Will Competition Destroy Tesla?

3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/The-new-EQS-ENERGIZING-AIR-CONTROL-Plus.xhtml?oid=49404671

Filter removes over 99.65% of all particles.

https://www.motoring.com.au/mercedes-eqs-cabin-air-as-good-as-operating-theatre-127936/

"So proud of the clean air achieved by its new climate control, Mercedes has had its filtration system certified according to the stringent DIN EN 1822 standard, with the car-maker claiming no other car currently on sale offers cleaner cabin air."

So MB DOES NOT state it follows the DIN EN 1822 standard as it is not stated anywhere on their web sites. Motoring has never had a problem quoting false data also, so while the 1822 standard is a Hepa Standard for Europe.

EN 1822 Standard. Absolute Filters (EPA, HEPA and ULPA) | Venfilter Air filters and industrial ventilation

Again, MB does not state it as such. The ZG 250-1 certification seems to be a made up certification by MB and Anyone can state their product filter removes a high percentage of particles, but that is an OPEN book on how they test their own product.

Where is the independent testing to back this up?

As an OPTIONAL add on, that also means the whole ventilation system is compromised so 99.65% is pretty much impossible to enforce.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They split up because they knew Chrysler wasn't worth keeping.   Chrysler got the Charger/300 platform, the Grand Cherokee platform and the Crossfire from Mercedes.  Outside of the Ram 1500, their 2 m

No one is buying the Jaguar i-Pace, that car flopped from day one.  Maybe because it is ugly and overpriced or maybe because it says Jaguar on it, and the Model Y says Tesla on it.  If you buy a Tesla

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1046235_report-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-was-originally-the-next-viper If you've thought the 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG looks a lot like the Dodge Viper, you're no

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, David said:

So MB DOES NOT state it follows the DIN EN 1822 standard as it is not stated anywhere on their web sites. Motoring has never had a problem quoting false data also, so while the 1822 standard is a Hepa Standard for Europe.

EN 1822 Standard. Absolute Filters (EPA, HEPA and ULPA) | Venfilter Air filters and industrial ventilation

Again, MB does not state it as such. The ZG 250-1 certification seems to be a made up certification by MB and Anyone can state their product filter removes a high percentage of particles, but that is an OPEN book on how they test their own product.

Where is the independent testing to back this up?

As an OPTIONAL add on, that also means the whole ventilation system is compromised so 99.65% is pretty much impossible to enforce.

Mercedes says over 99.65% of particles, I'll take their word for it.  And that matches Tesla's 99.7%, and we know Tesla is more likely to round up numbers than Mercedes is.  

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Mercedes says over 99.65% of particles, I'll take their word for it.  And that matches Tesla's 99.7%, and we know Tesla is more likely to round up numbers than Mercedes is.  

If MB is so great and reliable, then why do they not post their actual testing and certification of the process?

Why is there no details of what 99.65% of what particles?

What size Hepa filter is this?

So many unanswered questions with a fictional certification.

Tesla at least posts their testing and Hepa Filter size.

Putting the Tesla HEPA Filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode to the Test | Tesla

image.png

8 minutes ago, David said:

If MB is so great and reliable, then why do they not post their actual testing and certification of the process?

Why is there no details of what 99.65% of what particles?

What size Hepa filter is this?

So many unanswered questions with a fictional certification.

Tesla at least posts their testing and Hepa Filter size.

Putting the Tesla HEPA Filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode to the Test | Tesla

image.png

23.5 inches by 16.2 inches and 1.6 inches thick, 10 liter volume

https://insideevs.com/news/501198/mercedes-benz-eqs-world-premiere/

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, balthazar said:

It's a HEPA filter, does anyone really care about this??
Every time you open a door or the windows, every time you enter the car with shoes, clothing, hair; air quality is rendered moot.

They care in China where the air quality is terrible.  And maybe Los Angeles or NYC where congestion is bad, outside of that probably not.

Nah...its about chemical warfare.

And ze Germans (Mercedes) know a thing or two about that from their recent but past history... ☠️  

8)

Sorry @David  

Stay safe everyone! 

Get your HEPA filters to compliment your masks now!   😷

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, smk4565 said:

They care in China where the air quality is terrible.  And maybe Los Angeles or NYC where congestion is bad, outside of that probably not.

Maybe you missed the point there. You still have to get out of your car in those places. 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

No passenger car could run 2 hours around a track near redline 80% of the time without everything over heating and the engine probably dying, let alone do that in 7 races, 7 qualifying sessions and 21 practice sessions.  

Which includes AMG's street cars... 

But in all seriousness, I don't think ANY vehicle's engine and transmission could NOT withstand that. I'm almost certain brakes on all of those vehicles will fail before blowing an engine or transmission up. 

A crazy air filtration system is just a gimmick to advertise something "neat". I really don't see the point of it, but I guess it's a neat thing... 

16 hours ago, David said:

Agree that is a big issue and goes with the bunker style of you cannot see out of the auto very well, just sucks along with the overall jelly bean look.

I don't even really think it is bunker-style as the side windows clearly have a lot of window. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, David said:

Is it the distraction of solar panels, Wall Power, Space X, etc., etc., etc.,

SpaceX is it's own private company and financially has nothing to do with Tesla. 

The Tesla solar panels and Wall Power are part of Tesla though. 

24 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

SpaceX is it's own private company and financially has nothing to do with Tesla. 

The Tesla solar panels and Wall Power are part of Tesla though. 

Yes Space X is it's own company run by the same CEO as Tesla, so Yes it does matter as he is distracted on how to live on Mars and send people there. His focus is NOT on Tesla only, just like the solar panels or wall power. He is a distracted CEO that is hurting IMHO not helping Tesla as much as he should be.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, David said:

Yes Space X is it's own company run by the same CEO as Tesla, so Yes it does matter as he is distracted on how to live on Mars and send people there. His focus is NOT on Tesla only, just like the solar panels or wall power. He is a distracted CEO that is hurting IMHO not helping Tesla as much as he should be.

I don't think there is some crazy "distraction level" that's making Tesla non-profitable. He's not there doing day-to-day activities. He's strictly making company-wide decisions. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I don't think there is some crazy "distraction level" that's making Tesla non-profitable. He's not there doing day-to-day activities. He's strictly making company-wide decisions. 

We will see as 2025 is not that far off when clearly 100's of BEVs are going to be on the market and we will know then if Tesla can survive on it's own or not. I am thinking not!

1 hour ago, David said:

We will see as 2025 is not that far off when clearly 100's of BEVs are going to be on the market and we will know then if Tesla can survive on it's own or not. I am thinking not!

What happens in 2025 that "we will see"? Do you really think they'll be gone in only 3.5 years because Musk is a CEO of SpaceX as well?