loki

CX5 diesel huge discount

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mazda-cx5-diesel-msrp-discount/

That's a guess based on the fact that the diesel CX-5 is already being offered at substantial discounts just a few months after going on sale. According to a CarsDirect report on Thursday, some dealers are offering as much as $10,000 off the starting MSRP, taking the original $42,045 price tag down to just $32,045. That's a full $6,000 less than a top-trim 2020 Mazda CX-5 Signature with the gas-fed, 2.5-liter turbo engine.

• Upvote 1

Yea, Mazda should have killed this rather than wasting additional R&D dollars to get all the problems fixed. What a waste of money, the US is not a Diesel place for small cars / CUVs.

I bet Mazda will use this to kill it off next year and say they tried, but should have focused on other tech instead.

🤔 I wonder if anyone else is using their diesel motor?

• Haha 2

We've sold a few.  But just like with GM and the Whisper Diesel in the Equinox/Terrain/Cruze, they've not made customers aware of its immense benefits.  I mean, 40 MPG out of an Equinox is nothing to sneeze at.  Even if the Mazda manages 35 MPG in real life, that's still about 10 MPG over the gas engine.

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

We've sold a few.  But just like with GM and the Whisper Diesel in the Equinox/Terrain/Cruze, they've not made customers aware of its immense benefits.  I mean, 40 MPG out of an Equinox is nothing to sneeze at.  Even if the Mazda manages 35 MPG in real life, that's still about 10 MPG over the gas engine.

Plus do not forget the excessive cost of the diesel, the higher fuel price and about 20 plus years for it to actually pay for itself. The auto will be rusting before the engine is worn out.

Was and still is a waste of R&D dollars on top of the fact you have a toxic spewing diesel.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

toxic spewing

I'm willing to bet there is more toxicity spewing from the PNW than there is out of this Mazda diesel.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, dfelt said:

Plus do not forget the excessive cost of the diesel, the higher fuel price and about 20 plus years for it to actually pay for itself. The auto will be rusting before the engine is worn out.

Was and still is a waste of R&D dollars on top of the fact you have a toxic spewing diesel.

diesel to gas price seems to vary widely over the last few years, typicaly gas will be cheaper, but not always. tried to hit up some regular websites for that history, but couldn't find it.

12 minutes ago, loki said:

diesel to gas price seems to vary widely over the last few years, typicaly gas will be cheaper, but not always. tried to hit up some regular websites for that history, but couldn't find it.

I can tell you that in Jersey, which has relatively low gas prices vs. other states, diesel has not been cheaper than gas since maybe '04. Prior to, it was historically cheaper. I know; I bought a diesel truck in '06 and I've logged every tank - diesel has not been cheaper than gas since...

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 1:19 PM, ocnblu said:

I'm willing to bet there is more toxicity spewing from the PNW than there is out of this Mazda diesel.

Doubt it compared to the coal polluting power plants around you. After all we are all clean green hydro, wind and solar. :P 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

Doubt it compared to the coal polluting power plants around you. After all we are all clean green hydro, wind and solar. :P 

Nah, not the power plants

you mean i can have an engine that’s ten years too late, more expensive than a similarly efficient hybrid toyota rav-4, AND I get to pay more for fuel too!? 

Edited by FAPTurbo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FAPTurbo said:

you mean i can have an engine that’s ten years too late, more expensive than a similarly efficient hybrid toyota rav-4, AND I get to pay more for fuel too!? 

Blake Noble won't come in until someone contradicts this post

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

True true...

But Fap's post in THIS case...he is correct. 

But...Ill contradict his post just to see your post become reality...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FAPTurbo said:

Toyota obliterated EV's coolness factor with the idiotic underwhelming Prius hybrids and cultivated a market of balding, compensating sadmen in the process... and they think it’s going to attract electric/hybrid  buyers?

lol okay 

•  

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Toyota obliterated EV's coolness factor with the idiotic underwhelming Prius hybrids and cultivated a market of balding, compensating sadmen in the process... and they think it’s going to attract electric/hybrid  buyers?

lol okay 

•  

They did sell almost 500,000 RAV4's last year. 😮 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

That’s a unique way to say “I love you.” Hopefully you’ll be OK with staying just friends.

• Haha 3