1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Manufacturer video

Why is the music so somber?  Its a promotional video, right? 

Or did GM cleverly want the dealerships and their salesmen to get in the mood of being in their deathbeds so they could sell to their target market more efficiently? 

After viewing this thread and viewing this vid, I moseyed on over to  Peter D's website.   His latest rant,  he chastised BMW's latest marketing campaign video.

I found the ad funny and not disturbing at all. I saw connections to it from the movie/cartoon Cars. The interactions between Paul Newman as the Hudson Hornet with Owen Wilson's Lightning McQueen.  Anyway...

I found it funny and ironic  that BMW is NOW equating  its anti-Cadillac 7 Series to a Cadillac Fleetwood from the 1980s.  THAT is what I find WTF and OMG from the ad. NOT the ad itself as Peter D has. 

http://www.autoextremist.com/

Edited by oldshurst442

The funeral home background music is very odd, as is their fascination with the trip computer.  They had disastrous engines, although what those old Cadillacs did have is presence, and the current crop has no presence.   New Cadillacs need style and something to make them feel special.  

The BMW video was really lame.  The Crhis Bangle era 7-series was not only butt ugly, but it replaced one of the best looking sedans ever.  

10 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Why is the music so somber?  Its a promotional video, right? 

That's not Cadillac-sourced music, someone put the video and audio together.
Cadillac tunes in that era were much more upbeat.

I think the current Cadillacs have excellent presence. They do some very dynamic surface transitioning.  

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.37.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.38.02 PM.png

Yeah...the video did not feel right.  

The rest of my post regarding geriatric Cadillac insults was just me screwing around.

All big Cadillacs, love 'em or hate 'em.   Whether you think old fogeys drive 'em or not,  ALL got GREAT presence regardless what decade we are talking about.   

I think the James Bond era 7 Series is the most blandest big car EVER made.

BMW Sold a Real Version of James Bond's E38 7 Series, and We've Got the  Owner's Manual

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I wont hold it against you if you think this car is handsome. I could actually see why someone would find it appealing. But its bland.  

Most people like to shyte on the Bangle Butt 7 Series, but it IS imposing. It HAS presence. 

The BMW ad is very juvenile. Its childish.  But like I said, it DOES emulate Pixar's Cars.  A kid's cartoon movie. THAT is why I found it fun. 

Was the ad appropriate as a launching pad for BMW's new generation of EVs and new generation of BMW owners?   I guess not.   24 hours later and I see Peter D's point of view and to why Balthy responded to the ad as lame/juvenile. 

I still find it ironic though that the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE company would screw with their brand image with the cars that helped them achieve the ultimate driving experience and sink those to the level of geriatric Cadillacs.    And...advertise the merits of computers numbing the experience of actual driving the damned car...