Car spotting in the first month of summer - June 2021

• White Mach-E zipping thru lanes like a typical BMW driver. Looks good tho.
• rusted/tired red early '70s Maverick, moldering in the weeds next to a rural back road.
• Early '50s GMC pickup project, very good sheet metal
• repainted 'Petty Blue' '71-72 Charger, covered headlights, cosmetically clean, parked.
• '65 LeMans convertible, some significant patches of body rot, Iris Mist, project 

• Upvote 1

I needed some cleaning products for my automobiles. Both cars hadnt been cleaned on the inside for quite some time now...  I have 3 consecutive days off starting today so I thought Id do some car cleaning.  I thought I had some left over but nope, so before heading to work yesterday, I bought some cleaning products.     And this is what I saw in the Canadian Tire parking lot.  

My dad's 1979 Impala seemed to have had the same colour...

Say what you will about 1970s cars from GM.  

Diss, bitch and complain and say that GM's troubles began in the 1970s.  I, for one though, LOVE many many GM products from this era.   

This Poncho right here...long, low and sleek.  Beautiful convertible.  Miles better looking and interesting than the shyte cars that you could see in the background...

Pontiac.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

At the dealer this morning for service on the Jeep, they have two identical gray Ram TRXes on the lot…sticker price $99995…$13k ‘market adjustment’.  Also a red one. 

A nice F8 green Charger R/T and purple Challenger R/T scat pack in the showroom.

One curious thing I noticed were 3 used 2020 Kia Tellurides on the lot.   First time I’d looked at them up close, they look smaller in person   .  

82F2580D-2F46-4FA6-B664-34CD47D4F0DA.jpeg

3DA6C808-74B8-49CD-9893-67FE38E78582.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall

At Costco picking up steaks for BBQ dinner and I find this Volvo Jewel in the parking lot!

Gotta love 2" thick Ribeeye Regular and Tomahawk steaks.

20210618_143903.jpg

Volvo jewel

20210618_145845.jpg

20210618_145834.jpg

• Upvote 2

My cousin (the hoarder) picked up an ‘03 mercedes 2-dr, paid $1000. I again laugh as I got a ride in it; just as much cheap plastics and plood as anything from the era. This one is beat to shit; suspension banging and crashing, radio hammering like a woodpecker, trans slipping, large swathes of hand spray-painting on the body… but the A/C works! 🙄 😆

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, balthazar said:

My cousin (the hoarder) picked up an ‘03 mercedes 2-dr, paid $1000. I again laugh as I got a ride in it; just as much cheap plastics and plood as anything from the era. This one is beat to shit; suspension banging and crashing, radio hammering like a woodpecker, trans slipping, large swathes of hand spray-painting on the body… but the A/C works! 🙄 😆

What is his plans for this Plastic POS?