1993 Lincoln Mark VIII - Throwback Thursday

That is a Canadian production TV show.

I CAN NOT STAND THIS SHOW. THEN AND NOW!

Fake BritishnessThe show wants to pass off as sophisticated, hence that idiot with the British accent. I think he very well may be British, the thing is...WE ARE CANADIAN...in CANADA.  We have NO ties to the BRITISH!    Some parts of English Canada want to believe that we have ties to the British...but we really do NOT!  Stop with the shytty Britishness for phoques sake!  

Its like they want this European flair to the show...the irony, the show is produced in Ontario. Ontario, even then, was closer to being American then even Canadian. Quebec, with Quebec City and Montreal are closer to European (French flair) then anywhere else in Canada, and trust me, Any Quebecois, whether we are talking about the French, Italian, Greek, Chinese, Jewish, Spanish (DUH), or even the English in Quebec, we really do NOT identify with ANYTHING British. The English that did identify with the UK...left the phoquing province...

This show...has ALWAYS been negative to the American car. The thing is, they find petty reasons. And when they do have something negative to point out, they seem to NEVER extend that same negative towards Japanese and German cars.  Utter  hypocritical bullshyte! 

Only one guy is decent on this show.   He presented pick-up trucks and sometimes the odd muscle car.  HE was the only guy to be straight and honest. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Fake BritishnessThe show wants to pass off as sophisticated, hence that idiot with the British accent. I think he very well may be British, the thing is...WE ARE CANADIAN...in CANADA.  We have NO ties to the BRITISH!    Some parts of English Canada want to believe that we have ties to the British...but we really do NOT!  Stop with the shytty Britishness for phoques sake!  

Well, you are in the Commonwealth, right?  Still under the iron-fisted rule of the Crown? 😀  (J/K, J/K)

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Its like they want this European flair to the show...the irony, the show is produced in Ontario. Ontario, even then, was closer to being American then even Canadian. Quebec, with Quebec City and Montreal are closer to European (French flair) then anywhere else in Canada, and trust me, Any Quebecois, whether we are talking about the French, Italian, Greek, Chinese, Jewish, Spanish (DUH), or even the English in Quebec, we really do NOT identify with ANYTHING British. The English that did identify with the UK...left the phoquing province...

Get a grip man, so what if the guy wasn't born in Canada and has a bit of an accent.   I don't recall the other presenters putting on an accent "to pass off as sophisticated".  You just sound like you have an issue with people of British origin.

• Upvote 1

About the Lincoln Mark VIII.

I prefer the refreshed face of the later years, but I have always loved the car.  I just wished it had more power under the hood.  It had more than enough off for the time at just below 290HP,  but I wished it had (for the time remember) 350 HP. 

Image result for 1997 Lincoln Mark Viii

I did have a preference for the Eldorado and Seville STS though. Even though the Caddy was FWD and the Mark VIII was RWD.

I liked the dash treatment of the Mark VIII, but in general preferred the styling of the Mark VII LSC.  Of its contemporaries, I preferred the '92+ Eldorado even though it was FWD.

24 minutes ago, frogger said:

Get a grip man, so what if the guy wasn't born in Canada and has a bit of an accent.   I don't recall the other presenters putting on an accent "to pass off as sophisticated".  You just sound like you have an issue with people of British origin.

Well...I do (have a problem with British politics).  But that is political...(Parthenon marbles...)...nothing to do with a TV show...but it does....a tad...

But that is for another discussion.  

Frogger, we are both Canadian. I believe you are of British origin. I bet you dont have a British accent. 

This is a CANADIAN TV show. 

Let me put it this way. 

Quebec TV. 

French automotive TV shows...its only a promo clip that I could find...but that would be the equivalent to Motoring...yet...the hosts do NOT speak with a Parisian accent...they havent hired a Frenchman from France to be more sophisticated.

Don Cherry...love him or hate him with Ron... Canadian as Canadian could be.  Ron...to counter Don's crassness, would NOT speak with a British accent just to have an air of sophistication...

Commonwealth or not...I DOUBT in Australia, their TV shows have a BRITISH guy hosting...

Top Gear UK...MATT LEBLANC was replaced...

Understand where Im going with this? 

I could see the hypocrisy...

PS:  There is a SECOND thing I HATE about this show... I know the political rant got the MOST reaction...but I did write this paragraph too...

This show...has ALWAYS been negative to the American car. The thing is, they find petty reasons. And when they do have something negative to point out, they seem to NEVER extend that same negative towards Japanese and German cars.  Utter  hypocritical bullshyte! 

PSS:  I did praise the show mildly...

Only one guy is decent on this show.   He presented pick-up trucks and sometimes the odd muscle car.  HE was the only guy to be straight and honest. 

Edited by oldshurst442
2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Mate Chill, we are Multi-Cultural right? Eh Eh Eh....

Plus Canada does have a Prince now living there with his wife and son. :P 

Commonwealth, Common Law, So common! :D 

Sarcasm in case you did not read between the lines! 

british crown GIF

• Haha 1