Ford News: Rumorpile: Ford's Small Truck May Arrive As A 2021MY Vehicle

During a recent fireside chat with Bank of America, Ford teased a new 'Whitespace' product due in the 2021MY. What could that product be? Muscle Cars & Trucks speculates this may be a smaller pickup truck.

We've been hearing rumblings about this since 2018 when Automobile Magazine first brought this to light. This truck would be the replacement for the Brazilian market Courier, last sold in 2013. It would be based on the C2 platform that underpinned at the time the new Focus for markets outside of the U.S. Fuel would be added to the fire a year later when Jim Farley, Ford's president of global markets dropped this,

Ford is "investing in more affordable versions of our truck business" and that "you can expect new nameplates below where we compete today," Farley said at the conference. No timeframe was given. Interestingly, a Ford spokesman said “we’ll have more details to share about new nameplates in the future.” Usually, they go with the boilerplate answer of 'no comment."

Since then, a trademark filing for Maverick by Ford has appeared, possibly giving us a name for this new model. Plus, dealers were shown this model earlier this year where it earned an enthusiastic reception.

This model could have a starting price of around $20,000 or so when it launches. Stay tuned.

Source: Muscle Cars & Trucks

View full article

• Upvote 1

Would be cool to have an EV mini-Pickup with a 200 mile range for inner city folks that want a truck to go to home depot kind of thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, David said:

Would be cool to have an EV mini-Pickup with a 200 mile range for inner city folks that want a truck to go to home depot kind of thing.

Ohhh HAIL NO, not with a ten foot pole!

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Ohhh HAIL NO, not with a ten foot pole!

And here I thought you liked it long! ;) :P 

• Confused 1

The Maverick could work if it has a starting price around $20,000.  If they try to charge $30k for a Focus with a pickup truck bed, then that product is dead on arrival.

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

But will those trucks be affordable?  Have you seen F150 prices these days?!

Well, this is supposed to be below the Ranger.  So starting under $24k (where Ranger starts)...

Edited by Robert Hall
40 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Well, this is supposed to be below the Ranger.  So starting under $24k (where Ranger starts)...

Ranger starting at 24K is a dream that will never happen. Just checked Harris Ford by me on the Rangers and the lowest priced Ranger is $32,465 after discounts and the highest priced ranger is $46,971 after discounts on an Inventory of 83 Rangers in stock. Crazy stupid prices.

F150 is even more nuts. Inventory on hand of 223 for regular, king and crew cabs. Lowest priced truck not including utility service trucks starts at $35,905 and tops out at $121,971 for a freaking Lariat model. These are STUPID PRICES for a Ford Truck!

Crazy is that 74 of the 223 trucks in stock are priced over $100,000 for a Freakin Ford. 🙄

image.png

image.png

Yeah, starting price is theoretical. 
$120k.  And that’s just an F150.  Wonder how high Super Dutys can go...

Edited by Robert Hall

Critical thinking, guys!

Lariat is only trim level 3 out of 7 -
I just built a '20 Limited, which is already highly equipped. Not going nuts with the accessories but clicking some major options, it goes to $74K.

The 6 Lariats by me are $52K to $56K.

THOSE WEB PRICES ARE TYPOS.

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

Why is the Shelby snake in the ad?  Are these trucks equipped with non-factory Shelby packages?  Because my friend Ray Charles says these prices are pure unadulterated poppycock.  And the statue fell for it.

The highest priced F-150 in 50 mile radius of where I live (1239 listings) is Raptor at $84k which is actually $8k over MSRP.  Plenty of Raptors priced at MSRP or a little lower.  Highest priced non Raptor F-150 is Limited Super Crew at $74k.  You can buy Lariat SuperCrew for $48k.

• Upvote 1

Large assortment of aftermarket type trucks at Harris Ford.

image.png

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Why is the Shelby snake in the ad?  Are these trucks equipped with non-factory Shelby packages?  Because my friend Ray Charles says these prices are pure unadulterated poppycock.  And the statue fell for it.

I was also wondering about the Snake and sure enough these are factory upgraded packaged trucks. This is a $72,000 Raptor truck that then has the Shelby Baja Package installed to take it to the crazy $120,000 plus pricing.

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, David said:

Ranger starting at 24K is a dream that will never happen. Just checked Harris Ford by me on the Rangers and the lowest priced Ranger is $32,465 after discounts and the highest priced ranger is $46,971 after discounts on an Inventory of 83 Rangers in stock. Crazy stupid prices.

F150 is even more nuts. Inventory on hand of 223 for regular, king and crew cabs. Lowest priced truck not including utility service trucks starts at $35,905 and tops out at $121,971 for a freaking Lariat model. These are STUPID PRICES for a Ford Truck!

Crazy is that 74 of the 223 trucks in stock are priced over $100,000 for a Freakin Ford. 🙄

image.png

image.png

You're looking at "specialty vehicles" on their website. The Lariat's window sticker says 63k so it's modified by one of their partners like Shelby, Roush, Saleen, or Harley. The second one id obviously a Shelby modified Raptor. 

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Critical thinking, guys!

Lariat is only trim level 3 out of 7 -
I just built a '20 Limited, which is already highly equipped. Not going nuts with the accessories but clicking some major options, it goes to $74K.

The 6 Lariats by me are $52K to $56K.

THOSE WEB PRICES ARE TYPOS.

His local dealership is a Rousch, Saleen, and Shelby dealer.. It's clearly one of those. The window sticker says 63k. 

6 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Yes, it is a modified Shelby product. 

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The Maverick could work if it has a starting price around $20,000.  If they try to charge $30k for a Focus with a pickup truck bed, then that product is dead on arrival.

It would be an Escape with a bed, but agreed. It's also rumored to be 20k to start and I'd think it would have to to separate itself from the Ranger. 

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, David said:

Large assortment of aftermarket type trucks at Harris Ford.

image.png

I was also wondering about the Snake and sure enough these are factory upgraded packaged trucks. This is a $72,000 Raptor truck that then has the Shelby Baja Package installed to take it to the crazy $120,000 plus pricing.

image.png

image.png

But I just want an F-150 XL..

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, William Maley said:

One of my local dealers has 23 2020 F-150 XLs in stock, all discounted to 38k-42k.  All have the STX package.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, William Maley said:

Out of Luck, this dealer seems to think they only need to sell High Priced 5 and 6 digit pickup trucks. :P 

Just kidding, see above ^. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly the bed will be smaller than the old Sport Trac.   wonder how many bags of mulch it will carry.    Supposedly it will have the front end of the Bronco Sport.

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-compact-ford-trucks-bed-is-reportedly-smaller-t-1844596442

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Couple different illustrations of how it *could* look...different wheelbase and rear door executions.. will be interesting to see what really happens.  I could see it being something like a mini Ridgeline in form.

ford-bronco-sport-truck-rendering.jpg

ford-bronco-maverick-render-2-1024x555.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1