Jump to content

Industry News: ZETA - Zero Emission Transportation Association - What is it?


Recommended Posts

We're the same age, Horse. I was really good forever, but the last year or so has taken me basically to 'wake up & see what hurts today' status.

Rivian -for me- has a useless bed. That 'cargo tunnel' lopped like 1.5 feet out of it.
But shouldn't be too difficult to build a bed version without it.

But I'm not paying $70 grand for a truck.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ You still have to deal with that poor quality, despite who's name is on the title. It seemed totally obvious via the images, but thanks for the verification. Bolinger will be the Powell Sport

I'm actively shopping right now for a 1500. And I'm certainly mentally willing to work for many more years, but my body is starting to argue with that. Tow ratings around 9000 seem fine (I think

How debate happens on EV's here at C and G...

Posted Images

Turned 50 this year.  Overall, my health is fine..need to take off a few pounds.   But after decades of living in one story homes, moving to a four story split level in 2017 has taken it's toll on my back, hips and knees...some days are fine, other days it's a world of pain....

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After a life time of power lifting and body building, I stick to what Arnold Schwarzenegger always said, pain tells ya your alive and as long as it is tolerable, you know your not 6ft under.

I figure, life is pain, pain is life, as long as I have loved ones around, a job I enjoy and can ski, life is good for me.

Back on topic of the new ZETA group, I suspect FORD F-150 EV will destroy the other truck sales as FORD is planning to offer all the same bed and cab configurations. At that point with more Torque and hauling than an ICE, more traditional truck buyers will move over to the EV. 

I also see this happening with GM and their Chevrolet Silverado EV truck line.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it interesting that the 2yr development cycle is what GM now believes they can do for all EVs and will speed up new models faster and more reliable than ICE.

GMC Hummer Electric Truck | General Motors

Gonna be interesting times for sure on how fast GM can bring in as they have now committed to having affordable EVs for all at all price points over the next 5 years.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, David said:

After a life time of power lifting and body building, I stick to what Arnold Schwarzenegger always said, pain tells ya your alive and as long as it is tolerable, you know your not 6ft under.

I figure, life is pain, pain is life, as long as I have loved ones around, a job I enjoy and can ski, life is good for me.

Back on topic of the new ZETA group, I suspect FORD F-150 EV will destroy the other truck sales as FORD is planning to offer all the same bed and cab configurations. At that point with more Torque and hauling than an ICE, more traditional truck buyers will move over to the EV. 

I also see this happening with GM and their Chevrolet Silverado EV truck line.

With time, Pickup buyers are a traditional lot. I almost see companies like Rivian and Lordstown and the like winning over luxury buyers whoa re looking for something new and different. 

Wife's boss and her partner just got a new full size domestic truck, crew cab. Donna, Amy's partner is turning her BMW SUV in at the end of the lease in  a few weeks. They absolutely love the truck. The ladies love Kyaking and being outdoors, and the truck is infinitely more practical. They also both have dogs, so the additional room is really welcome. Plus, the Pickup rides and drives better than the BMW. So its a win all around.

People like that will be the frotnline buyers for electrics. 

Also, Businesses. When an extermination business needs midsize trucks to go on rounds killing ants and termites, electrics might well be cheaper, mroe reliable and elss maintenance. I think that will be the second step. 

Third step will be people in Urban environments like NYC or Paris which will have more draconian pollution laws which will be ahrder and ahrder for ICE vehicles to meet. 

Guys like Balthazar are not going to be the front line buyers of these trucks. 

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Turned 50 this year.  Overall, my health is fine..need to take off a few pounds.   But after decades of living in one story homes, moving to a four story split level in 2017 has taken it's toll on my back, hips and knees...some days are fine, other days it's a world of pain....

I go up and down steps dozens of times a day and do fine. I just no nlonger want to haul around 4 inch electrical conduit and sling it in over my head on an install. 

2 hours ago, ykX said:

Well they say: if you woke up and nothing hurts - you are dead :)

Enough hurts on me that I know I am very alive...

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

We're the same age, Horse. I was really good forever, but the last year or so has taken me basically to 'wake up & see what hurts today' status.

Rivian -for me- has a useless bed. That 'cargo tunnel' lopped like 1.5 feet out of it.
But shouldn't be too difficult to build a bed version without it.

But I'm not paying $70 grand for a truck.

See above, I am not sure you are going to be the front line target buyer of this. And dammit, I still want a full size diesel truck. 

I think RAM with a cummins would be awesome, but I would trust a GM truck more in terms of electrical issues and general build quality. 

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aslo, Northsky Blue would be a hot color for a GM truck...one ton with a diesel, I could rock that. 

Northsky Blue Metallic

And yes I know the truck pcitured is a 3/4 ton...

Give me a dually or give me death....said Patrick Henry's great great great great great grandson.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Aslo, Northsky Blue would be a hot color for a GM truck...one ton with a diesel, I could rock that. 

Northsky Blue Metallic

And yes I know the truck pcitured is a 3/4 ton...

Give me a dually or give me death....said Patrick Henry's great great great great great grandson.

But that FACE!, Only a mother could love that Ugly Face! :( 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David said:

But that FACE!, Only a mother could love that Ugly Face! :( 

Actually I am to the point of finding them quite attractive. 

"Blu and some others ought to consider......flame around flammable liquids is not always the best..

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'caption this...'

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart businesses always keep an eye on the bottom line. We saw the comparison here of the Tesla vs. Ford police cars- the IC cop car was $29 grand ahead of the electric, and had a lot less maintenance. The pricing on EVs is almost always MUCH higher than IC versions...

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David said:

more reliable than ICE.

Were you asleep when you posted this?  Because you sure are dreamin'.  Absolutely NO PROOF, and with Tesla around, it makes your comment even more hilarious.

6 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

People like that will be the frotnline buyers for electrics. 

Aren't we a bit presumptuous?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David said:

But that FACE!, Only a mother could love that Ugly Face! :( 

Did you NOT see the screen capture of the EV "Silveraydo" from Barra's comedy vid?  The headlight setup is nearly the same as the current HD... you're looking at the parking lamps up top, the headlights will be down below...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 7:43 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

I was specifically only addressing your situation. I'm aware that people in apartments or without off street parking are different.  

As to your charger, you'd probably hardwire an outdoor safe model and hang it on the outside of the garage like a garden hose.  The shortest hardwire units are generally 25" long. 

The eGolf people (and Leaf and Focus EV) are special use cases that only work if they have charger access at their house. The ranges for those models are simply too short to be useful except as a 3rd car in the household and it being dedicated to a specific route and charging pattern. 

However, as more models like the high range Teslas, Fiskers, Hummers, Bolts, F-150s, and Rivians come out, the use case looks remarkably similar to an ICE vehicle. Plug it in at night and go about your normal daily routine. 

Heck, I've got 50% of the action down right now without having an EV in the household. Ever since it got cold here, the Toronado gets put on the battery tender every time it gets parked. 

If Balthazar's Buick had a battery it would be on a charger also.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Did you NOT see the screen capture of the EV "Silveraydo" from Barra's comedy vid?  The headlight setup is nearly the same as the current HD... you're looking at the parking lamps up top, the headlights will be down below...

Yup another Chevy failure in Style, but awesome EV power train.

That Chevy is why I will make a decision between Rivian or Hummer. Way better looking trucks and SUVs.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, balthazar said:

😡 😫 😕 😉

Or wait for the GMC version.

He is as slow buying vehicles as Blu is fast. The Rivian GMC or Hummer he buys will be like the 200 year old beetle in that woody allen movie.

And speaking of woody...Blu being that quick to always blow his load might be why he is sleeping alone tonight. Just saying....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing all the EV Pickup trucks that have been announced for production. Be very interesting to see which ones actually make it to market. I am expecting that 50% will never actually see production and as the Heritage OEM builders start to deliver their trucks, it will reduce this down to maybe just Tesla and Rivian being the new kids on the block that survive along with Lordstown as a special Niche builder since they are focusing on Commercial use / Governments.

Hummer by GMC

image.png

Ford F-150 EV Pickup

image.png

Lordstown Endurance EV Pickup

image.png

Rivian R1T ev pickup

image.png

Havelaar Bison EV Pickup

image.png

Neuron EV Pickup

image.png

Atlas EV Pickup

image.png

Workhorse EV Pickup

image.png

Tesla Cyber Truck EV Pickup

image.png
Nissan / Hercules EV Pickup

image.png

Bollinger EV Pickup

image.png

Nikola Hydrogen/EV Pickup

image.png

image.png

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough to fill a pretty small (albeit scary, environmentally) junkyard.  So much comedic value in this ^ post.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Enough to fill a pretty small (albeit scary, environmentally) junkyard.  So much comedic value in this ^ post.

Nissan is also bringing out an Electric truck, so you will need more room in your junkyard, scooter. 

I really wish the Nikola were likely to see production and pure BEV. I kind of like the looks of it. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Nissan is also bringing out an Electric truck, so you will need more room in your junkyard, scooter. 

I really wish the Nikola were likely to see production and pure BEV. I kind of like the looks of it. 

Saw an update on Bloomberg this morning that Nissan is moving forward with tying up with Hercules EV pickup as I posted above in the list of EV pickups. Nissan seems to want to move this forward asap.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...