A thing has been done....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ocnblu Got it. 3G is the first two digits of the VIN.  3 is country code Mexico and G is for GM.  So it was a Mexican built GM and there were only two of those on the list, the Avalanche and the EXT.

There's a place I'm looking at near work that it's their specialty and it's all they do.  They'll do a descaling and then rust proof it. It's $596 and includes underbody and all body insides. They inc

Today's the day!!

Posted Images

🤔 So just found a writeup on how to identify your Ford 3G, 4G and 6G alternators. 

https://alternatorparts.com/ford-type-3g-4g-6g-series-high-output-alternators.html

That makes me think an F-150 Crew cab pickup with a trailer hitch for his rack to hold his bike.

• Haha 1

hmmmm.   GMC doesn't have a model that starts w/ G with a trim level starting with G, so that seems to rule that out...

Or 3 row GMC..an Acadia or Yukon? 

Edited by Robert Hall

OK, trying to NOT overthink this,

Jeep Grand Cherokee which model year has the 3G Uconnect system.

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

hmmmm.   GMC doesn't have a model that starts w/ G with a trim level starting with G, so that seems to rule that out...

Or 3 row GMC..an Acadia or Yukon? 

Nope. It’s definitely on the bulleted list that @David posted earlier. It’s one of those 7.

3G can be decoded to tell you exactly what I got. This might be too much of a clue, so if you get it, just hold on to it for now. I want to see if @balthazar can get this one from the clues given.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, David said:

OK, trying to NOT overthink this,

Jeep Grand Cherokee which model year has the 3G Uconnect system.

True...but it is a 2 row..I think he wanted something larger.   

Sorry; have had some depressing automotive news today; my detective hat is on it's hook. 😔

I think knowing what I know in general, the JGC fits the best RE DD's scenario, but I don't know.  Not picking up on '3G'.  Sorry.

- - - - -
grumpiness & sadness 😔

• Sad 3
5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sorry; have had some depressing automotive news today; my detective hat is on it's hook. 😔

I think knowing what I know in general, the JGC fits the best RE DD's scenario, but I don't know.  Not picking up on '3G'.  Sorry.

- - - - -
grumpiness & sadness 😔

3G+15?

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

- - - - -
grumpiness & sadness 😔

What depressing auto news happened today Balthazar?

Sorry Drew to hijack the thread, just wanting to hear what happened.

48 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Drewbert, you left us hangin' on a hook like a Speedo at a pool party.  WHAT DID YOU BUY, MAN?

I’m going to keep you all hanging until one of you gets it or I pick it up on Wednesday. But there are plenty of clues in this thread and you all know me well enough to figure it out.

• Haha 3
45 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

and you all know me well enough to figure it out.

I Dont Know You Anymore GIFs | Tenor

You left us in the middle of the night without warning.  :(  

You never told us what, where, why.  You never even said goodbye.  :angry:

Pin by Dara Johnson on SW // ☆ Anakin Skywalker ☆ | My heart is breaking,  Star wars awesome, Tumblr movie

So now, you come back and you think everything will be alright?  Just like it was before?  

aftermath – Mos Eisley Chronicles

Come here you big lug!  Give me a hug!

aftermath – Mos Eisley Chronicles

• Haha 3