The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Works Smarter | MotorWeek Road Test

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah it's irresistible.  It's macho.  It's Cro-Magnon.  It's hyper-testosterone laden, and it will separate men from boys.  Which category do you want to be placed in?  SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!!!  

Right?  It could actually be a huge 'de-uglification' service for ANY vehicle that doesn't sell over 550,000 units annually.   EDIT :: Ooooo! It just occurred to me; there must already BE th

That is the part I down voted. Ready for what? To put a bag over its face because its so ugly.  Ready to go sob to mommy because the bullies at school make fun of it and beat it up beca

Posted Images

It may work smarter,  but it looks like someone touched it with the ugly stick.  

Not just  A  ugly stick...but THE ugly stick.  The MOTHER of ALL ugly sticks...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wonder what the measurement is from the front edge of the hood to the bottom of the bumper...4 feet?  5 feet? It looks like it needs maybe 12-18 inches removed from the front vertically...way too much nose height...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah- that'd certainly be far too much. I could see 6" tho (I spent 30 secs making this pic- give me a break)

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.53.47 PM.png

But that's NOT what the buyers in this segment are looking for. There's an established aesthetic, and a sharply sloping nose isn't in fashion. Ford learned that in 1997.

Edited by balthazar
  • Confused 1

Baby Yoda can see it is inspired by mid-60's Chevy trucks.  It is a fantastic looking bruiser from the front, down its smooth flanks, and around to its asscheeks.  LOVE the wide track v. body width.  It just looks READY, like an art-deco locomotive.

• Downvote 3

If I squint i can see a vague resemblance to the '62-66 hood w/ the high mounted turn signals and slots.   I'd love to compare the dimensions of a new one with a '60s one...

12-_D8O4285-940x627.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

I also see a resemblance between the '20 Silverado HD to the mid 80s Kodiak.   Big, tall front with huge grille and low headlights..  That Kodiak would be cool w/ a chromed grille.

16516374_1.jpg

1959 car before everything else?  

Image result for 1959 impala ss front end"

Its a polarizing face, that is for sure.  And I get that these trucks have to look a certain way.  Gaudy and garish is what these trucks do, and the buyers of these is what is demanded.  I get that...but they dont have to be ugly tho.

All 4 Detroit 2500 pick-up trucks (Ford, Chevy, Ram and GMC) have tall grills. Big and brutal faces. Garish and loud and proud. But its only the Chevy that is ugly AF.

This version of what Balthy posted a couple of days earlier is slowly making its way to my like column

Image result for 2020 chevy silverado 1500 night"

But lets be real here, yes, the 2500 takes inspiration from all the trucks posted, but this inspirational 2500 is ugly AF.

Ill be re-naming the Chevy Personality. Because its soooooo ugly. 

Edited by oldshurst442
2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

It just looks READY,

That is the part I down voted.

Ready for what?

To put a bag over its face because its so ugly. 

Ready to go sob to mommy because the bullies at school make fun of it and beat it up because its so ugly.

Ready to go to a plastic surgeon to rearrange its face because even it cant look at itself in the mirror because its so damned ugly?

The only thing the Chevy  2500 has going for it, is that the BMW X7's face is uglier...

• Upvote 3

Nah it's irresistible.  It's macho.  It's Cro-Magnon.  It's hyper-testosterone laden, and it will separate men from boys.  Which category do you want to be placed in?  SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!!!

full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1
19 hours ago, balthazar said:

Yeah- that'd certainly be far too much. I could see 6" tho (I spent 30 secs making this pic- give me a break)

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.53.47 PM.png

But that's NOT what the buyers in this segment are looking for. There's an established aesthetic, and a sharply sloping nose isn't in fashion. Ford learned that in 1997.

This looks SO MUCH BETTER than the current Terrible Blowing version that is failing to sale as it is in 3rd place behind Ram and Ford the #1 truck!

CHEVROLET, WAKE UP, start building a Stylish Truck that people want!.

8 hours ago, ocnblu said:

If it was all that you state above it would not be in 3rd place in sales as only the coolaid drinkers are buying it, ZERO conquest by real men who know the better truck is Ram or Ford in the Looks Department.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They keep showing Silverado HD commercials during the NFL playoff games this weekend...just saw one.  One of the 'real life customers' in the ad says 'This truck is a beast!'.   True statement. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

They keep showing Silverado HD commercials during the NFL playoff games this weekend...just saw one.  One of the 'real life customers' in the ad says 'This truck is a beast!'.   True statement. 

So true, I doubt you will ever here a Man or Woman say the Chevrolet trucks are Hot, Beautiful, Desirable, etc...................

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So true, I doubt you will ever here a Man or Woman say the Chevrolet trucks are Hot, Beautiful, Desirable, etc...................

And I'm not anti-Chevy truck at all...I love the look of many of their past models...most recent I liked was the 2014-2015.

And going back to the 80s, just to stay semi-recent, there were a lot of handsome pickups with strong styling cues that carried over from generation to generation like the stacked lights and grille crossbar trim.

I'm sure the 2020 is quite capable and a good, reliable product, but it does it have to be so ugly? 

2014:

208512.jpg

2009:69066.jpg

1999:

21999_chevrolet_silverado-1500_extended-cab-pickup_ls_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

1989:

963f1b41cc5b1dea200f80c6abc92ad3-e1544023474332.jpg

1983:

001-2.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I find the current Silverado hot AND desirable! 

• Thanks 2
10 hours ago, ocnblu said:

And where did that eventually lead up too?

Image result for warface full metal jacket

Pretty effin' ugly Id say that eventually...din' work...

That ugly muthaphocka blew the sarge & himself up because...so ugly. 

(I could have posted the scene in GIF form, but its gruesome. I thought about the kiddies reading our posts. But then again, the 2500 Silverado is posted up above, so those two scenes would be a walk in the park then...)

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, dfelt said:

If it was all that you state above it would not be in 3rd place in sales as only the coolaid drinkers are buying it, ZERO conquest by real men who know the better truck is Ram or Ford in the Looks Department.

Ford F-150 is not all that great up front, either. The Limited trim is nice, but lower trims I find a bit crude. Also don't care for the '3-sided box' DRLs on the 150.
I don't put huge weight on the sales figures, a lot of factors influence those numbers.

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, ccap41 said:

These look so unbelievably bad..

They are so ugly they make the Cybertruck look sexy.    I suspect the GMC versions--- while still massive-- will look better...

• Downvote 1

I am not a truck person, but right now out of the three big ones RAM looks the best by far IMO.  Has the nicest looking interior as well.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-high-count

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

They are so ugly they make the Cybertruck look sexy.    I suspect the GMC versions--- while still massive-- will look better...

I completely agree. Everything GMC has looked significantly better for the last refreshes and newest gens. 

17 minutes ago, ykX said:

I am not a truck person, but right now out of the three big ones RAM looks the best by far IMO.  Has the nicest looking interior as well.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-high-count

The Ram also looks the best "in the wild". I saw a new one yesterday and it caught my eye in a good way whereas the other two are just "there". 

• Upvote 3