Item: 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Duramax

A little fender bender?  Like how little of a fender bender is it?

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

had a very minor fender-bender in rear quarter, behind rear tire. Nothing structural, didn’t touch the tire.

Because I dont know how I would react if it was MY new vehicle being delivered and I hadnt even sat in it yet...

Bumpers on cars are meant to be bumped. Hence the name.  Keeping your truck for 15+ years wouldnt make a difference if your new truck that you hadnt even sat it was bumped before you got it. 

On the other hand...ITS A BRAND NEW TRUCK THAT YOU DIDNT BUMP IT!!!  

For me, There is a huuuuuuge difference in ME hitting MY car and for somebody ELSE bumping a car I dont even own yet...

And my statement just now is with a slight bump...

If body panels had to be changed, Id definitely refuse delivery even if no structural damaged had been done.  But then again, if I  needed a truck right now, because the one I own HAS to be replaced, and because of chip shortages has made choices to buy another truck downright difficult, then Id accept delivery, but for MORE than 2 monthly payments.   Id try maybe to renegotiate the price of that truck and try to get as much of a discount on it as I can.  

Good luck Balthy!  

This kind of shyte you did not need!  

Good luck!

I started paying attention on my commute and I see substantially more Sierras than SIlverados, almost like 8 or 10 to 1.  Not sure if it is the looks of the Silverado or some other thing.

GMC is dominate around here, I actually have 4 GMC dealerships I can go to locally to the 2 Chevrolet dealerships.

Squeeze them for all they got on damaging your new ride.

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

On 5/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, Robert Hall said:

Length and wheelbase look similar, the new one looks taller--mostly wheel/tire size, I'd assume..though the nose looks taller. 

The nose is taller on the new truck as a mechanical design decision. I spoke with a GM rep pretty high up when the current trucks came out.  The height of the nose was done like that for two reasons. 1. It allowed them to move more of the dirty bits forward away from the cab to improve cab interior room. It also allowed for doing this with longer/taller I-6 engines. 

• Thanks 1

I took delivery of the GMC with 110 miles on it. No doubt, it spent some time idling around the body shop, the dealer, etc... plus transport mileage. Anyhoo- then the 400-mile MPG window stated an average of 16.4 MPG. Miles have now doubled to 220, MPG is up to 18.8. Maintaining 65 on level highway, turning about 1250 RPM, instant average MPG hovers around 35. I don't do much highway miles but expect to settle around 22, and that's already 'gravy'. Of course- powertrain is still breaking in.

BTW- tho I got it with a 'full' tank, I cannot verify as to the actual fuel level when I started driving it or how many miles was already on it when fueled.

Anyway; I myself put 110 miles on it, and it reads I have another 398 miles of range left- that's 508. Calculated max range is 624 miles, so that's probably with no topping off (220 + 398 = 618 miles). Pretty awesome range- I should only be 'charging' my truck once every 20 days. :P

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

I took delivery of the GMC with 110 miles on it. No doubt, it spent some time idling around the body shop, the dealer, etc... plus transport mileage. Anyhoo- then the 400-mile MPG window stated an average of 16.4 MPG. Miles have now doubled to 220, MPG is up to 18.8. Maintaining 65 on level highway, turning about 1250 RPM, instant average MPG hovers around 35. I don't do much highway miles but expect to settle around 22, and that's already 'gravy'. Of course- powertrain is still breaking in.

BTW- tho I got it with a 'full' tank, I cannot verify as to the actual fuel level when I started driving it or how many miles was already on it when fueled.

Anyway; I myself put 110 miles on it, and it reads I have another 398 miles of range left- that's 508. Calculated max range is 624 miles, so that's probably with no topping off (220 + 398 = 618 miles). Pretty awesome range- I should only be 'charging' my truck once every 20 days. :P

How big is the diesel fuel tank?