Satan Day.

Satan day was upon us yesterday... so what did it bring?

The Grand Am's engine is back together. So... I bet you want to know about it? Well... I doubt it, but here goes... Does it run? Yes. Better? Eh... Wait, even the same as before? Eh... It's hard to say. It may run better, but the ticking has gotten even worse. Something went wrong. The fact that my dad ended up with two extra bolts isn't good. One thing that I do know is that neither of us could get the sparks plugs out. My dad isn't weak, by any means. They would not budge at all. I don't think that's a good thing, either. But back to the ticking... it's much louder and upon revving it, the ticking dances around a bit. I can't explain it any better than that. :P

So... is it good enough? IDK yet... It's still in the garage on jack stands. I'm thinking about reattaching the right front wheel, taking in off the jacks and drive it down the road to get a better idea of how it runs... but IDK if my dad was going to do anything more with it. I know he looked pretty pissed when he started it for the first time. I doubt he wants to tear the engine back apart again... and I know I don't want him to either as it'll end up sitting in the garage for another freakin' month. Long live Satan day.

Oh, btw... anyone want to loan me $2000? That's all I need. I found a Miata with only 40k miles for $4700. It's a C-package, meaning that it's loaded with leather and factory BBS wheels. It's black and even has a hard top with it. It's looks good. I want it... badly. If you ever thought about being nice and loaning the money to me before... now would be the time. A deal this good doesn't come by often and it's only $2k.

:lol: @ Enzora.

Congratulations, at least it's running. You've got one of two options: Sell it now and take whatever you can get for it (probably 500-1000), or use it as is, get a job, and drive it (carefully) over the summer. You might be able to net a couple of thousand to put towards the Miata, then do with the GA as you wish.

Alright... took it for a drive. It runs alright, I guess. Although... it's still powerless feeling. Also, the oil temperature gauge ain't working at all. It ran for a good 10 minutes and it didn't budge one bit. As for the ticking...

Is it a rhythmic, constant ticking or a irregular knocking sound?

It's constant while accelerating. Let it idle afterwards... and it's not but it's like... "tick 1...........tick 2 tick 3....tick 1" over and over, constant, but irregular. That's the best I can describe it. It's louder and I can feel it in the clutch and the shifter, unlike before. To me, it sounds like the timing is badly off. I think the pressure might be off as well and I'm sure the spark plugs being impossible to remove has to have something to do with all this. I read in the Hynes repair manual the trouble shooting techniques.... it doesn't list the exact problem, but many different ones that apply. Everything from the sparkplugs, timing, pressure, or irregularities in parts and the like, etc. I need to take to a mechanic is what I need to do, though... Probably my uncle in Punxy. When your dad works on your car while he's drinking, something's bound to be screwed up. :P

the rice wing... on that car... :puke::banghead::banghead::scared::yikes:

buy some penetrating oil and dump massive amounts around the spark plugs. let it sit over night and get a massive pipe to put over the hanlde of the ratchet or whatever your using. i hope those bolts wernt anything like crank main bolts or anything important.

Now you know why I said "72826"...  :AH-HA_wink:

um... not... really :unsure: am i missing something?

yes i got it... lol im in chat so im kinda preoccupied...

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah, I had to flip the phone open.......it is also the zip to someplace in Arkansas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder if the self-righteous Southern Baptists noticed like they did in Jackson, Kentucky and plan on complaining about it? (In Jackson the phone prefix or whatever you call it is 666-[with the 4 Digit Number here].)

Sorry... I keep staring at Bush flipping me off and then flip him off. It's a fun game.

:scratchchin: Maybe I should find out and see...

Guest YellowJacket894

I had a friend once he took some acid

Now he thinks he's a fire engine

It's okay until he pisses on your lighter

Kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway

Satan, Satan, Satan...

I had a friend once he took some ecstasy

Tried to marry me and every one in the room

He was sort of loving kinda caring,

kinda tried to f@#k my lazy boy

It got a bit messy all over the curtains,

arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting

Satan, Satan, Satan...

I'm getting bored again...

you have 4 exhaust exits... in a 4 cylinder engined car...

when they were designing it did they think that it may wind up in the hands of BV... and provide extra exhaust exits accordingly? :P

No... it's a sports car. :P That's why it is was pretty much the only compact car to 205-55-16 tires, 6 gauges (same as Corvette!), the designation "sports coupe" under "GT", those 4 exhaust tips, and for 92-94... a High Output 4cyl making 175hp with a Getrag 5 speed (same as Porsche!). See? It's a sports car. :lol::D

It's just that the Quad4 was nuetered in 95 and they discontinued the HO Quad4. Atleast with those, I'd have decent power and engine complications instead of just the latter.

My Datsun has a nasty a$$ tick, always has

always will but your Grand Am I'm pretty

sure should not. Eh, who needs an oil pump

anyways? Just top it off w/ 12 more quarts. :wink:

You what the story? I got three out of four spark plugs replaced, while the one would come out. I tried and tried. Upon starting afterwards, sounds like the one I was yanking on broke or something as soon the engine turned over. That transformed it into a 3cyl. It sounded like &#036;h&#33; and missed like hell. Going up hills or idling was a disaster. To add to that, it overheated. Not only was the original cause of it not solved, but something electrical is f@#ked up in that my fan won't turn on... Oh, and did I tell you my dad broke my temp gauge? Fun times... barely got it to my grandparents house... then it died. Its there now. Luckily it didn't do it when I stopped at School to return some books.

Now I get to car shop some more! Yeah! :P