TCC: New Acadia Spy Pics!

Spy Shots: 2008 GMC Acadia

An unshrouded prototype for the upcoming GMC Acadia crossover has finally broken cover, giving us our first comprehensive look at the this Lambda-based cousin to the Saturn Outlook. And you can see more of the first non-truck GMC inside TheCarConnection today:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10501.html

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice! not what i was expecting at all! I hate those rims so much though...

However i really like how that D pillar makes a huge difference in how the trio look from the side :) i just really hope those headlights are big enough, and not small and understated like the saturns... :thumbsup:

p.s. those tailights are described as looking like they were aftermarket lights :scratchchin: ... they look very very nice if i do say so myself :yes:

Somehere out there a shotgun wedding between a Cadillac

SRX & Acura MDX is going to be happeinng soon :blink:

Very nice! not what i was expecting at all! I hate those rims so much though...

However i really like how that D pillar makes a huge difference in how the trio look from the side  :) i just really hope those headlights are big enough, and not small and understated like the saturns... :thumbsup:

p.s. those tailights are described as looking like they were aftermarket lights :scratchchin: ... they look very very nice if i do say  so myself :yes:

Yeah the D-pillar makes a huge difference and makes it look a little more SUV vs crossover.

I'm liking how GMC is doing the aftermarket style lights on the Yukon and Acadia, maybe it'll continue on the Sierra or Denali version.

That chrome bar should be replaced with a body colored one tho, and the GMC logo should be placed on it. Not down on the side like the Yukon; cuz that's just sad!

This isn't at all what i was expecting. It's just an Outlook with a different grill and painted pillars. I guess this is the consequence of the GMC being added to the program very late in the game.

I hope the final product has painted rockers and lower front facia.

That is one thing I don't like about the Outlook is the black rockers and lower facia.

Edited by BuddyP

this really isn't 'butch' enough for a GMC.....the headlights have no Yukon/Envoy similarity...........honestly I could see this morphing into the chevy version as it looks quite Equinox.

Don't get me wrong, its conservative enough and bland enough to battle the Pilot and stuff, but its not the superior GMC styling I was expecting that would outright say 'professional grade'.

Why would you choose this over an Enclave if they are both in the same showroom? The Acadia really needs to have a rugged tough look, like the Yukon or Envoy.

Honestly, this is too urban pu$$ified for a GMC badge.......We DON'T NEED NO RIDGELINES

Edited by regfootball

8) This looks like a test mule to me, I think there is still plenty of change to come.

At least I hope so as this is generic and just a clone stamp job otherwise. :(

Are you sure this was ID'd right???  This looks more like a theta based Equinox refresh. Really, I was thinking Equinox when I first saw it.  The interior doesn't even look like the GMC, after all it is missing the three chrome bezled vents in the center stack.

Look at the size of the "Acadia" relative to the Tahoe sitting next to it. It's def not a theta... :scratchchin:

And you can't see the centre stack at all in these pics?

Edited by jbartley

This isn't at all what i was expecting. It's just an Outlook with a different grill and painted pillars. I guess this is the consequence of the GMC being added to the program very late in the game.

It's not just "painted D pillars" - On the outlook the rear glass wraps around and over the pillars. On the Acadia the pillars on the exterior and body colored.

Also the C-D pillar window is a diffrent shape.

Plain Jane! Kind of a waste...looks too much like the Outlook and even more generic, save for the stepped headlights...but that's it!

GMC never capitalized on the "Terra" design or philosophy, nor does it seem to care about the brilliant Simon Cox concept, Graphyte. This derivative, plain design could've gotten by a few years ago, when GM could afford such a product. But everything from here on out needs to be a hit, and I can't see this baby going outside the infield.

Additionally, it makes no sense to have this product in the realligned sales channels. Most likely, GM fiefdoms argued that the GMC would go after the the "tough" male-skewed set with lower price targets and lifestyles than the Buick. Unfortunately, the looks of this truck are not tough, professional grade. Only if this resembled the Graphyte would this vehicle make sense, and even then it would be clogging the channel with too many overlapping product.

I'll reserve final judgement when the thign is released...but this ain't off to a good start.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Actually it resembles the graphyte concept from the front end so far, notice the headlights :ohyeah::thumbsup:

Why can GNC not have one individualized product?!?!?! The Envoy did it and worked well, yet the Acadia has to be an Outlook knock off, except more bland???

One day we get an article about how "GMC's differentation worked well and will continue to be a goal" then the next we get this junk.

Better change this forum to GMC Trucks and Car. I don't understand the point of the Acadia-it looks just like the Outlook, and its a front-wheel-drive car underneath-why must GMC and Jeep's lifelong truck reputation be destroyed by these? Ship it over to Chevy and never mention it again!

this was probably supposed to be a Pontiac originally.. but then it was changed to GMC after it was decided Pontiac will no longer have any Suv's or minivans after the torrent goes out of production.. this isnt a bad looking crossover.. looks a million times better than the vehicle it sort of replaces.. the aztec... these pictures show that this prototype already has the GM badge on the doors..

this was probably supposed to be a Pontiac originally.. but then it was changed to GMC after it was decided Pontiac will no longer have any Suv's or minivans after the torrent goes out of production

Not sure whether to laugh or cry........revisit the interior pics again and see what they make you think of....

What's with the name? Acadia? Isn't that a French speaking area of Canada? WTF? Is THAT supposed to excite me? Barf!

One possible reason for this thing's existence (and I know I'm stretching, here) don't GMC dealerships better set-up for fleet sales & maintainance? I'm guessing on that... Perhaps these will be intended for fleet sales? I can imagine ORKIN being printed across the side of one.

I highly doubt that. How could GM already be giving a new look to the Yukon? It just came out. A revision of the front end would cost a lot of money. Something GM is in dire need of.

Edited by Cadillacfan