Pets, All about our furry friends, kids, adopted, raised, etc. Show off the pets!

Recent pics of the furkids, with their winter long coats. 

Raine (age 7):  She's an Australian Terrier mix, about 14 lbs.  

IMG-4680.thumb.jpg.b0701bab7e0280659bd4b6bb11ae2ac2.jpg

Henry (14) and Ginger (12), two adorable Yorkies...10 lbs and 6lbs

IMG-4834.jpg

Raine, Ginger and Beardsley:

IMG-4839.jpg

Beardsley (8), he's some sort of mix, about 12 lbs

IMG-4840.jpg

Beardsley out in the snow:

IMG-4850.jpg

Henry:

IMG-4869.jpg

Henry:

IMG-4878.jpg

Alas, these two passed away in the last couple of years--Zo (14) in Apr 2020, and Penny (14) in July 2019.  Both were Yorkies, he was rather large for the breed.

IMG-4808.JPG.4d9b7d47a04e4391a7ebc03c062dc757.JPG

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 67impss said:

Yes they are 😊 how old is she in this video

3 months old.

• Upvote 1

I only had a dog as a teen, providing 12 years of joy through college and entering the workforce.  

She was 35 pound, natural dock tailed, blue merle Australian Shepherd.  (This is obviously a faded photo.)  She far exceeded what I could have hoped for in being a smart, fun, and loyal pet.

909988659_Dogphoto3.thumb.jpg.70a337bc06cec76ec98099285dac5753.jpg

Is it any wonder I'm stuck on the idea of getting a Miniature Australian Shepherd?

Also, there is no dog versus cat scenario for me.  I prefer a dog but there are a fair number of cats with great personalities out there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I grew up with German Shepherds and Dobermans.  My folks also had Cairns and Miniature Schnauzers when I was very little but i barely remember them.   I credit my sister with getting me interested in small terrier breeds in the late 90s when she & ex-husband #3 had 3 Westies (he had one already when they got married).   

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I grew up with German Shepherds and Dobermans.  My folks also had Cairns and Miniature Schnauzers when I was very little but i barely remember them.   I credit my sister with getting me interested in small terrier breeds in the late 90s when she & ex-husband #3 had 3 Westies (he had one already when they got married).   

Along with Pit Bulls, Presa Canarios, and Rottweilers, these make the list of challenging breeds to own.  I was actually surprised to see German Shepherds on the list, given that they are part of the working dog and herding dog family.  However, the write-ups go on to say that they are very smart and will finally have had enough if an owner were to mistreat them and can turn.  Most German Shepherds I've been around aren't the friendliest dogs.  And, since it looks like and is a close kin of the German Shepherd, the Belgian Shepherd (comes in about 4 different breed name variants, which I have forgotten or can't readily spell) gets the same sort of marks.  They are also used for critical and important work, are aloof, and aren't recommended for families with young kids, since they won't be accommodating when rug rats start pulling their tails, playing with their ears, and all that.

Edited by trinacriabob

Cora's first snow

Cora crashed after playing. 🤔 Wonder if she got into the Dessert wines? 

47129.jpeg

• Upvote 1