Sign in to follow this  
Cory Wolfe

Black Viper Sketching

17 posts in this topic

Cory Wolfe    263

Since I have alot of free time, I thought I'd open myself up for business. :P

What does that mean, you ask? Basically that I'll take sketching requests. Whatever you desire. Want a sketch of the car that sits in you're driveway? Or how about one of your dream car? Or maybe you'd like to see what a certain car would like that isn't on the market? Anything goes. Tell me, show me, and I'll do my best. I can simple outline sketches or I can go all out with shading. I can do coloring as well (for sketches in which I'd work off a supplied picture). Backgrounds aren't off limits either. I can do the background of the supplied picture or sketch in a different prefered background, also supplied.

Some examples of my work:

Posted Image

This is just a very primative sketch of my mom's 02 Sunfire GT. It's a very simple straight on front view. There's no shading at the moment or a background either. To add to that, it was done by memory, so it isn't perfectly in scale with the actual car as well as a few details that are off. But, I will be working on it until is a 100% complete to show you my full capabilities.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These sketches are an example of what I can do creatively. With those interiors and rear views can be done, as shown in the next example. Exterior views can be done from whatever angle you prefer, btw. Another example...

Posted Image

*This will be updated with scans of the older sketches in the future*

oh my... that monte carlo is one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen... do me and knightfan a favor and mail that to the chevy design department please?

CaddyXLR-V    3

How about what a modern Grand Prix Coupe should look like, instead of how GM ruined it in 2004. Basically an updated, newer version of my 98, and maybe a few cues from a 66-67 GTO, without looking retro.

Nice drawings dude. The Monte Carlo looks great. Like the sport wagon too. I wish I was this good.

If you're up to it, how about a new Bonneville/Aurora?

Do your very own take on a 5th gen. FireChicken but base it

on the Camaro Concept... phoenix on the hood prefered. :)

mute    0

hah yuo drew half a sunfire and then copied that half almost exactly . . . . you have two almost steeering wheels

i love the monte tho great work

ocnblu    732
Hmmm... how about a Chevy Colorado extended cab Z71 4X4 front 3/4 view... with your take on a junior version of the 900 Silverado front clip and bedside panels. This would be a facelift of the current 355, so the cab and doors would be the same as now. Thanks In Advance, sir.

Cory Wolfe    263

hah yuo drew half a sunfire and then copied that half almost exactly . . . . you have two almost steeering wheels

i love the monte tho great work

No, no... I didn't put any steering wheel it.... that's just shading blunders.

Anyways, what I really wanted to do was sketch member's rides, you know? I'm not saying the above suggestions aren't acceptable... it's just I don't want to do just that. I actually want to do more rides and other stuff than imaginative sketches of non-exsitant vehicles. Again, though, they're not off limits as I listed them.

The last MC pix is your best one of this bunch !...that one lets the eye do the shading and shapes the car. You would love the benefits to your drawings of using Alias Sketchbook pro, you can get a free 15 day download tooif you go to autodesk.com.. I suggest you give it a test drive, it will speed up your ability to shade and dare I say improve your quality level as well, I know it has for me !

Oh and uh, how bout drawing a TOP FUEL DRAGSTER for me !!!!

Im working on a few myself and would like to see what you can come up with ?

Nice works, keep this thread going !!

well if you want to do peoples rides... why dont ya give mine a shot...

Posted Image

the left side is cut off but its not too far away from the end anyway... if you look you can see the exhaust on the left side... so try and finish it? please? lol

dont include the background on this one... and if at all possible... dont use that huge spot of glare... i couldnt close the garage door with my car like that so i had to deal with the reflection of the house across the street...

if your really bored and want to do a background... do whatever you think would look best... have fun lol

This is cool man, I've always respected your drawing abilities. I wonder what you could do with my car...

Dont be biased. Yes it's a 'Yota, but it is RWD and turbo'd. hehe

Posted Image

Doing the background is your choice, and you need not draw the snow on the car. Also just make the front lip complete and - the smudge.

:)

Edited by fuel_sipping

Hmmm... very nice Supra. Not bad at all for a Nipponese car. :D

I'd love to see you draw my Maxima, I 'm sure you can come across

a ton of photos of it all over this forum.

Turbojett    103

well if you want to do peoples rides... why dont ya give mine a shot...

Posted Image

the left side is cut off but its not too far away from the end anyway... if you look you can see the exhaust on the left side... so try and finish it? please? lol

dont include the background on this one... and if at all possible... dont use that huge spot of glare... i couldnt close the garage door with my car like that so i had to deal with the reflection of the house across the street...

if your really bored and want to do a background... do whatever you think would look best... have fun lol

no, showing glare likr that on a black car is good, it shows a little more contrasts and makes the image pop out a little more. but if he drew it, just don't go into so much detail as to actually add the full reflection of the house across the street-just a big blank white space.

XP715    6

If you want a challenge, you could always give my car a shot if you want.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There ain't a straight line on it! :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this