Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mitsubishi could withdraw from U.S.

Well, I don't know if you are talking about Japan, but in the U.S., Mitsubishi's headquarters is in Cypress, CA. and Suzuki's is in Brea, CA. both in Orange County. 

Neither location is tiny and neither are they old...

???

You have an awefully large definition of "local". lol As satty said, I meant the local dealership. It's the size of a small convenience store for both brands, wedged tightly between Honda & Saturn.

As I posted once before- my local mitsu dealer replaced his building's corporate lettering with what looks like a sheet of painted/lettered plywood; ready to pull the plug the second the storm clouds roll in, and has shifted the bulk of his advertising to hyundai.

I can think of two local Mitsu dealers here in PGH.

1. looks like a doublewide trailer... the service department is an old Sunoco station. It's former name was "South Hills Premier Used Autos".

2. is a former Daewoo dealership with a vinyl "Mitsubishi" sign taped over the old Daewoo sign. At night the sign still lights up green and you can clearly read Daewoo under the white vinyl.

I can think of two local Mitsu dealers here in PGH.

1. looks like a doublewide trailer... the service department is an old Sunoco station. It's former name was "South Hills Premier Used Autos".

2. is a former Daewoo dealership with a vinyl "Mitsubishi" sign taped over the old Daewoo sign.  At night the sign still lights up green and you can clearly read Daewoo under the white vinyl.

Sounds like it's not an uncommon thing for a Mitsu dealership to be a hole-in-the-wall place. Perhaps if Mitsu decides to stay, they ought to have more stringent guidelines on what is acceptable for their dealerships. (I know it's unlikely the one local to me will spend the $ to change a thing without outside pressure.)

*patiently waits for 68 to come in and say "if they'd just switched to RWD, the Galant alone would outsell Camry, Accord, Impala, and Sonata combined"*

:pbjtime::P Everytime I sit in my Suoer 88 and stare at the dash I think

every manufactuer should go out of business for makign the $hit they

do now. Mistsubishi was a much bigger offender than a lot of others.

The EVO8 is not reason enough to keep them around. If the Eclipse

was based on a EVO they would be slightly better off but instead they

put an econobox four door body on their best high performance car.

No they base the EVO on the Lancer platfrom for costs. And they are nto BOF so no they don't "put an econobox body on it"

Back to reality. Mitsu needs more mainstream hits, and not just a 'cult car' EVO. They have to sell more new cars and not used ones to kids.

Also, the Civic my not look 'mainstream' anymore, but it is selling out, much better than lots of GM cars.

I've mentioned it a few times before... Seattle & the Eastside no longer have local Mitsubishi dealers. There are a few in suburbs but the closest one is 15+ miles away. Mitsubishi has lost the Seattle market entirely IMO.