NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Works Smarter | MotorWeek Road Test

35 minutes ago, ykX said:

I am not a truck person, but right now out of the three big ones RAM looks the best by far IMO.  Has the nicest looking interior as well.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-high-count

This +1,000,000 as accurate, Chevrolet, sucks -1,000,000, Ford is just Meh.........

• Upvote 2

To me, the Ram legitimately looks classy, clean, and all around great. The Ford is "okay". It's on the bland side but inoffensive. The Chevy only has one trim that looks good and the rest are actually pretty ugly to me. Not ugly on the level of the 2500, but not good looking.

If I had to rate them 1-10 on looks alone...

Ram: 9.5/10 

Ford: 7/10

Chevy: 4/10. 

• Upvote 2

Speaking of GMC looking better.. 

I think the refreshed Canyon looks great. It just looks like a relatively small nip and tuck but the subtle changes look really good, imo. Canyon.jpg.6a8ea02b5280a73e5bbb254cfbe163e8.jpg

• Upvote 1

New Canyon looks like they forgot to install the front bumper.

• Haha 2

Actually though it reminds me of the Tacoma in a way because the thin lower lip (black section) sticking out is very similar to the Toyota's set-up.

Seems GM is finally waking up to the complaints from the dealers with having fallen to 3rd place in Truck sales behind Ram #2 and Ford #1 in the country. Will be interesting to see what Chevrolet does as I honestly doubt they can take #2 back with the current Asshat Styling of the trucks.

https://www.autonews.com/nada-show/gm-promises-punch-back-pickup-race

I would not be surprised to see a new Style nose on the Chevrolet by the end of the year. 

To quote the news story: In 2019, Fiat Chrysler's Ram outsold the Chevy Silverado on an annual basis for the first time to rank as the industry's No. 2 full-size pickup. Silverado sales fell 1.7 percent to 575,600 for the year, while Ram pickup sales climbed 18 percent to 633,694. GMC Sierra sales rose 5.8 percent to 232,323 vehicles, according to the Automotive News Data Center.

RAM OUT SOLD Chevrolet by 58,094 pickups in 2019. WOW 😮 

And NO, I do not think the Strike was the main cause of this as GM had expected the strike and built up inventory. So this is a Style FAILURE!

• Downvote 1

I hate to admit it, but, some trims are definitely growing on me... some still look unbelievably bad but some are looking really good to me now. 

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I hate to admit it, but, some trims are definitely growing on me... some still look unbelievably bad but some are looking really good to me now. 

Glad you have come to like some trims. To me the whole product line is a FAILURE! Chevrolet has nothing that fits me that I like. GMC is the King right now on the Full size Trucks and SUVs.

27 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I do not think the Strike was the main cause of this as GM had expected the strike and built up inventory. So this is a Style FAILURE!

With annual sales off a mere 1.7%, obviously your assessment is incorrect.

• Thanks 1

So massive and beastly.   The top of the hood comes up to about my shoulder, and I'm 6'0".  I think they are designed to scare away pedestrians or knock them down so they will be run over...

IMG-3507.jpg

IMG-3506.jpg

7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

So massive and beastly.   The top of the hood comes up to about my shoulder, and I'm 6'0".  I think they are designed to scare away pedestrians or knock them down so they will be run over...

IMG-3507.jpg

IMG-3506.jpg

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

9 minutes ago, balthazar said:

With annual sales off a mere 1.7%, obviously your assessment is incorrect.

Will agree to disagree as the style I think have played a major impact. After all the 1.7% was total sales across all auto's not just trucks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Glad you have come to like some trims. To me the whole product line is a FAILURE! Chevrolet has nothing that fits me that I like. GMC is the King right now on the Full size Trucks and SUVs.

I think the monochromatic look, looks great. Actually, after looking through different trims and configurations.. The only one I like is the Trail Boss. They don't have the chrome bumpers or mirrors. The other monochromatic trims all have the "CHEVROLET" grille that's ugly. 

1564091356_2020Silverado.jpg.58044c16fed3441aeab562bcaf92e722.jpg

This doesn't look near as good even though its monochromatic.

443942950_2020Silverado-1.jpg.128559102a34c95bd55df9092b0f58d3.jpg

High Country is close and acceptable... I wouldn't push it out of my driveway. I think they've gotten the hint that not everybody loves chrome anymore. 

1134909715_2020Silverado-2.jpg.5fa278184aa76affa05ce6ac42f6e047.jpg

In summary,

The Trail boss looks great but I don't like any other trim or configuration. 

• Thanks 1

That dark red one actually looks pretty good.  I like the tiny gold Chevy bowtie.  The all black plastic fronts are just gross, IMO.    If I made sense of the Chevy website the dark red one is a Custom, which is a lower trim.  

Edited by Robert Hall

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

YUP. The HD certainly has not grown on me. 

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

That dark red one actually looks pretty good.  I like the tiny gold Chevy bowtie.  The all black plastic fronts are just gross, IMO. 

I dig it on the Trail Bosses because what they're designed for, off-roading. 

37 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

YUP. The HD certainly has not grown on me. 

I dig it on the Trail Bosses because what they're designed for, off-roading. 

So True, the HD is the Worst of them all and while if it was given to me for free, I would not complain as the black and red are OK, I still HATE the Roman Helmet touches with that metal pushing in to split the headlights and the grills are just Meh at best.

I agree that all the Chrome crap is so Baby Boomer. They need it for those that love it, but they have got to have better Monochromatic options for those that do not want Chrome.

I hate the Chevrolet in the grill, just keep it to the bow tie and with that, keep it small.

Still the GMC is the best looking truck followed by Ram and then Ford and Last is Chevrolet. Everything below that is even worse. AKA Toyota, Nissan, etc.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So True, the HD is the Worst of them all and while if it was given to me for free, I would not complain as the black and red are OK, I still HATE the Roman Helmet touches with that metal pushing in to split the headlights and the grills are just Meh at best.

I agree that all the Chrome crap is so Baby Boomer. They need it for those that love it, but they have got to have better Monochromatic options for those that do not want Chrome.

I hate the Chevrolet in the grill, just keep it to the bow tie and with that, keep it small.

Still the GMC is the best looking truck followed by Ram and then Ford and Last is Chevrolet. Everything below that is even worse. AKA Toyota, Nissan, etc.

The split grille looks pretty good on the Trail Boss and High Country but the basic chrome one looks turrible. 

Yes, the "Chevrolet" grill looks cheap. I'm not sure what is actually wrong with it because if somebody described it to me(body color, "Chevrolet") I would think it looks good...but it doesn't...at all. 

The GMC is absolutely the best looking of the half-ton crowd! I would have the GMC 1a and Ram 1b Followed by the Ford in 3rd. The GMC and Ram both look really damn good. Even the chrome on the Ram in Limited trim, looks great. It's just a very very well sculpted vehicle, imo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Will agree to disagree as the style I think have played a major impact. After all the 1.7% was total sales across all auto's not just trucks.

That’s from your earlier post; that Silverado sales were down 1.7% last year. That’s nothing close to “major”.

Edited by balthazar

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The other monochromatic trims all have the "CHEVROLET" grille that's ugly. 

No; there’s an RST trim that’s the ‘upper series’ grille that’s monochromatic.

• Thanks 1

The grille I'd like to see would be a combination that doesn't exist...the body color/monochromatic approach w/ the tiny offset gold Chevy bowtie, the solid cross bar, and a body color version of the RST grille.  

2 minutes ago, balthazar said:

No; there’s an RST trim that’s the ‘upper series’ grille that’s monochromatic.

Ahhh! Yes, i like that. I like it because I see it in more colors and the Trail Boss I only seem to find in red or black. 

I like these. 

2020 Silverado-3.jpg

2020 Silverado-4.jpg

• Upvote 1

That RST grille would good w/ the small offset gold bowtie and a solid center bar..I don't like the slot in the center bar and the black bowtie.

Too bad I'm not good at Photoshop... improvements I'd make would be to have the fender front edge line extend straight down from below the the headlight (get rid of the tab), tighten up where the grille/lighting meets the fender and bumper (too many gaps now), and get rid of the black trim on the side of the bumper. 

Edited by Robert Hall

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

You can always take your new Silverado to a custom shop.

Seems like a market niche to exploit.  Offer Silverado de-uglification services. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Seems like a market niche to exploit.  Offer Silverado de-uglification services. 

Right?  It could actually be a huge 'de-uglification' service for ANY vehicle that doesn't sell over 550,000 units annually.

EDIT :: Ooooo! It just occurred to me; there must already BE these custom truck 'de-uglification' shops across the country for the entire history the Ram was outsold by the SIlverado!
Bazinga!

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 3

Some people like ugly styling...I don't get it, but that's just the way it is...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1