Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GM News: GM's Upcoming Electric Onslaught

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

LOL customers are demanding FASTER in-and-outs at gas stations, hence phone payments, laser credit card readers, etc., this is THE OPPOSITE WAY.  Won't work.

Charge at home, spend zero time ever at a gas station.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

LOL customers are demanding FASTER in-and-outs at gas stations, hence phone payments, laser credit card readers, etc., this is THE OPPOSITE WAY.  Won't work.

Yup

This is the new norm.   I see exactly that in my restaurant. Not only with paying for their food that sometimes the internet is down and they have to pay cash and cash payments for them are too slow... but some of them are impatient of the actual time it takes to cook their burger on the damned grill...

Yeah...because Im like a mom and pop shop in that I dont precook a zillion burgers ahead of time. Our burgers are made to order and it takes 5-7 minutes to cook a phoquing burger and THAT apparently is too long...  Freshly made on the spot and yet that aitn good enough...

Meaning...what YOU are observing about people wanting faster is and outs...well...those types that are impatient like that could...

Image result for kiss my grits gif

As a society, we aint heading in the right direction being shytty like that....

But as @smk4565 replied to you:

47 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Charge at home, spend zero time ever at a gas station.

8 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yeah...because Im like a mom and pop shop in that I dont precook a zillion burgers ahead of time. Our burgers are made to order and it takes 5-7 minutes to cook a phoquing burger and THAT apparently is too long...  Freshly made on the spot and yet that aitn good enough...

Do you deliver?

55 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Do you deliver?

no

I got a drive-thru.  I recently renovated, maybe 5-6 years now, and  we made a drive-thru. We were fed up with people bitchin' about us not having a drive-thru.  And the reno paid itself off in no time as in no time, the drive-thru accounts for 50-60% of our sales. 

And...with this virus thing, we have closed the restaurant and only serve people with the drive-thru.  

• Agree 4

17 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

no

I got a drive-thru.  I recently renovated, maybe 5-6 years now, and  we made a drive-thru. We were fed up with people bitchin' about us not having a drive-thru.  And the reno paid itself off in no time as in no time, the drive-thru accounts for 50-60% of our sales. 

And...with this virus thing, we have closed the restaurant and only serve people with the drive-thru.  

I wish you the best with your business.  I hope life gets back to normal sooner rather than later.  For that to happen, we gotta distance ourselves from each other, because we're damn dirty apes.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I wish you the best with your business.  I hope life gets back to normal sooner rather than later.  For that to happen, we gotta distance ourselves from each other, because we're damn dirty apes.

I didnt know whether to laugh because it was funny, or an upvote because its true.

We are WORSE than damn dirty apes.  Apes could be more civil to each other than we are towards our own kind. Apes respect other animals....we dont. We respect nothing.

We could also be more filthy than apes. And apes play with their feces...

I get truly disgusted with humans sometimes. 

PS: Thank-you for your kind words towards my family and business. And I wish you the same.

Image result for I heart gif

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

no

Several restaurants are doing the same here.  It's either pickup, delivery, or drive-thru ONLY in a LOT of franchises down here.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much every restaurant either has drive thru or they are doing pickup and a number of them have started delivery. Very weird not interacting with people. Been 3 weeks of working from home and only seeing the wife. Crazy.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:38 PM, dfelt said:

MEH, Honestly that interior reminds me of the Movie "Best Little Whore House in Texas".

Way over done and not luxury reserved, but luxury bitch Kardashin. Pass on that crapy interior, no matter how many people it took by hand to build. Not Impressed.

I mean, you can choose your own colors.. The point was the high quality/materials that go into it.

24 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I mean, you can choose your own colors.. The point was the high quality/materials that go into it.

Yes.

That is what boutique manufacturing and boutique manufacturers are. 

A customer buys a Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maybach trim Mercedes S Class, certain Porsche 911s and higher end Porsches, Black Label Lincolns, etc...  and the customer gets to customize, personalize their vehicle.  Rolls and Bentley go beyond that.  Rolls will produce ANY colour you want. And will put that colour on ANYTHING you want. They would even paint a scale model version of your car. They will even taylor you a suit with said colour choice or vice versa. Take your favorite suit colour and duplicate it for your car.  You would like Coca-Cola's red can colour as a paint job for your Rolls, they will do it. For a huge fee, but they will do it.

And of course the quality of the materials are top notch. 

Why the hell not?  You are paying for it through the nose...

You pay for what you get...

And all that is handmade as much as handmade could be. Well...the Celestiq will be handmade...

The Celestiq's boutique experience is not yet revealed as to how and what will be personalized and to what extent and what kind of quality of materials will be used.  For all we know... Blue Whale penis skin could be used as a material for the doors and dash and koala and panda bear fur could be used for the carpet and headliner.  Shark skin with touches of bald eagle feathers  could be used for the seats and headrests.

Point being, we dont know details...yet we are being very judgemental.

Point being, I would think that Cadillac folk have learned their lessons by now. Johan wasnt all that bad. He probably told the beancounters to phoque off. Mary Barra probably listened to the harsh criticisms Johan must have had with the CT6. After all, he did criticize very publicly the CT6, and by retreating the CT6's statuts as THE top dog Cadillac status that the previous admin was saying about the it...

And, looking at how GM responded with the Corvette C8 and the Escalade (maybe as we havent really seen it, but it looks to deliver like the C8 does...I dont get why we should be as harsh towards the Celestiq.

I mean...I get why...the malaise era is why. But on the flip side...the Corvette C8 and 2021 Escalade and the 2020 CT4 V and CT5 V say that GM has FINALLY kicked that bad habit. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Wait, which one did they say would have an interior entirely made from recycled material.

That was FORD who is using used Coffee beans to build parts on their Auto's.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/04/ford-is-making-car-partswith-waste-from-mcdonalds-coffee-beans.html

Yes I also get that you are poking at Rivian who is using recycled materials on the inside of their auto's. :P 

Great Read on what areas each auto maker is using recycled material in their auto's. The German Trio has had much of their over rated interiors using recycled materials as is others especially Ford.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/07/automakers-are-building-your-cars-with-interesting-recycled-materials.html

On 3/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Yes.

That is what boutique manufacturing and boutique manufacturers are. 

A customer buys a Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maybach trim Mercedes S Class, certain Porsche 911s and higher end Porsches, Black Label Lincolns, etc...  and the customer gets to customize, personalize their vehicle.  Rolls and Bentley go beyond that.  Rolls will produce ANY colour you want. And will put that colour on ANYTHING you want. They would even paint a scale model version of your car. They will even taylor you a suit with said colour choice or vice versa. Take your favorite suit colour and duplicate it for your car.  You would like Coca-Cola's red can colour as a paint job for your Rolls, they will do it. For a huge fee, but they will do it.

And of course the quality of the materials are top notch. 

Why the hell not?  You are paying for it through the nose...

You pay for what you get...

And all that is handmade as much as handmade could be. Well...the Celestiq will be handmade...

The Celestiq's boutique experience is not yet revealed as to how and what will be personalized and to what extent and what kind of quality of materials will be used.  For all we know... Blue Whale penis skin could be used as a material for the doors and dash and koala and panda bear fur could be used for the carpet and headliner.  Shark skin with touches of bald eagle feathers  could be used for the seats and headrests.

Point being, we dont know details...yet we are being very judgemental.

Point being, I would think that Cadillac folk have learned their lessons by now. Johan wasnt all that bad. He probably told the beancounters to phoque off. Mary Barra probably listened to the harsh criticisms Johan must have had with the CT6. After all, he did criticize very publicly the CT6, and by retreating the CT6's statuts as THE top dog Cadillac status that the previous admin was saying about the it...

And, looking at how GM responded with the Corvette C8 and the Escalade (maybe as we havent really seen it, but it looks to deliver like the C8 does...I dont get why we should be as harsh towards the Celestiq.

I mean...I get why...the malaise era is why. But on the flip side...the Corvette C8 and 2021 Escalade and the 2020 CT4 V and CT5 V say that GM has FINALLY kicked that bad habit. 

200k is 200k, right? It doesn't matter if its coming from Bentley or Cadillac. I have my doubts Cadillac(or any of the US Automakers) can do an interior worthy of a 200k starting price. That was my point. 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

200k is 200k, right? It doesn't matter if its coming from Bentley or Cadillac. I have my doubts Cadillac(or any of the US Automakers) can do an interior worthy of a 200k starting price. That was my point. 

We shall learn soon enough unless GM kills it due to the world wide pandemic.

With the considerable price surcharge for electrics, and gas sliding under $2/gal & dropping, EVs are going to see a steeper decline than IC vehicles in the near future. It will be fascinating to watch the speculation on Tesla's stock...

Tesla was as high as $917, it's $434 today- about a 52% decline.

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

With the considerable price surcharge for electrics, and gas sliding under $2/gal & dropping, EVs are going to see a steeper decline than IC vehicles in the near future. It will be fascinating to watch the speculation on Tesla's stock...

Tesla was as high as $917, it's $434 today- about a 52% decline.

That is a lot of fear-based selling, whether it is warranted or not.

• Agree 1

We were way over due for a stock correction. But now it is just fear selling, fear buying like all the crazy idiots that are buying up guns and ammo with no training. They will probably hurt their family, loved one, friends, etc. before actually defending their home if things got really crazy like the 1918 Influenza death totals and then why would someone want to go into a house where they could possibly catch the virus and die.

Just some real crazy stupid stuff going on.

10 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Gotcha!

One question.

You think that Cadillac or Lincoln arent capable because dont have the expertise or because they arent willing? 

Remember that Chrysler has merged with Fiat.  Maserati and Ferrari. So...do you think that Chrysler aint capable either or not willing?  

Are we gonna shyte on Ferrari for FCA if you think FCA aint capable?

I just wanna know where you really stand on the issue.  Its still a tad vague for me. 

Having no expertise versus not willing are two different things. What is your reasoning for your opinion?

With low oil prices again, and we dont know how long the Saudis want to do this, and Ive heard the Saudis wanna keep it low for a good long while, Im willing to bet that EV sales are gonna be shyte in the short term. The only thing that will save EVs this time around is that countries are not gonna budge on the banning of ICE vehicles. Or at the very least, the countries wont lax on the emissions regulations.

I say, GM better keep the Camaro alive with its V8  because I might go crazy with this Covid-19 thing and maybe I spin into a mid-life/Covid-19 crisis and buy me-self a  ZL-1 Camaro, ship it to Trans Am Depot and they fix me up good. Like this one. Exactly like this one down below!!!

Image result for gold 2019 trans am 455 super duty

• Like 2

15 hours ago, balthazar said:

^ OK, but WRT GM, what would you rather lose; $15/share, or $440/share?

If the buyer spent $10,000 on each, they lost the same amount(excluding the exact dollar amount). Nobody invests by buying a share quantity. They tell their broker how much to invest and they buy the closest whole share quantity to the dollar amount. 

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Gotcha!

One question.

You think that Cadillac or Lincoln arent capable because dont have the expertise or because they arent willing? 

Remember that Chrysler has merged with Fiat.  Maserati and Ferrari. So...do you think that Chrysler aint capable either or not willing?  

Are we gonna shyte on Ferrari for FCA if you think FCA aint capable?

I just wanna know where you really stand on the issue.  Its still a tad vague for me. 

Having no expertise versus not willing are two different things. What is your reasoning for your opinion?

Ferrari isn't a part of FCA, they're their own company. Lookup stock symbol RACE.

I'm just way more confident in Cadillac or Lincoln totally botching a 200k luxury car than I would be in Bentley. Yes, experience and past execution..and don't give me that 1930's Cadillac's adjusted for inflation prices crap because none of those people are still employed at GM. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, ccap41 said:

Ferrari isn't a part of FCA, they're their own company. Lookup stock symbol RACE.

I'm just way more confident in Cadillac or Lincoln totally botching a 200k luxury car than I would be in Bentley. Yes, experience and past execution..and don't give me that 1930's Cadillac's adjusted for inflation prices crap because none of those people are still employed at GM. 

That Ferrari/FCA thing Ill tackle another day.  While its true that  Ferrari is no longer part of Fiat ownership...its a recent thing...but Its OK...what was bugging me more than that comment will also be addressed by what I got to say now.

Your comment that I have in bold always sat rough with me. I had a bad taste in my mouth reading it. But I wasnt sure how I was going to tackle it. And then...I got to read this comment you made in another thread. The Random Thoughts Thread

On 3/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, ccap41 said:

One reason I love these companies... When they're called upon they help deliver to their counties.

"On Tuesday, Ford detailed extraordinary measures it's undertaking as the automaker ramps up efforts to support health care workers on the frontlines. The Blue Oval said it's already started 3D-printing face shields -- a critical piece of personal protective gear -- for health care workers to help protect them from the virus as they treat patients. The first 1,000 shields already shipped out to local Michigan hospitals for use. By the end of this week, Ford says it will have 75,000 shields complete, and 100,000 shields will roll out of two Ford facilities weekly thereafter.

While work continues on face shields, Ford said it's teamed up with 3M and GE to support the design and manufacturing of respirator masks and life-saving ventilators. With 3M, Ford told its engineers to get scrappy and creative, and they delivered. "

More details in the link.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-coronavirus-face-shields-3m-respirators-ge-ventilators/

"The automaker said Friday evening it will collaborate with Ventec Life Systems to help scale up and build life-saving ventilators. GM itself won't be building the machines, but the automaker will lend its logistics, purchasing and manufacturing expertise to Ventec as it ramps up production."

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/general-motors-ventilators-ventec-coronavirus-spread/

"Italian-U.S. car giant Fiat Chrysler has confirmed plans to produce a million face masks a month and said it will distribute them to emergency services in North America to help the fight against coronavirus.

FCA, which is also trying to help produce badly needed respirators for patients in intensive care in Italy, is one of a number of large manufacturers adapting production lines to make products in desperately short supply."

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/24/fia-chrysler-face-masks-ventilators/

Your bolded comment in that one had me puzzled because in the linked quote you decided to use...PRAISES Ford's engineering prowess...

So your original comment:

On 3/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, ccap41 said:

Had me seething... literally!!!  :explode:

I just didnt know how I would rebuttle. I didnt have any way or knowledge to counter you with. 

Until now!  :gitfunky:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31917145/ford-respirators-coronavirus-covid-19/

How Ford Is Using Seat Ventilation Fans to Build Thousands of Respirators

An ingenious solution to provide needed aid to frontline emergency workers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ford announced today that it is partnering with 3M in order to manufacture powered air-purifying respirators (PAPRs) as part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These respirators are often called positive-pressure masks as they take contaminated air, pull it through a filter, then push it to the sealed mask using an air blower.

Ford will assist by providing components from their parts bin to build the respirators. The design released by Ford (top) will use 

You mean to tell me....that Ford could come up with an INGENIOUS way to engineer a ventilator mask using parts bin parts that could be used almost anywhere easily and it could mass produce it easily all on a short, VERY short time frame to come up with an idea like that, engineer it, engineer a way to mass produce it, build the production line for it and finally to get it all done...yet they CANT and dont know to get cows that roam free without fences so their hides could be perfect, they dont know how to make that hide super soft and stitch it with French stitches? 

They cant make it all fit and finish like a Bentley either?

Yet they could engineer ventilator masks on a whim though...

Now you know why I was seething with your comment. 

You are proud that American companies come up with awesome ways to help not only Americans, but the whole bloody planet in times of need, yet you shun them with the same intensity.

I asked you...

BEAN COUNTING has been a problem...

THAT is what you see with American cars in the past. Especially during the malaise era.  American know how is second to none.  Dont confuse the two. 

American bottom line capitalism is what killed Lincoln and Cadillac. But let me tell you something...FoMoCo and GM engineering is WORLD CLASS!!!    

Looking at the new Navigator's interior and how Cadillac is gonna do the new Escalade...

And seeing how Ford is leading the charge with these ventilators...

I WILL VEHEMENTLY DEFEND FORD AND GM AGAINST YOUR ARGUMENT UNTIL THEY ENDS OF THE EARTH!!!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:03 PM, smk4565 said:

The AMG GT R Pro which is a front engine, rear drive coupe, same as a C7,  is faster than the 755 hp ZR1.  And I know it is faster because it had the record for front engine rear drive car.

The 911 GT2 RS has like a 6:47 Nurburgring time which is also the old generation since the new 911 is out.  Let’s see the C8 in the 6’s.

All GM plants are closed now.  So one wonders what delays will happen with development cycle of future product.  And what production delays will occur,  Corvette is done for 2020 orders.

The 755 HP ZR1 coundnt put the power down efficiently.  It was barely faster than the Z06 in various performance criteria and hence why Tadge Juechter, THE Vette engineer pushed hard forand got the mid-engined platform  for the next gen Vette, whcih happens to be the C8... so nothing new that you are bitchin about here...nothing of importance  in other words...hence why I decided to make the font so small...because I dont care for that....its pollution and wate of time coming from you and nothing else. 

When the track focused C8s arrive, the REAL track focused C8s like a Z06, and its coming soon, very soon, your question will be answered...again, small font because just pollution and waste of time...

Your question about what happens to the C8 now for 2020 and 2021? Here is your answer:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a31976328/2021-c8-mid-engine-corvette-updates-report/

Chevrolet is already preparing to launch the next model year of the C8 Corvette. Orders for the 2020 car have been halted, and allocations for the 2021 model-year Corvette will start in late May. And according to official dealer documents leaked on the C8 Corvette Owners Facebook Group, it's getting some significant updates.

The biggest update is the addition of two new color choices: red Mist Tintcoat and silver Flare. According to Corvette Blogger, they'll be replacing Long Beach red and Blade silver. The document also shows that Magnetic Ride Control has been made a standalone option for 2021—previously, you had to order the Z51 performance package to get it. Wireless CarPlay will apparently be made standard across the Corvette lineup.