Jump to content

CES 2021 - The Cadillac Celestiq Concept :Comments


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The XT5, XT4 interiors are nothing special, a Tesla Model S is as nice as those.  Overall as a brand, Cadillac has better interiors than Tesla.  But Tesla has more performance, Tesla's XT6 competitor is faster than a Corvette.  

Technology will play a role too, EV range, and most importantly brand image.   Tesla outsells Cadillac now, I don't see why Tesla won't in 5 years.  

That’s because Tesla has had the bulk of the EV market to themselves. Let’s revisit those numbers in about three to five years when the competition goes all in on EVs. 
 

And Tesla interiors are garbage in fit and finish and quality. You are delusional to think otherwise much think it’s better than Cadillac. 

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Humans kill 35,000 people a year in car crashes in just the USA.  If semi-autonomous or autonomous drive even cut that in half, that is a substantial amount of lives saved.

There is absolutely no correlation or data to suggest that will actually happen. Hell, in its current form, autopilot has made it worse. Ask the idiots who decided to take naps while their Tesla’s “drove” them home. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, balthazar said:

How would that remotely happen? Isn’t tesla charging buyers like 5 grand to unlock autopilot? Would take 150 years to get even half the vehicles to be on an ‘autopilot’ on all roads. ‘tis to laugh.

I imagine by 2030 level 2 autonomy will be mandated the way ABS is now.  So every new car will have it.  The S-class can go to level 4 on a gel-fenced area next year, so by 2032 I bet many cars are capable of that.

14 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

That’s because Tesla has had the bulk of the EV market to themselves. Let’s revisit those numbers in about three to five years when the competition goes all in on EVs. 
 

And Tesla interiors are garbage in fit and finish and quality. You are delusional to think otherwise much think it’s better than Cadillac. 

There is absolutely no correlation or data to suggest that will actually happen. Hell, in its current form, autopilot has made it worse. Ask the idiots who decided to take naps while their Tesla’s “drove” them home. 


I said Cadillac has better interiors than Tesla.  But Tesla outsells Cadillac anyway.  

Not just auto pilot but all self driving systems.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smk4565 said:


I said Cadillac has better interiors than Tesla.  But Tesla outsells Cadillac anyway.  

 

You also said that models like the XT4 and XT5 were no better than the Tesla S hence my rebuttal, skipping the fact that the S cost $30-40K MORE with that uninspiring interior.

 

"The XT5, XT4 interiors are nothing special, a Tesla Model S is as nice as those."

Edited by surreal1272
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The XT5, XT4 interiors are nothing special, a Tesla Model S is as nice as those.  

AAAAAAaaabsolutely not.... and I'm no big fan of the XT interiors (though XT6 is nice enough if a bit bland in styling)

The Model S interior is very creaky, loads of cheap plastic, misaligned panels and seams, minimalism to the point of starkness, and lets not forget the window switches from a Dodge Dart.

18 hours ago, balthazar said:

How would that remotely happen? Isn’t tesla charging buyers like 5 grand to unlock autopilot? Would take 150 years to get even half the vehicles to be on an ‘autopilot’ on all roads. ‘tis to laugh.

$10k on the Model Y I priced out yesterday. 

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

There’s no legitimate safety-based case for mandating an autonomous driving feature.

Have you seen the drivers in NJ?

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Have you seen the drivers in NJ?

Your bringing back the year and half I lived out of a hotel in Princeton for a job and your right, the drivers there are scary stuff! :P 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife's co-worker moved here recently from somewhere a number of states away, and her comment RE Jersey drivers was priceless; "lawless animals". It's fine here, just keep your slow-ass in the right lane. ;)

Most accidents aren't on limited major highways where AD currently is enablable, they're on all other roads. I declined to pay $900 for the 'safety package' option on my ordered truck, and I'd never pay $2-10 grand to momentarily take my hands off the wheel so... I can rest them in my lap yet still have to be alert/looking thru the windshield. Amazing that some folk think this is a viable choice.

IMO, that's like paying 10 grand to hit an optional button while you're driving, every 10 seconds, that silences the buzzer that's letting you know you're driving.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Wife's co-worker moved here recently from somewhere a number of states away, and her comment RE Jersey drivers was priceless; "lawless animals". It's fine here, just keep your slow-ass in the right lane. ;)

I'm a much calmer driver here in Pittsburgh. They're overly polite in this city to the point of being annoying.  When I'm back in NJ or NY, I turn into Mr. Hyde. 

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Most accidents aren't on limited major highways where AD currently is enablable, they're on all other roads. I declined to pay $900 for the 'safety package' option on my ordered truck, and I'd never pay $2-10 grand to momentarily take my hands off the wheel so... I can rest them in my lap yet still have to be alert/looking thru the windshield. Amazing that some folk think this is a viable choice.

But the more severe accidents are on the high speed highways. My experience driving a SuperCruise Cadillac to NJ was that it was much less tiring than doing the driving myself.  In day to day commuting I'd want to drive myself, but after about 30 minutes on the PA Turnpike that I've driven hundreds of times, I'm fine letting the car do most of the driving. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ykX said:

NJ is nothing compared to NYC drivers

And from my travel I have to say that MA drivers are not better than NJ.

Totally agree, there seems to be two mind sets, those that see auto's as an appliance to be used and those that care about their auto and not wanting to mess it up. NJ, NY, MA, etc. I saw way too many new auto's messed up as the owners / drivers just did not care. I also saw those that did care. Clearly a mixed pot, but you have aggressive reckless drivers and then what I call the aggressive defensive driver. I put myself in the second camp of aggressive but defensive driver.

I want to get from point A to B and back but without damaging my auto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David said:

those that see auto's as an appliance to be used and those that care about their auto and not wanting to mess it up

I don't think being aggressive driver and caring about your car are same things.  Also, living in big cities with very limited parking and a lot of congestion will put scuffs and dings on your car no matter how careful you are.  I haven't seen one big city where cars didn't look like they just came out of demolition derby.

Edited by ykX
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, balthazar said:

IMO, that's like paying 10 grand to hit an optional button while you're driving, every 10 seconds, that silences the buzzer that's letting you know you're driving.

I share your sentiment regarding "autonomous" driving. Including Supercruising. 

I have never thought it it that way but ABSOLUTELY YES!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...