Industry News: ZETA - Zero Emission Transportation Association - What is it?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Saw an update on Bloomberg this morning that Nissan is moving forward with tying up with Hercules EV pickup as I posted above in the list of EV pickups. Nissan seems to want to move this forward asap.

Good for them. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ You still have to deal with that poor quality, despite who's name is on the title. It seemed totally obvious via the images, but thanks for the verification. Bolinger will be the Powell Sport

I'm actively shopping right now for a 1500. And I'm certainly mentally willing to work for many more years, but my body is starting to argue with that. Tow ratings around 9000 seem fine (I think

How debate happens on EV's here at C and G...

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, balthazar said:

LOT of ugliness in that collage of EV trucks. No way does Bolinger survive; the price vs. appearance is totally inverted. The Big 3 by far have the best chances moving forward.

Big three ahve the most experience building actual vehicles. Teslas problem isn't that they can't master 21'st century technology like self driving cars, it's that they can't master 1940's technology like doors that shut properly. 

• Upvote 3
57 minutes ago, balthazar said:

LOT of ugliness in that collage of EV trucks. No way does Bolinger survive; the price vs. appearance is totally inverted. The Big 3 by far have the best chances moving forward.

I've seen the Bolinger in person.  It's what happens when someone gets an EV powertrain and has a bunch of flat sheet metal, an arc welder, a JC Whitney Catalog, and a few rolls of remnant office carpeting laying around.  They had a booth at the L.A. show the same year the Rivian debuted.... and I was like, "You can't be serious.... "

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I've seen the Bolinger in person.  It's what happens when someone gets an EV powertrain and has a bunch of flat sheet metal, an arc welder, a JC Whitney Catalog, and a few rolls of remnant office carpeting laying around.  They had a booth at the L.A. show the same year the Rivian debuted.... and I was like, "You can't be serious.... "

Kind of wondered if it would be like that....from the photos I've seen, it looks like a kit car..very crude.

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Kind of wondered if it would be like that....from the photos I've seen, it looks like a kit car..very crude.

It is astonishingly crude....and at $125 grand....lots of other options exist. 

CLOSEUP-DASH-SMALL.jpg

Interior is 1975 CJ-5 plain....will not sell in the modern market. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

CLOSEUP-DASH-SMALL.jpg

$125k would buy a nicely equipped Range Rover...

2021-land-rover-range-rover-dashboard-carbuzz-616287.jpg

• Upvote 1
Just now, Robert Hall said:

$125k would buy a nicely equipped Range Rover...

2021-land-rover-range-rover-dashboard-carbuzz-616287.jpg

Yep. And both the Range Rover and Bolinger would be an unmitigated quality disaster. 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yep. And both the Range Rover and Bolinger would be an unmitigated quality disaster. 

Which is why Range Rovers are better to be leased, not owned...that great British quality.

• Upvote 2

^ You still have to deal with that poor quality, despite who's name is on the title.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

"You can't be serious.... "

It seemed totally obvious via the images, but thanks for the verification. Bolinger will be the Powell Sport Wagon of the '20s.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, balthazar said:

^ You still have to deal with that poor quality, despite who's name is on the title.

It seemed totally obvious via the images, but thanks for the verification. Bolinger will be the Powell Sport Wagon of the '20s.

Or the Bricklin....remember those?

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

CLOSEUP-DASH-SMALL.jpg

The Bolinger is what Gru from Minions would drive if they ever did a live action version of the movie.... except it would be nuclear fission powered or something. 

• Upvote 2
On 11/20/2020 at 8:28 AM, David said:

Battery tech is moving away from precious rare earth elements and that is proven in a variety of new solid state battery production that comes online next year for a wide variety of EVs that will be produced next year and moving forward.

No Charging Network, please state where you actually live as I am willing to bet there are far more charging options than you are aware of or willing to acknowledge. Cold weather issues have been made moot. How you will ask, easy just like ICE auto's loose MPG efficiency in cold weather, batteries do too, to offset this, we have Hydro thermal management and that has been proven well by Tesla and GM in their current EVs where people have lost some range but over all still have plenty to get out and about to work, errands, etc.

You are right on it will take time and yet we have seen where properly motivated and supported, you can change the masses to embrace change.

NORWAY leads the world with over 60% of new auto sales being EVs for the last 2 years and climbing. Yes a small country compared to the US, but a great example of how they have embraced change for a better healthy life for the MASSES.

Here are sites that track where one can charge their EV.

https://www.plugshare.com/

https://chargehub.com/en/charging-stations-map.html

If you do not like 3rd party mapping sites, then use the Governments own location site that shows the 100's of thousands of charging locations and growing.

https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_stations.html

charge times, inadequate,

all the new tehcnologies, you mention, are they AFFORDABLE for the masses yet?

embrace change? change is good, if its convenient, cheap, and dependable FOR THE CONSUMER.

263.6 million

Overall, there were an estimated 263.6 million registered vehicles in the United States in 2015, most of which were passenger vehicles. This number, along with the average age of vehicles, has increased steadily since 1960

right now if if annual vehicle sales is between 6 and 7% replacement each year, it will be many years before many purchase their next vehicle.  Vehicles can often have 15-20 year life.  So, in 2020 you cannot legislate a rapid changeover to eliminate fuel vehicles.  Especially when the argument you use is thin, and so many vehicles are on the road already.  This is what we call, let the market take care of it.  Now, the government may provide some subisidies for electric propulsion technology and that is fair due to 'diversity of energy sources'.  Ethanol was subsidized (too much) and neither should electric.  It all comes back to where does the electricity come from, and anyone who is a realist knows that our country's complete energy needs cannot be reliably provided from -renewable-(cough) energy sources anytime soon.  The only way you can force renewable sources on people right now is through forced taxation.  

And then, just when they pull the plug on gas vehicles, the prices of the electrics will be kept high so THE MASSES cannot have personal mobility.  Gas vehicles on the existing infrastructure allow more people the chance at personal freedom and mobility, which is what has always set our country apart.  Forcing electric technology and cutting off gas is really a veiled attempt at restricting personal mobility in your own car.  Because they can not roll it out conviently and afordable without taxing the crap out of everyone by legislative fiat rather than the market, just yet.

And sorry, the cold weather issues are not taken care of yet.  won't be for while for the masses.  20-40% range loss quite common.  In a northern state and in particular in driving through blizzards, you can't afford to risk it in an electric until the convenient and frequent charge network like gas is built.  

I'm not opposed to electrics.  I almost got a Volt before, but it was too small.  Almost no one builds a truly spacious medium priced EV.  I like the Bolt, but its a toy, its too small.  Malibu and Fusion hybrids I looked at.  Hybrid is a great option but they have to start pricing the hybrids as cheap as the gas models if they want them to sell.  I would love to have an electric actually, but not as my main vehicle right now.

Norway is almost an irrelevant country.  They are very small and quite honestly are a pretty homogenous country, culturally.  And they have profited most from oil as anyone ever.

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 3
22 hours ago, David said:

Saw an update on Bloomberg this morning that Nissan is moving forward with tying up with Hercules EV pickup as I posted above in the list of EV pickups. Nissan seems to want to move this forward asap.

Good. the more the merrier. 

• Haha 1
On 11/25/2020 at 5:02 AM, ocnblu said:

Enough to fill a pretty small (albeit scary, environmentally) junkyard.  So much comedic value in this ^ post.

By the Park

• Haha 1