SCOOP: Holden's all-new VE in the open

Interesting looking LWB model: a little more Asian looking than Audi-esque IMO.

Also, there's a rear shot at the Aussie website that reminded me of the Citroen C6. Hopefully that's just from the angle the shots were taken from...

That SS looks sick. I wonder how HSV will top that body kit without being too extravagant.

Edited by ZL-1

Interesting looking LWB model: a little more Asian looking than Audi-esque IMO.

Also, there's a rear shot at the Aussie website that reminded me of the Citroen C6. Hopefully that's just from the angle the shots were taken from...

That SS looks sick. I wonder how HSV will top that body kit without being too extravagant.

You never know... HSV might take the opposite approach and make it a sleeper. ^_^

Now if only we could a few of those out here to give the Audi and BMW saloon's the boot.

Margret Thatcher on a cold day... baseball, baseball.... :blink:

Donw boy, down! :huh:

I'm in love... if you blur your vision you

can see a white Impala SS & pewter

Caprice Classic. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Damn even the Boy-ricer wing looks good.

Posted Image

Better stance than 95% of GM cars made after 1996!!!

I like it, but maybe they can give it just a little more length in the trunk and rear bumper-kind of looks cramped to me back there. But it definitely is a nice car.

If only GM treated us North Americans to such nice cars!

Guest YellowJacket894

A Merc S-Class and a Cadillac STS got together and had a child better known as the new long-wheelbase Holden.

But it still kicks ass!

And the SS gives me pretty big hopes for our Impala. What a great looking car!

:angry: The Statesman better get some style, if it expects to be a Buick. Just putting portholes on the side and a Buickish grille doesn't make a Buick! And this car won't be here for how many more years? If GM brings it here and badges it as a Chevrolet whatever and a Buick Statesman, they better be differentiated a lot, or else their words about brand identities (blah-blah-blah-blah) are hollow. Edited by wildcat

I want the long-wheelbase car as our Impala, Monte Carlo, Invicta and Bonneville. They can leave the greenhouse alone for the Impala, I love it, but everything from the belt down should be unique for us here in the States. The short wheelbase car can serve as a basis for our Camaro and GTO.

These photos are fabulous and give me even more hope for GMNA's future.

Bring 'em on! :)

Someone is totally going to be fired for this. To have it exposed like that is just inexcusable. Unless... GM staged these “spy shots” to create more buzz. Though, I highly doubt that.

That being said. Both vehicles are extremely hot and our Aussie friends will, without a doubt, gobble them up when they come out. Just hope they aren't scared off by high fuel prices.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Posted Image

Next Sedan deVille?

Look at the "porthole" just behind the front wheel

just like the new Escalades', the Caddy-like head

lights and the egg crate grille which even looks

like it has a Creast & Wreath in the center.

Perhaps they'll keep the FWD DTS and call this

a Fleetwood Brougham or something along those

lines. That's the best case scenario. Just like in

the 80s & 90s a FWD & RWD big sedan for Caddy

so that no one feels left out or has an excuse to

not buy a Caddy.

Looks like it will have even more room in the back than the current model - fantastic!

I'm sure HSV will do a Grange again. LWB with LS2 / 6 speed Auto.

www.hsv.com.au

Edited by TKR

Posted Image

Better stance than 95% of GM cars made after 1996!!!

Yes, proper RWD proportions and short overhangs, instead of those annoying long FWD overhangs and short front door-to-wheelwell dimensions....

I saw a red one in Nashville last week.  I thought it was strange to see a Holden in the states...  It was the SS and it sounded like God.

:lol::roflmao: both good news and a hilarious wording at the same time... i like it lol

:angry: The Statesman better get some style, if it expects to be a Buick.  Just putting portholes on the side and a Buickish grille doesn't make a Buick!  And this car won't be here for how many more years?  If GM brings it here and badges it as a Chevrolet whatever and a Buick Statesman, they better be differentiated a lot, or else their words about brand identities (blah-blah-blah-blah) are hollow.

Agreed! And they better not make one of these into a Buick with those dull looking doors with no protection and fenders that are rather blah looking. Getting so sick and tired of cars with all the same look! They all have the same bland side look with no door molding or character line. They all have the same stance. They all have the same dull boring interior colors of depressing gray, bland tan and black. I sure hope these cars aren't what GM has in store for the so called stunning new 09 Impala and 08 Malibu. If so they are in trouble.

Agreed! And they better not make one of these into a Buick with those dull looking doors with no protection and fenders that are rather blah looking. Getting so sick and tired of cars with all the same look! They all have the same bland side look with no door molding or character line. They all have the same stance. They all have the same dull boring interior colors of depressing gray, bland tan and black. I sure hope these cars aren't what GM has in store for the so called stunning new 09 Impala and 08 Malibu. If so they are in trouble.

Are you planning to buy a Buick?

Are you in Buick's demographics?

The LWB model is perfect for Buick.

It's easy to apply a single standard to all cars, regardless to what market it's planned for. Buick is for people in their 50s who want a comfortable, good looking, non dramatic ride. The Lecerne is doing very well.

The Statesman in the pictures is going to be positioned as the "aspirational" sedan. It's not going to sell in huge numbers, but it's going to be the ultimate Buick sedan. It certainly looks the part.

If you want more dramatic styling in a luxury car, that's why Cadillac exists. More money, more power, more style. If you want stylishness in a cheaper package, that's going to be Chevrolet. If you aren't quite at Buick's age level yet, and appriciate German car's restrained styling and emphasis on chassis, performance, and interior comfort, then you're going to want a Pontiac. If you like imports, you'll love Saturn (even though most models will be made here, they are copies of what Opel is selling).

BTW: for those of you who think the regular wheelbase car looks bland, keep in mind it's painted white, and the pics are at a distance. You can't see the details of the sheetmetal. ;)

BTW: for those of you who think the regular wheelbase car looks bland, keep in mind it's painted white, and the pics are at a distance. You can't see the details of the sheetmetal. ;)

I think that one looks amazing, it's the LWB version I don't care much about.

The LWB model is perfectly boring for Buick - and yes, I am hoping to buy a Buick. (I say "hoping" 'cause if it's boring like this, I won't.) I am younger than their demographics, so perhaps they should be interested in my feelings. Buicks don't have to be boring. Buicks weren't boring, until into the 1970s. I don't think a new or future Buick should be bland, just designed differently from, say, Cadillac; but still a premium, stylish appearance. If Ford can be making "Bold Moves," then a premium car like Buick needs its own bold moves!

Edited by wildcat