GM News: Silverado Confirmed with Hummer SUV and Truck to be built at gm's Factory ZERO Plant

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Maybe true, for today's world.  Performance metrics are thrown out the window.  I wonder how long that kind of debauchery will last though.  Last time I checked, sales derived profits are what makes a business, any business, stay alive...

I wonder when all that imaginary money dries up, and there are no more idiot investors trying to make a quick buck STOP the money faucet, I wonder what all those  Wallstreet up sellers and short sellers and fast money makers and con artists and thieves and get rich quick scammers and shyte disturbers and filth of the earth will do?

Tesla is not going anywhere.  But they might NOT be an EV producin' entity though, if they do NOT give the world a gen two  Model S and Model X and gen two Model  3 and Model Y.   The Ford Mach E is getting conquest sales from Tesla...   

So when YOU are tooting Tesla's  stock market number right now, but when GM and VW and others start rolling their EVs Tesla is still rolling with their gen one Model S, Model X, Model 3 and , It wont mean much and  Im afraid Wallstreet WILL have to start lookin' at sales performance stats again...

Tesla IS ahead of everybody else in EV tech. Mostly in software programming of the battery metrics.  But THAT gap is QUICKLY closing from what I see Ford is doing (with the Mach E) and what GM is capable of doing with the Hummer EV.    By the time the full on EV Corvette comes on about, Im thinking that is when GM would have surpassed Tesla's tech.  

I keep on saying it, shyte on GM all you want, but the Corvette is proof positive of what the General is capable of doing.  And even Tesla hasnt accomplished what the C8 has both in terms of speed performance (The C8 is on the Model S' heels on a BASE model), mass production on an extremely expensive architecture AND turning a profit on it...   You know...what Wallstreet stock prices SHOULD be judged on...

In no time, GM will have plenty of EV models...  doubling and almost tripling Tesla's offerings. And then what do we talk about concerning  Wallstreet types wanting to see EVs and yelling from the rooftops Tesla Tesla Tesla???

But a company like Lucid, that will be lucky to sell 10k vehicles a year, is worth more than Ford selling 4 million a year.  If the Mach-E is positive influence on share price, and even if you say the Mach-E is just as impactful to investors as the Lucid Air is, then the rest of Ford Motor Company has a negative value.  

I think GM will dive in hard on EV's, they have said that is their mission, that is what investors want, that is what they are going to do.  This will push the price of cars up, will probably reduce sales, I don't know if consumers want a flood of EV's, but that is what they are going to build.  

In reference to the Corvette, I predict the C8 will be the last Corvette with a gas engine.   Also Tesla will not be easy to beat.

1 hour ago, David said:

Yes, unless they can truly get profitable with much more production over the next 24 to 36 months, the OEMs of the Auto Industry are going to eat Tesla alive and they will not survive as an independent company.

Amazon barely turned profit from 1996 to 2016, and yet they are the most valuable company in the world now.  

I actually don't think Tesla needs to turn much profit, as long as they aren't sustaining losses, investors will buy.  Tesla will be able to do more in self drive, ride share, subscriptions, selling insurance, etc that GM and Ford won't get into.   GM and Ford sell a product get revenue once and it is over, Tesla will find ways to monetize a vehicle for years and have higher revenue streams.

• Ride share & subscription programs have been tried by numerous brands; consumers don't want them.
• The vast bulk of Tesla's existence has been "sustaining losses".
• Stock is only a paper asset. It's a loan that is payable upon demand, with no advance notice or conditions.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, balthazar said:

• Ride share & subscription programs have been tried by numerous brands; consumers don't want them.
• The vast bulk of Tesla's existence has been "sustaining losses".
• Stock is only a paper asset. It's a loan that is payable upon demand, with no advance notice or conditions.

Uber had 6.9 billion rides in 2019.  What if half that many get done by a driverless Tesla at $20 per ride, that is $70 billion of revenue for them.

Subscription programs failed because they cost too much and the car isn’t shared.  A driverless car could serve 5-10 people per day, meaning it could be cheaper to be driven around in a Model S than to buy a Chevy Trax.  

21 hours ago, balthazar said:

Uber is a taxi service, serving 1 or 2 passengers. It's not technically 'ride-sharing', and Uber doesn't own the vehicles.

Who owns the so-called 'driverless' Teslas in your scenario?

Tesla would own the car and sell the rides.  Basically they could earn $350,000 of revenue over 5 years out of a Model 3 rather than sell one for $50,000 and be one and done with the revenue stream.   And most of that is revenue is all profit, they would just pay maintenance of the vehicle, setting up possibly a $250,000 profit margin on a Model 3.

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Basically they could earn $350,000 of revenue over 5 years out of a Model 3

That works out to $70 grand per year. Except the average Uber driver only makes $29K- might want to recalculate.

And until the true level 5 driverless tech is ready, tested & approved, Tesla will have to also pay drivers to drive all those unsold Model 3s. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, balthazar said:

That works out to $70 grand per year. Except the average Uber driver only makes $29K- might want to recalculate.

And until the true level 5 driverless tech is ready, tested & approved, Tesla will have to also pay drivers to drive all those unsold Model 3s. 

They can make $50-70 grand per year on a level 5 car.  Tesla will never have drivers.  Uber is another company that loses money, but is worth more than Ford and GM because of the prospect of driverless cars, and then that is where the money is.

Where's the evidence for that figure?

Tesla's cannot drive autonomously right now, no car can or will within 10 years - there has to be a driver. 

If the car makes about what Uber cars make, and you have to pay a driver salary+benefits, there's no potential to earn anything.

Fantasy.