GMC HUMMER EV SUV | THE NEXT ALL-ELECTRIC SUPERTRUCK | GMC

• 2 weeks later...

As much as these GMC Hummers have a cool factor that is off the charts, and I really really do like them, a lot, Im also in the "I dont give a shyte" camp about them. 

I want an EV from gm with that kind of flair and panache and arrogance and style in the form of...  I dont know really.   All I know is, these are great, but not really my style.   

Too big. Too trucky. Too expensive. 

I dont want this horrid thing either

New Mercedes EQS revealed: price, specs and release date | carwow

First Look: 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 | Driving

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The Hummers are interesting, as are the Rivians.  Too pricey for me to be too interested in though.  It will be interesting to see how they do in the market.  

About as well as the original H1 and H2 Hummer launches 20 years ago.  And about as short of a time too.

The tech behind them, freedom mode and crab walk, are neat features, but to me at least, these are novelty acts. 

Crab walk is a useful thing. Hopefully gm puts that feature in its EV pick-up trucks with LOWER price tags because these Hummers wont survive long term.  Maybe smaller and cheaper priced GMCs with the Hummer trim would be better as these ones are really just expensive toys for the financially independent folk.  The novelty will wear off quickly as soon as somebody will produce the next cool toy.  

• 2 months later...

GM is finally letting more auto reviews done on the Hummer Twins. Very good read.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1132745_up-close-with-the-gmc-hummer-ev-and-suv-electric-largesse-has-arrived

I am really liking the Hummer SUV in their Green. The images have lots of other candy too in the background some even covered up which makes me wonder what other EVs we have not seen yet.

gmc-hummer-ev_100797443_h.jpggmc-hummer-ev_100797464_h.jpg

I am liking the F-150 Lighting also and it got me to comparing the GMC Hummer truck to the Ford Lightning and as they say, winning is in the details.

Ford Frunk

image.png

GMC Hummer Frunk

image.png

We know the Ford is Production and the Hummer is Concept, but the Ford is winning in Frunk space, finished insulated hood for the seals to rub against compared to the Hummer. Ford has electrical outlets and lights that can be turned on to highlight the Frunk at night for better use. Ford Frunk is twice the capacity of the Ford.

Some clear issues that Ford did a better job on than GMC Hummer. One has to wonder about the Ford SUV as I would expect the same Frunk on a Ford SUV.

Interesting considerations.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, David said:

GM is finally letting more auto reviews done on the Hummer Twins. Very good read.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1132745_up-close-with-the-gmc-hummer-ev-and-suv-electric-largesse-has-arrived

I am really liking the Hummer SUV in their Green. The images have lots of other candy too in the background some even covered up which makes me wonder what other EVs we have not seen yet.

gmc-hummer-ev_100797443_h.jpggmc-hummer-ev_100797464_h.jpg

The more I see this, the better its looking to me. 

• Agree 1

Interesting comparison of the F-150 Lightning to the GMC HUMMER Truck.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Where Ford has clearly stated that ALL FORD DEALERS will be selling their EV products as it is part of their normal FORD family. GM I feel is making a HUGE mistake here in that they are trying to make EVs a separate division and as such you have to sign up for selling them. While Cadillac has made it clear that the future is EV and to stay a Cadillac dealer you have to sell them and convert over to BEVs. For GMC according to this story only half will sell EVs as GMC is making it a separate agreement that dealerships must sign.

Only Half Of GMC Dealers To Sell Hummer EV | GM Authority

Is GMC wanting to thin out the dealers and might use this to cut off non-EV dealerships down the road? 🤔

@ccap41 @Robert Hall @balthazar @surreal1272 @smk4565 @ykX @oldshurst442 

@Drew Dowdell @NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

What are your guys thoughts?

Sounds like GM is being very cautious with getting the Hummer EV out there.  It's going to be a very low volume, high price range topper niche model, a different approach to Ford's mainstream Lightning... 

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I like the Lightning much better from an appearance perspective, but I see a place in the world for the Hummer too. 

Thats where I'm at with it too. I like the concept of the Hummer but the Ford is far more everyday usable and livable. I really hope they both do well in their respective markets.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sounds like GM is being very cautious with getting the Hummer EV out there.  It's going to be a very low volume, high price range topper niche model, a different approach to Ford's mainstream Lightning... 

Wonder how GM will do it with the Silverado EV pickup. Hopefully it is to be like the Lightning, for everyone from fleet to average Joe.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Has there been a peep about this yet? 

Been monitoring GM media sites and nothing yet, but I am expecting an announcement this summer.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, David said:

Wonder how GM will do it with the Silverado EV pickup. Hopefully it is to be like the Lightning, for everyone from fleet to average Joe.

I'd assume they are paying attention to Ford.   

26 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I'd assume they are paying attention to Ford.   

I hope so as to me it would seem common sense to make all global Chevrolet dealers sell the EV products especially since the Silverado is supposed to be for everyone from fleet to private.

Like you said, hopefully Chevrolet BEV team is also paying attention to the details for the truck as they need to be equal and hopefully better than Ford.

Seems for the 4th of July, GMC Hummer mule video has been released showing off the WATTS to FREEDOM.

9,046 pounds of auto going 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds. Terrified or what?

• Like 1

^^^  I liiiiiike it! 

9000 lbs.  0-60 in 3 seconds or under.  

Its like Lawrence Taylor coming at ya!

Lt sack lawrence taylor GIF on GIFER - by Malar

Ill keep on saying it...imagine THIS tech in an EV V Series Cadillac or the EV Vette. 

Tesla has got NOTHING on GM...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

^^^  I liiiiiike it! 

Ill keep on saying it...imagine THIS tech in an EV V Series Cadillac or the EV Vette. 

RIGHT!!!

I believe the future is going to be bloody fast and the world has seen nothing yet on what can be done especially when you reduce the weight for a Corvette or V-series Cadillac car.

Maybe the Tesla S Plaid that burned down saw this video and got scared. :P 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, David said:

GM I feel is making a HUGE mistake here in that they are trying to make EVs a separate division and as such you have to sign up for selling them.

It's not a separate Division; there are a number of costly upgrades associated with carrying the Hummer line. That doesn't mean a Buick-GMC store cannot continue without carrying the Hummer line. Kudos to GM for giving the dealers the option rather than dictating. Hummer is not going to be a huge volume seller anyway.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

It's not a separate Division; there are a number of costly upgrades associated with carrying the Hummer line. That doesn't mean a Buick-GMC store cannot continue without carrying the Hummer line. Kudos to GM for giving the dealers the option rather than dictating. Hummer is not going to be a huge volume seller anyway.

Yet, we know that GMC will have EV trucks just like the silverado EV, so why not just enable everyone with a date to have the tools and support inline by X date. 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:46 PM, oldshurst442 said:

^^^  I liiiiiike it! 

The Cybertruck is faster than the C8 or the Ford GT in a straight line, and it has towing and payload that matches and F250, better ground clearance and approach angle than a G-wagon, and has 4 wheel steering, and is going to have a solar tonneau cover.  And the Cybertruck has a bigger bed than the Hummer  and is cheaper too.  

Agree that I'd like to see what they do with EV Cadillacs and Corvette, but they need to get the weight out.  

On 7/1/2021 at 9:26 PM, David said:

Yet, we know that GMC will have EV trucks just like the silverado EV, so why not just enable everyone with a date to have the tools and support inline by X date. 

GM can mandate dealers spend X amount of dollars for EV upgrades, I guess the dealer can decide when to do it, but in 15 years GM might only have electric cars, so every GM dealer that wants to stay open will have to spend the money to upgrade at some point.  Might not be until 2030, but EV will replace gas eventually.