Customer has an ‘07 MB SL550. He claimed it was a “$100K car”. I noted via examination that those silvery hood & fender ‘spears’ aren’t aluminum, but merely cheap plastic. Why was I not surprised.

In those days, starting MSRP for that car was $97,295.  The SL65 AMG retailed for about $190K.  Brand new, the customer is right.  Problem is is that the car was probably not worth $97K new.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

But... you don't fit in it because of the white dash trim.  How do you know how it handled?

I do fit in it, you seen me in one. :P Just the Wife, ya know the other 50% of the couple equation hates the Black n White dash. :D 

6 hours ago, dfelt said:

I do fit in it, you seen me in one. :P Just the Wife, ya know the other 50% of the couple equation hates the Black n White dash. :D 

Yes I saw your knees accidentally pushing buttons on the dash in the front seat, and I saw your knees pressed deep into the back of the front seat when shoehorned into the back seat.  Tanks fer the mammaries!

• Haha 1

Occasionally pass this house in the boonies on a way to a customers. They used to have a very solid '58 Ford 4-dr sedan, saw it here & there over the years, an obvious runner. They I saw it for sale, then way out in the backyard (deep property). Other day the '58 was not to be seen, but this lil Fowlcoon was there :

IMG_1079.jpg

Dark blue 2021 Seltos EX 2.0 AWD, on the local dealership lot.  $26k.  This thing is going to be hard to beat in the class.  Sunroof, vinyl seats, 17" alloys and a whole bunch of other stuff standard.  Front end is wild and it looks a tad preggers, but otherwise it seems like a heck of a nice vehicle for the price.

Trailblazer LT AWD with vinyl seat package and sunroof (panoramic in Chevy's case) package will probably be a little more than $2k more.  It adds up pretty quick once you leave the $19,990 base model.  Chevy does give you a conventional automatic with AWD though.

10 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I feel privileged when it snows over night and my vehicle is tucked in the garage, so I don't have to clear it off, I can just back out and go.

Working out of the house with a 4x4 in the garage I usually don't even bother to shovel the driveway....but if it's not too bad out I'll shovel a path up the driveway to the front door so the USPS and Amazon can deliver... 

• Haha 1

Saw a black late model Range Rover Sport with huge custom wheels, a custom body kit and custom grille, no RR badging, only 'ASPIRE' across the hood.   Googled it, apparently Aspire is a UK brand of Range Rover aftermarket customization.   Sitting in a Walgreens parking lot, I guess even the local Ukranian gangster soccer moms go to the drugstore... 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Except... that's an Oldsmobile Delta 88

Thank you Ocnblu,

I always got those and the Chevrolet version mixed. 🤪

Just knew it was from the 80's.