Search problem

I have always loved the 2-door Tahoes and Yukons but searching for them online is a hassle. They always slip between the cracks in any search and I end up entering every configuration of 2-door Tahoe(Yukon) as in 2dr Tahoe, 2-door Tahoe, Tahoe 2-door, etc. or sifting through thousands of 4-doors just to find a handful of 2-door listings. What a PITA! So, if you run across any let me know.

Those 2-doors were really good looking, something about the proportions just made them look worlds better than their 4-door counterparts, same thing goes for Jeep Cherokees. I'm guessing part of your problem is that they didn't make many of them to begin with. Good luck in the hunt.

I guess I should narrow it down a bit. I am looking for the following:

'96-'99 4WD, barn doors,VERY clean,VERY low miles

will consider '95 and back if manual and exceptional condition

Holy Grail: '97 Yukon GT

Prefer solid colors, preferably dark blue, dark green, black

Camino, just remember that the YUKON 2-door stopped production in 1997 while the Tahoe continued on until 1999.

Good luck with the search - I'll be real jealous if you end up with a Yukon 2-door! Two summers ago I found a '95 Yukon SLE with about 65k onthe clock. I waited a few extra days to take the drive up north Jersey and it was gone! I was pretty sure I would have driven it off the lot (this was about a year before I decided to buy the SKY). A used car dealership near my Saturn dealer had a tan colored '99 Tahoe 2-door with 71K - but this was back in April and it sold soon after I saw it. When I lived in Bordentown, this guy in a nearby neighborhood had a '96 Yukon GT (maroon) with the chrome '99-'00 Denali rims - pretty sharp looking truck. He's older, so maybe one day soon he'll plan to sell it :P

I'll keep my eyes out for you for anything available over here in southern NJ.

Camino, just remember that the YUKON 2-door stopped production in 1997 while the Tahoe continued on until 1999.

Good luck with the search - I'll be real jealous if you end up with a Yukon 2-door!  Two summers ago I found a '95 Yukon SLE with about 65k onthe clock.  I waited a few extra days to take the drive up north Jersey and it was gone!  I was pretty sure I would have driven it off the lot (this was about a year before I decided to buy the SKY). A used car dealership near my Saturn dealer had a tan colored '99 Tahoe 2-door with 71K - but this was back in April and it sold soon after I saw it.  When I lived in Bordentown, this guy in a nearby neighborhood had a '96 Yukon GT (maroon) with the chrome '99-'00 Denali rims - pretty sharp looking truck.  He's older, so maybe one day soon he'll plan to sell it  :P

I'll keep my eyes out for you for anything available over here in southern NJ.

Thanks!

From Autoshopper.com

CHEVROLET

'98 Tahoe LS Sport, 72K (Philadelphia, PA):

http://www.autoshopper.com/viewfull.asp?ID...&FromSearch=Yes

'97 Tahoe LT, 95K (Fairless Hills, PA - Bucks County):

'97 Tahoe (BASE), no mileage listed (Philadelphia, PA):

GMC

None found :angry:

From Autotrader.com:

GMC

1997 Yukon SLE, 88K (Philadelphia, PA - PRIVATE OWNER)

1997 Yukon link

CHEVROLET

1996 Tahoe LS, 67K (Wilmington, DE):

1996 Tahoe link

1997 Tahoe (LS or LT?), 81K (Spring City, PA): MIGHT BE A BARN-DOOR SETUP!

1997 Tahoe link

Good luck! :AH-HA_wink:

I like those too. There's a light blue over dark blue Yukon parked at a used car dealership near where I work, I pass it every day. I'm not sure what kind of back doors it's got though, or the mileage.

I found dark green GT...but it's in Cali and has ~93K miles. :unsure: Plus, I don't know if they ship.

Craiglist and direct listing:

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/167729110.html

http://www.dealerfusion.com/search.asp?mod...ntoryno=0897284

I suppose now is a good time to ask if distance matters.

---

Found another black one (1996) in NC with 60K.

http://gmc.autoextra.com/vehicledetail/adi.../tp-PP/do-basic

Camino, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a GMC Yukon with barn doors. Just about every '95-'97 Yukon 2-door I've ever seen has the liftgate/tailgate. While the liftgate/tailgate was an option, I'd have to say that very few people bothered ordering their Yukon 2-door with the standard barn doors (most people wanted the rear wiper/washer, which you couldn't get with the barn doors). Now I'll say that I've seen many 2-door Tahoes with the barn doors, so I'm guessing you'll end up with a Tahoe in the long run. Btw, what kind of mileage are you looking for on your "perfect" 2-door fullsize SUV?

Camino, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a GMC Yukon with barn doors.  Just about every '95-'97 Yukon 2-door I've ever seen has the liftgate/tailgate.  While the liftgate/tailgate was an option, I'd have to say that very few people bothered ordering their Yukon 2-door with the standard barn doors (most people wanted the rear wiper/washer, which you couldn't get with the barn doors).  Now I'll say that I've seen many 2-door Tahoes with the barn doors, so I'm guessing you'll end up with a Tahoe in the long run.  Btw, what kind of mileage are you looking for on your "perfect" 2-door fullsize SUV?

I know, I know, but I'm not in a huge rush so I'm going to give it a try. For mileage, the lower the better but 70k would be the cut-off.

Last night wiht the Super 88 behind us on the flatbed

we were driving down Rt.2 and a MINT baby blue mid

90s 2-door Tahoe passed by. :wub:

Back in 2003 when I was working for the GMC dealer

I had this pain in the a$$ customer who was always

lookgng for a 2dr Yukon/Tahoe/Blazer from the 90s.

He used to come in like once a week... "Any used 2dr

Tahoes?" He said he'd take almost anything if it was

clean and less than 90K.

This went on for like two months. Then one

day we got a nice (95?) Tahoe 2dr with like 70K on it.

It was blue and had a tan interior, clean & solid. I

called him up ASAP and told him to stop by becase we

just got the perfect trade it. He came in, bitched about

the blue exterior color, bitched about the tan interior &

then wasted 1.25 hours of my life telling me how lame

this truck was.

Fu&%ing looser. People get so hung up over stupid

details. Beggars can't be choosers. I'd never pass on

a good deal for the sake of color if the vehicle is rare,

solid and priced right. $h! I wasn't looking for a green

Caddy STS, or a Battleship-gray S10 Blazer, or a

tripple gray/silver Fleetwood Brougham, or even a

refrigerator white Super 88.

Girls get super hung up about colors, men who look

for a truck get hugn up over things that are relevant like

engine size, transmission & body configuration.

[/rant] :wacko:

Thanks for the leads guys.

Wow Caddy, those 2wd versions are mega rare and you found 2 of them! They won't work for me but they sure are cool.

Yep, I live in a truck state so they are not too hard to find. I heard sales of new trucks haven't slowed even with gas at $3 a gallon.

Guest YellowJacket894

Thought I'd help in the good ol' search. 8) :AH-HA_wink:

By the way, I'd give up on the barn-door search. The way my search is looking, it ain't gonna happen often (I searched within 300 miles of where I'm at and I also did a search without a mileage restriction). But, low mile examples are a definite yes; they seem to be very plentiful. :yes:

27,712 Miles!

Holy Split Doors!

Is This A Sport or Z71?

More Barn-Doors!

What About This One?

A Nice Sport Model

More Split Doors...

Here's Another...

21,000 Miles...

Yukon GT...

Another Yukon GT...

That's all I'm posting. :D

Edited by YellowJacket894

• 7 months later...

My dad has a 97 Yukon GT with 60,000 miles....White with dark blue int..

5.7 L , 3:73, lockers, tow pkg, etc, etc he is 87.

I got first dibs.

3.23 and it looks like I got first dibs.... :thumbsup:

January on the member's rides calender, next to Nos's cobalt for reference.

Edited by schuby87